Why A virtual product cannot have combinations

Hi,

I would like to have multiple format for individual downloadable product, however there seem have restriction for virtual product to have combinations. :( :( :(

Is any one have alternate solution or method to solve this restriction?

Appreaciated for any advice or comment.

Thanks.

Rye

Hi Tomer,

Look interesting and good, this is paid module? :ph34r: (A bit expensive)

Don't Prestashop have any specify solution that can solve it? Or any alternate way to have multiple option download per product?

Why Prestashop restric or limit the virtual product files?

Tq :unsure:

Hello all, virtual products can not have combinations in PrestaShop by default. You would need to have custom coding or, a more popular option would be to use an already created module, which Tomer has provided links for. Thank you for choosing PrestaShop!

Can you say why this functionality was taken away?

The virtual product option was perfect, as I supply graphic design services, unfortunately now I have to choose the regular product option in order to set up combinations (custom size attributes namely).

This causes the client to have to choose a shipping carrier for a product that is not going to be shipped or picked up in a store. Customers tend to want things simple and not convoluted with phantom shipping.

I really do love this product & would really rather nto have to downgrade to 15.0.9 just to get that functionality back, please re-introduce this in the next update/patch.

• Like 3

yeah, bring it back! as it stated in http://www.prestashop.com/en/milestones-1-5

"We have made selling downloadable products (photos, music, computer files, etc...) easier. You will be able to manage the variations of products and can even create packages of multiple downloadable products. The file upload process is also improved in order to quickly put your products online."

One can only assume it was not complete or buggy, which is why it was taken out.

Considering all the existing bugs / issues with PS 1.5 I'm not surprised it was removed (it's better to have a solid core than too many features with bugs).

Hopefully it will be tested and added back in the future.

If you need a solution in the meanwhile, we have just released a new version of our module with support for PS 1.5, as well as other features (making a product downloadable and physical).

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/104840-batch-downloadable-product-pro-multiple-downloadable-files-per-product-and-attribute-specific/

Thats is true tomer, however this feature (allowing combination for digital product) is pretty important in fact the whole reason i install 1.5 is because i read the blurb about selling digital product easyer and more options in 1.5 as posted ubove. Also As one can see many artist, graphic arts people, photographers, music stores need this option badly, the list goes on for the need for it and even thought your batch module is great I don't think it's what some in this topic need, I think most of us need a module that allows a customer to select different sizes and or format options for a single digital downloadable product, I sell art prints in my store and it is the worst to offer a customer 5 product one for each size or format, a better way to offer that same product would be to use a drop down with different size and or format options from one product. I have seen this done on other websites and it seems to work well. I need this option badly and have been waiting for months and months for eather a solution modification or a custom module, personally i feel that this would be an excellent way to bring more useres to prestashop because many types of businesses use digital products and need a easy deliverable option for there customers that makes sence.

The two attatchments I have added are two different ways it has been done by other websites, personally i like the "suggestion2" image better and would love to see this intergrated in the free version of prestashop 1.5 or something like it.

Thank you!

p.s. I can't hold my breath forever!...maybe it's time to move on.

post-149621-0-74154400-1350922395_thumb.png

post-149621-0-15797600-1350922404_thumb.png

Tjg: Did you look at our module? and at the demo for it? http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/prestashop-modules/69-batch-downloadable-product-pro.html

It offers the following:

1) Different downloadable product per attribute (which we use on our site, when we have a different module version for different version of PS).

You can have 1 product with multiple attributes, and assign a different downloadable product for each.

2) Multiple downloadable file per product (or per combination).

3) Ability to have a product downloadable & physical (include shipping cost).

maybe i miss understood the module, i'll take a look at the demo and see if it will work.

the demo link is not working, i would love to see a working demo of it, if it fits my needs for opotions on downloadable products i will purchase it, i just want to make sure it will do what i need it to first.

it sounds like #1 is what i am looking for. just to clearify thought, what i need is options like in the thumbnails I posted, to give the customer options in size and format each different price, for one product

Question? "Ability to assign multiple downloadable files for 1 product" is this controled via attributes / combinations? if i install this module do i loose the ability to use "Generate combination for those product due to adding them via the module?

Thanks!

Edited by tjg (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Virtual Products function is made to sell services and digital goods.

So if the core system predict it to work it should be done without add-ons. How could it be left behind during programming since the core of service is to glad a client with a large variety of services at once? So, for example, on travel business the client can add secondary service to a main one.

No sense at all take this features from PS 1.5.4

Any idea if it will be release a fix for it?

• 1 month later...

Hi, i made a small mod which adds a ability to have virtual products with combinations on PS 1.5x.

Before any changes make backup!

GUIDE:

1. Download .zip

2. Unzip

3. Copy all files and dirs from prestashop_virtual_mod to your shop root

4. Clear cache (delete cache/class_index.php file)

5. Done

prestashop_virtual_mod.zip

Edited by ircykk (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Tomer-I see a customer is able to select the format for the "Downloadable Attribute" product on your demo page is it possible to also add a size combination attribute to that as well?

One product would have options like below:

Format type-drop down-.jpg,.png.psd

Resolution size-drop down 350x350 to 3500x3500

Edited by T-Bone (see edit history)

The module lets you assign a downloadable file per combination, you can have any many different attributes in a product, and you can assign a downloadable file for each of them (or only for some, in which case the others will be handled as regular shippable products).

Hi,

this is not about the mod, but the purpose of this post is to throw my weight behind the idea of allowing combinations for virtual product.

Currently, I'm selling a training package that takes place at different place but selling them at the same selling price. For that scenario, I have to create 2 of the same virtual product but with different location.

Henry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

this is not about the mod, but the purpose of this post is to throw my weight behind the idea of allowing combinations for virtual product.

Currently, I'm selling a training package that takes place at different place but selling them at the same selling price. For that scenario, I have to create 2 of the same virtual product but with different location.

Henry

i sell prestashop themes, with that feature i can create 1 product and sell the theme for all the version in different color combination. so instead of having 20 product to manage i have only 1...of course in your case is not neccessary

• 1 month later...

Hi, i made a small mod which adds a ability to have virtual products with combinations on PS 1.5x.

GUIDE:

1. Download .zip

2. Unzip

5. Done

That mod really saved my day, thx :)

GUIDE:

1. Download .zip

2. Unzip

5. Done

Thanks a lot !!! This mod was very helpful

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I downloaded the mod and tested it on v1.5.6.0. It works, which means - helps to this mod it is possible for a virtual product to have different combinations.

Could someone explain now, how I can associate different files for a virtual product depending on the combination.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The module lets you assign a downloadable file per combination, you can have any many different attributes in a product, and you can assign a downloadable file for each of them (or only for some, in which case the others will be handled as regular shippable products).

How does the module let you assign a downloadable file per combination? I can't!!! Please help!

How does the module let you assign a downloadable file per combination? I can't!!! Please help!

The default PrestaShop module does NOT allow you to have combinations on downloadable products. 

Read through the thread and click on the links, you'll find a third party module that can have this functionality. 

The default PrestaShop module does NOT allow you to have combinations on downloadable products. 

Read through the thread and click on the links, you'll find a third party module that can have this functionality. 

Hi,

I downloaded the mod and installed it. I found how a virtual product can have different combinations, but  I can´t associate different files for a virtual product depending on the combination.

Sorry for my english =S and thanks!

Hi,

I downloaded the mod and installed it. I found how a virtual product can have different combinations, but  I can´t associate different files for a virtual product depending on the combination.

Sorry for my english =S and thanks!

Hi, in this case, please contact the developer of the module you downloaded for any support. 

• 1 month later...