[SOLVED] Can't get past Step 2, NO errors!

I can't install Prestashop, it goes as far as Step 2 but when I clicked 'Next' it just returns to Step 1 starting over. I have absolutely no errors at the moment, the "can open external urls" & "Is PHP register global option off" were red X'd but I fixed the code accordingly so now every thing in the list is green checked but it still won't go past Step 2.

I added a new MySQL database and uploaded Prestashop using Filezilla to my FTP which is hosted through iPage.com

any ideas???

post-441351-0-77895300-1354469098_thumb.jpg

What version a PHP.ini are you using 5.2 or 5.3.

At one time I had swithed to 5.3 and had the same issue I returned to 5.2 and the install proceeded.

I also am on Ipage.

It's on 5.3 right now, whenever I switch to 5.2 it shows only those 2 errors again (because I haven't added the changes to that version) and it still won't continue past Step 2.

*double post*

I really need help. I don't want to have to go to Magento or Opencart, I would like to use Prestashop, but it isn't working!

I re-uploaded Prestashop to my FTP and now it's giving me an Internal Service Error and won't fully load Step 1.

Help!!!

Any information you might need to know:

Windows 7

Firefox browser (wouldn't work in Chrome either)

Prestashop 1.5.2

iPage.com for hosting

Filezilla for uploading

Unzipped the Prestashop folder and uploaded it to it's own Prestashop folder on my FTP

created a new MySQL database

checked both 5.3 and 5.2 PHP

both 5.3 and 5.2 had "can open external url" and "Is PHP register global option off", but i made the proper changes to fix those errors, upon last verification, all items were green checked.

it takes a good hour to upload the contents (7,500 files) of the Prestashop folder via Filezilla, so i'm not looking forward to continuous problems with this stuff. but i'm willing to give a few more tries before I abandon this place and move on to opencart or something. please help!!

This is an issue with your PHP.ini file and sessions, look for the variable session.save_path, will look like code below, you need to enter a path to your cgi-bin tmp file similar to below.

Or call your host and have them set this correctly for you, I fixed straybulletcustoms with this last night.

(the yourdomain does not include the .com)

; where MODE is the octal representation of the mode. Note that this

; does not overwrite the process's umask.

session.save_path = /home/users/web/b1447/ipg.yourdomain/cgi-bin/tmp

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure why anyone would want to upload 7,500 files...

upload your zip to cgi-bin

then use file manager to unpack.

then in file manager copy files to appropriate area....

Either take an hour to upload 7500 files

or take 5 min or so using the above method...

*double post*

I really need help. I don't want to have to go to Magento or Opencart, I would like to use Prestashop, but it isn't working!

I re-uploaded Prestashop to my FTP and now it's giving me an Internal Service Error and won't fully load Step 1.

Help!!!

Any information you might need to know:

Windows 7

Firefox browser (wouldn't work in Chrome either)

Prestashop 1.5.2

iPage.com for hosting

Filezilla for uploading

Unzipped the Prestashop folder and uploaded it to it's own Prestashop folder on my FTP

created a new MySQL database

checked both 5.3 and 5.2 PHP

both 5.3 and 5.2 had "can open external url" and "Is PHP register global option off", but i made the proper changes to fix those errors, upon last verification, all items were green checked.

it takes a good hour to upload the contents (7,500 files) of the Prestashop folder via Filezilla, so i'm not looking forward to continuous problems with this stuff. but i'm willing to give a few more tries before I abandon this place and move on to opencart or something. please help!!

• 2 months later...

This is an issue with your PHP.ini file and sessions, look for the variable session.save_path, will look like code below, you need to enter a path to your cgi-bin tmp file similar to below.

Or call your host and have them set this correctly for you, I fixed straybulletcustoms with this last night.

Thank you so much! I was having this problem trying to install 1.5.3. Works perfectly now, only wish I had found this before I spent 6hrs trying everything under the sun!

As a note for others, in your php.ini file the "/home/users/web/b1447/ipg.yourdomain" part of the solution trd170 posted will be different for every user. Not just the yourdomain, with iPage you can find the entire address just above php.ini editor. Just append "/cgi-bin/tmp" to the end.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can't find the PHP.ini file does that mean i got lost in upload? only file i have thats similar is PHP.js

I can't find the PHP.ini file does that mean i got lost in upload? only file i have thats similar is PHP.js

No the PHP.ini filr is on the server side usually available in your host control panel.

If you can not find it call your host and ask them to set this for you and ask if the file is available for editing by you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...