PrestaShop 1.5.2- Available Monday 10/22/2012

Dear PrestaShop Community,

We are very excited to announce that PrestaShop 1.5.2 will be released on Monday, October 22nd 2012. Our Developing Team continues to work hard fixing bugs while improving functionality and features. Here is a quick rundown of some of the major improvements in 1.5.2

-Improved performance of the shopping cart.

-Fixed Bug that caused an Error when Generating an Invoice.

-Fixed the Filter in back office which crashed on “Customer” tab

-Fixed the Sort filter that was not working on any back-office tab.

-Fixed various issues with the Combinations Generator.

-Improved CSV Import functionality.

Since October 4th, we have fixed en estimated of 230 reported bugs.

We have also made great strides to improve the 1-Click Upgrade- AutoUpgrade Module. Here are some improvements we have made.

- Redesigned the user interface of the home page.

- Rewrote various text for clarity including the descriptions, options, help, etc.

- Removed the need for validated options, the module now sets default values instead.

- Improved “Expert Mode” experience when completing a Back-Up

- Removed unnecessary warnings and re-incorporated them into the text.

-Corrected bug in which the option to “RollBack” was displayed even if no backup was available.

-Corrected missing strings to be translated in French, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese.

Thank you all for choosing PrestaShop. Without your loyalty and support PrestaShop would not be where it is today. We continue to value your suggestions and feedback to make PrestaShop better day by day.

Regards,

Benjamin

• Like 4

I've spend more time trying to get prestashop 1.5.1 working, compared to the first installation & configuration (inlc. full translations) of prestashop 1.4.x.

I only hope that

A) 1.5.2 will fix all my problems with the 1.5.1

B) It doesn't cause as horrible things as the 1.5.1 did!

Bad part is that I kind of need to upgrade as the 1.5.1 is just so big mess (although if you don't count the issues with Instant-checkout/quest checkout, it's pretty much working now (almost!).

For the 1.5.1 version I was so hopefully. But especially there is a problem with friendly url. When friendly url enabled login link and adding cart and cart can not be displayed. Error 310 problem is occuring.

Errors similar to this for login link: domain.com/index.php?controller=authentication&back=my-account&50ea9bef4d07776368a04b190a074a4e=79Md...

Errors similar to this for cart link: domain.com/index.php?controller=order&50ea9bef4d07776368a04b190a074a4e=79MdZjw....

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS) is the error for borwser.

Products can not be added to cart sometimes and cart can not be displayed. I saw there are many people have the same problem.

I think this issue must be fixed with 1.5.2

There is also one thing that needs to be noted down. Its related to third party modules.

We understand that everyone uses some or the other 3rd party module, but when you switch an upgrade then you go for a toss for them. Some modules are not compatible and hence they dont run in the upgraded install. thougfh their enteries are there in you SQL database.

Now prestashop developers should focus on the fact that these extra modules should either be disabled or uninstalled while upgrading and on the other hand the database should be optimised with the things that are working and not nonuseful enteries.

Kindly suggest me one thing. I have a PS 1.5.1 shop with 10,000 products, 10000 users and 4000 orders. Will this make my site slow? My site weights 2.3 GB

Also note i am using this on Quad core 3 ghz, 8 GB ram dedicated server. I have only this website installed.

Hi Vynx,

Does login and cart links errors still exist in 1.5.2 when friendly url enabled? In 1.5.1 when a guest click to login or cart link error 310 occurs. What about 1.5.2 have you tried it?

how to check it or generate it?

would you please kindly give me step by step to generate the error?

its not happen even in the my 1.5.1 ....

Vynx what is your server linux or windows? Or do you test on your localhost. There is also not problem on my localhost but in production enviroment on my linux dedicated server problem occurs.

Have you tired it on your localhost or windows server?

After upgrading to 1.5.1, I am scared to go for 1.5.2. Will read reviews and then go... I dont want to lead

Exactly.. 1.5.1 compared to the RC1 (1.5.0.13) is a mess.. Every single version has bugs (unfortunately) but in the RC1 they were solved easily because of the immediate help of the prestashop engineers.. The bugs in 1.5.1 are more or less the same you send messages to the engineers and they are just helpless, telling you that there is no bug!! Such a pity for the software that I love so much :'(

I do know one thing I am not even attempting to upgrade till I see the reviews are a lot better than 1.4.9 so when it gets to that point I will upgrade and from the looks of it they may be in 6 months. No offense to the prestashop engineers :)

Hi,

may i know whats version do you use now? i need to deploy stable one...

Running Prestashop 1.5.1

I have tried everything under the sun trying to get the shopping cart to work. I keep getting the error " There is 1 error

• There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected."

I also noticed that every time I change the carrier setting the ID gets incremented. The carrier started as ID 8 but now

it is ID 15.

Can someone please help me with this. I too am disappointed with this product after I recommended it. It has high potential

but the bugs are frustrating. Feels like Gilligan's Island where a 3 hour tour turns into forever on a wreck.

Thanks to the experts out there.

Running Prestashop 1.5.1

I have tried everything under the sun trying to get the shopping cart to work. I keep getting the error " There is 1 error

I also noticed that every time I change the carrier setting the ID gets incremented. The carrier started as ID 8 but now

it is ID 15.

Can someone please help me with this. I too am disappointed with this product after I recommended it. It has high potential

but the bugs are frustrating. Feels like Gilligan's Island where a 3 hour tour turns into forever on a wreck.

Thats mean a new Carrier is created and maybe the old one is removed (thats why you get Carrier not found...) ?

It's very hard to debug this error, sometimes the code is clean, they use DB class to insert data, BUT sometimes not, they hardcode the MySQL query in the controller ;-(

Good luck ^^

anybody know when would be public the new version 1.5.2?

where is 1.5.2 ? i can not wait any more :)

Hey guys, you have to wait! Personally I want a high quality (compared to the failure 1.5.1) product. To receive something good we have to wait.. So please don't DEMAND the software because then the developers in order to make everyone happy will release the version sooner unfinished or without quality control before release... So please stop.. I don't want any more bugs!!

We are very excited to announce that PrestaShop 1.5.2 will be released on Monday, October 22nd 2012. Our Developing Team continues to work hard fixing bugs while improving functionality and features. Here is a quick rundown of some of the major improvements in 1.5.2

We have also made great strides to improve the 1-Click Upgrade- AutoUpgrade Module. Here are some improvements we have made.

- Rewrote various text for clarity including the descriptions, options, help, etc.

- Removed the need for validated options, the module now sets default values instead.

-Corrected bug in which the option to “RollBack” was displayed even if no backup was available.

-Corrected missing strings to be translated in French, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese.

Thank you all for choosing PrestaShop. Without your loyalty and support PrestaShop would not be where it is today. We continue to value your suggestions and feedback to make PrestaShop better day by day.

Regards,

Benjamin

Can you help me in my 1.5.1 version? I have made the .htaccess file rw for provider groups and other but still no sign of my greek translation.. what can I do? :angry:

Hello All, thank you for all of your responses. Version 1.5.2 was set to be released this evening. However, We have just learned that this release will be Delayed until Tomorrow. Thank you very much for your patience.

awwww......

Well thank you for the update Ben :)

I rather see it work well and wait.. :)

Hello All, thank you for all of your responses. Version 1.5.2 was set to be released this evening. However, We have just learned that this release will be Delayed until Tomorrow. Thank you very much for your patience.

now, is 10/23 8:00 at beijing,normally is 10/23 2:00 at paris,so the 10/22 evening have passed, but I don't see the 1.5.2 release!

I recommend tophost for hosting. Very reliable. (10 euros/month or less if you pay by 3 months or 6 or year, taxes and dedicated ip included).. Whenever I have problem in the same day, maximum the next it is solved if it depends on the provider ;)

DUDE i have Quad core 8GB ram dedicated server alloted. Kindly understand that this site was working perfect before upgraded to PS 1.5.1

Running Prestashop 1.5.1

it is ID 15.

Hello Newbie Too,

Have you tried setting a default carrier that is valid to deliver to ALL the countries that you deliver to? However I did not doublecheck (reproduce) it, I'm pretty sure that did the trick for me on 1.5.1. to get rid of that "..There are no carriers ..." message...

Edited by ffl247 (see edit history)

Personally I think that it will be released when 2 000 000 downloads will be completed.. Something like THE SPECIAL EDITION :P The only thing that I hope is to be very good

i agree with this +1

I recommend tophost for hosting. Very reliable. (10 euros/month or less if you pay by 3 months or 6 or year, taxes and dedicated ip included).. Whenever I have problem in the same day, maximum the next it is solved if it depends on the provider ;)

what is the tophost URL?

Hi everyone,

Import products csv file appears 18 errors and 9 warnings ! Why is this so..? Are you guys also see this before? where is wrong? Is it attributes form incorrect?

Could someone please advance. PLEASSSSS............

post-415207-0-81214400-1351011026_thumb.jpg post-415207-0-99068900-1351011030_thumb.jpg

Come on guys. Download and try the new 1.5.2 and let us know how it goes. I don't want to be a guinea pig on this one! :) I had so many problems with 1.5.1. I hope this goes better.

Also, what is the best method of updating? The auto update or doing it manually? I've never had any luck with the auto update. :(

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Import products csv file appears 18 errors and 9 warnings ! Why is this so..? Are you guys also see this before? where is wrong? Is it attributes form incorrect?

Could someone please advance. PLEASSSSS............

post-415207-0-81214400-1351011026_thumb.jpg post-415207-0-99068900-1351011030_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure, but it seems like some your product names are empty - that's why you're getting the errors. It might be separator related. double check your CSV file also.

I haven't had any issues upgrading from 1.5.0.17->1.5.1.0 and 1.5.1.0->1.5.2.0

1.5.2.0 seems to work just fine apart from a few minor issues.

How do you update buddy. Cause this is new for us this time with PS 1.5.x - i.e. UPDATING WITHOUT ANY ISSUES

How do you update buddy. Cause this is new for us this time with PS 1.5.x - i.e. UPDATING WITHOUT ANY ISSUES

I've used the 1-click upgrade module this time also.

Btw, I've looked into your log and I'm wondering what all the yahoo links are about? My guess is that your issue is related to an 1.5 incompatible module. If you have any idea which module it might be, then try disabling it.

Disappointed still with PS 1.5.2 on speed perspective. There is no change in the speed. In 1.4.9 my shop use to load within 2.5 sec. Its now increased to 8 sec on testing the speed in country where my server is located. Tried Eaccelerator,APC,Memcached, File system, XCache. None of caching mechanism works.. The shop loads much faster without enabling these. With my server located outside my country the final load time of shop in my country is about 15 sec in PS1.5 with cdn. It used to be not more than 4 sec in PS1.4.9

As I was already using all the performance improvements on my server in 1.4.9 so please believe that it is a problem in 1.5 and not on my server.

MySQL analysis shows "There are too many joins without indexes". Not sure if this is the reason.

I hope to see some speed improvement in next version of PS1.5

Edited by premanshu (see edit history)

Disappointed still with PS 1.5.2 on speed perspective. There is no change in the speed. In 1.4.9 my shop use to load within 2.5 sec. Its now increased to 8 sec on testing the speed in country where my server is located. Tried Eaccelerator,APC,Memcached, File system, XCache. None of caching mechanism works.. The shop loads much faster without enabling these. With my server located outside my country the final load time of shop in my country is about 15 sec in PS1.5 with cdn. It used to be not more than 4 sec in PS1.4.9

As I was already using all the performance improvements on my server in 1.4.9 so please believe that it is a problem in 1.5 and not on my server.

MySQL analysis shows "There are too many joins without indexes". Not sure if this is the reason.

It's hard to say why your site is slow, especially when no detail is provided. I think 2.5 sounds slow and my guess is that you are running your database off your web server, which might be stressing your server's resources . Do you have any 3rd party modules running, then it might be worth testing if they are affecting the performance negatively.

Impossible to install 1.5.2

At the end at 29% of install..... Tahts happen

1. Create settings.inc file
  2. Create database tables
  3. Create default shop and languages

An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

Edited by juanw (see edit history)

Impossible to install 1.5.2

At the end at 29% of install..... Tahts happen

1. Create settings.inc file
  2. Create database tables
  3. Create default shop and languages

An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

Did you update your 1-click Upgrade Mod, and what version are you upgrading from?

I have NEVER been able to get the 1-Click Upgrade to work till today, but I went from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 and all went well..

Your other option if you can not get auto update to work is to do a manual upgrade here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Manual+update+%28experts+only%29

Edited by EMPeiTQ (see edit history)

It's hard to say why your site is slow, especially when no detail is provided. I think 2.5 sounds slow and my guess is that you are running your database off your web server, which might be stressing your server's resources . Do you have any 3rd party modules running, then it might be worth testing if they are affecting the performance negatively.

I tried disabling modules still front page is slow. I am using db on same server. Again on the same setup with same modules it was faster in 1.4.9.. Is it just me or other users also facing the speed problems with 1.5??

I tried disabling modules still front page is slow. I am using db on same server. Again on the same setup with same modules it was faster in 1.4.9.. Is it just me or other users also facing the speed problems with 1.5??

I seem to have had a large speed increase going from 1.4.7 to 1.5.1, but I am not seeing anything going slower or faster in 1.5.2

Are you using the default theme? or a custom one? if custom, have you changed to the default to see if it helps?

Also I am sure you have your performance settings set for speed correct? " like force recompile off" & "Cache" on?

Edited by EMPeiTQ (see edit history)

My brief report of 1-click for what it's worth:

Broke my top horizontal menu and couldn't see created items in BO for the menu. They were in SQL and show without titles in the BO. All the other links (CMS) were there, just 2 missing I created.

Couldn't get this to work and obviously a critical part of the site so rolling back for now as I don't have the time to figure it out at the moment as I'm still in build mode. I didn't have any real issues so 1.5.1 was/is fine for me right now and just hoped to stay current all the way through with Presta which is new to my arsenal.

That issue and some messed up custom changes to a single block module (newsletter block) that only worked with core file changes (hook to footer) that I couldn't get back despite reloading the blocks related files and themes CSS edits to make it play nice with other footer items were the only things I noticed. No real explanation for this one.

Good news is rollback works nicely so no cursing and screaming (well, more then normal). :D

try this tutorial. http://www.prestasho...upgraded-store/

I had my store since 1.2.x and got many differences between my store and a fresh install. So many upgrades created a lot of differences. After "matching" the tables many of my speed problems have disappeared.

And don´t forget... backup... backup... backup before doing anything

Edited by oriflameorge (see edit history)

Thanks everyone for the pointers.. I take back my words.. There was a module which was of 1.4.9 and was working perfectly on 1.5.x but it was slowing up the site. I disabled it and the site is back to normal.

Now I am back to 3.5 sec with 936 KB page size and 95 requests.

I am happy with 1.5.2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by premanshu (see edit history)

Benjamin, any idea about 1.4.9.1 release date?

Regards,

Benjamin

Here is a quick rundown of some of the major improvements in 1.5.2

Where the full changelog?

We have also made great strides to improve the 1-Click Upgrade- AutoUpgrade Module.

Why this too much useful AutoUpgrade Module still doesn't included into PS package as a default module?

Hi,

may i know whats version do you use now? i need to deploy stable one...

Hello vynx

I am using 1.4.9 with no issues at all. I am not going to upgrade till I see all these bugs fixed in 1.5 then i will try it on my test site and if it goes good then i will move it to my live but i am going to wait 5 or 6 months before doing this.

Just wanted to let everyone know I set up a test site (an exact duplicate on my server) to try to upgrade to 1.5.2 using the 1 Click Upgrade. It seems to have worked flawlessly and fixed some of the issues I was having with 1.5.1. like only being able to add images to categories in Edit, and images not showing up in modules.

I think I'm going to go for it with my store. Fingers crossed. I'll report back with how it went.

Oh, just for reference, here is what I did to upgrade my test site:

Updated all the modules - 1 Click Update and Import/Export a theme were what needed to be updated for me.

Disabled any modules that weren't native to the PS install.

Disabled Store.

1-Click Update Settings I used:

Backup Files and Database - Yes

Backup My Images - Yes

Server Performance - Low

Disable Non-Native Modules - Yes

Upgrade The Default Theme - Yes (I use a modified version of this that I saved under a different name)

Upgrade The Default Emails - No

Edit: Updated the store to 1.5.2 with the 1-click update and all went well. This is the best the 1-click update has ever worked for me. Usually my store looks like a mess. Everything looks fine using a modified version of the default theme.

A few bugs (at least for me) that I found was:

- Quantity, up/down buttons for quantity, and delete trash can weren't showing up in back office when I went to add an order manually. Fixed it with this:

replace in the file classes/Cart.php at the line 491

$sql->select('0 AS customization_quantity, 0 AS id_customization');

with

$sql->select('NULL AS customization_quantity, NULL AS id_customization');

- Guest Checkout throws an error: "Please agree with the customer data privacy by ticking the checkbox below" There isn't a checkbox to tick!

- Display tax in cart isn't working.

That's all I've come across so far.

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

I'm not sure, but it seems like some your product names are empty - that's why you're getting the errors. It might be separator related. double check your CSV file also.

Thanks for suggestion. I m a newbie for Presta! I solved the problem alr.. well..facing towards another problem now.. :rolleyes: As opening a dress stuff I have to add size on each products.. but I found that one by one work at back office is very slow..! so I choose to use Combination csv import, however I heard people saying that I need to export my products to get Product Id, so that size could match correctly. But where to export products from Presta 1.5.1?

Cheers,

Thanks for the help.

waiting more comment for update to ps 1.5.2. i'm afraid of update from 1.5.1 to ps 1.5.2!! tired to find the bug.hehehehe

I did it and it hasn't been too bad. There have just been these few issues in this thread. Nothing was major so far. I would say it has been more stable than 1.5.1 for me.

Back everything up. Disable any non-native modules, and I would change back to the default theme if you are using something different. Then update. Make sure it's working for you. Then worry about the theme.

waiting more comment for update to ps 1.5.2. i'm afraid of update from 1.5.1 to ps 1.5.2!! tired to find the bug.hehehehe

No sir.. You don't have to.. Even if 1.5.2 would have been a mess, there is nothing worse than 1.5.1.. But honestly 1.5.2 helps me to remember that prestashop is alive and stronger than ever..!!

Hello all, we are working hard to fix the issues as the community reports them in the Forum and in our Forge Bug Tracker. I strongly recommend 1.5.2 over 1.5.1 as we have fixed many outlying issues. I would say with confidence that 1.5.2 is the most stable 1.5 version by far.

As expected with any OS software, issues will arise, I monitor these threads closely to find issues that are recurring and that multiple people have. So many times people scream "Bug!, when it's a specific setting or configuration problem.

However, I can't catch everything, if you know multiple people are having the same issue (on a fresh install primary, but not necessarily) please do not hesitate to let me know. I will do my best to start a resolution process.