tomerg3

Batch Downloadable Product Pro - Multiple downloadable files per product and attribute specific

Need to assign multilple downloadable files for each attribute combination in a single product?

Need to use multiple files for one downloadable product?

Need to make many products downloadable?

Need to use product attachments?

Need to use large files and not get timeouts when uploading?

This module lets you easily upload files (using FTP or any other method) directly to your server and assign them to your products all at once.

Tested on PS 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6.x

Demo: http://demo.presto-changeo.com/batchdownloadableproductpro/index.php?id_category=3&controller=category

Available at http://www.presto-ch...roduct-pro.html

V1.1 Released
* Ability to assign multiple downloadable files for 1 product
* Added upgrade notification.

V1.1.1 released
* Fix for shipping cost on regular products (was not being applied).

V1.2 released
* Support for PS 1.5
* Ability to have a product downloadable & physical (include shipping rates).
* Ability to edit and download assigned files from the configuration page.
* Ability to set default values for downloadable options.

V1.2.1 released
* Fixed a bug with virtual product email (PS 1.5.2+)

V1.2.2 released
* Fix for inserting download hash and download deadline in PS 1.5.4.0

V1.2.3 released
* Fix for sending 2 emails with virtual products (Prestashop 1.5.4.1)

V1.3 released
* Added "Virtual Product" display to orders page, with ability to see and change the number of downloads and expiration date.

V1.3.1 released
* Fix for MySQL version conflict (PS 1.4. & PS 1.5)
* Fix for total available number of downloads in PS 1.4 & PS 1.5
* Fix for download link in FO (PS 1.4 & PS 1.5)
* Added file verification in module configuration page

V1.3.2 released

* Fix for sending virtual email when is_shippable option was on (PrestaShop 1.5)

V1.3.3 released
* Added verification to installation instructions
* Fixed an issue which was causing the downloadable files to reset when saving a product in PrestaShop 1.5.6

v1.3.4 released

* Fix to Insert Attachement Name in all enabled language

v1.4 released

* Added support for PrestaShop 1.6

v1.4.1 released
* Fix for PDF invoice attachment for orders with state Payment Accepted (PrestaShop 1.6)

V1.4.2 released
* Fix for back office Ajax requests bug affecting some servers
* Added support for PrestaShop 1.6.1

43447_NqVMoNWff9wdlPijLceR_t

post-20153-0-86142100-1400016356_thumb.png

post-20153-0-08981700-1400016361_thumb.png

post-20153-0-34129000-1400016367_thumb.png

post-20153-0-69438100-1400016371_thumb.png

Is it possible to have these files used by other products?
Such as with a CD:
CD files:
/upload/Song 1.mp3
/upload/Song 2.mp3

Song 1:
/upload/Song 1.mp3

Song 2:
/upload/Song 2.mp3

No, you cannot, every product (or attributes) gets assign a different file.

Hello, I'm interested in your module, I'm doing a licences business on my store. Can I make just one product and give a different serial number each time when I sell one? Is it possible with your module?

V1.0.1 released

* Fix for downloadable email (was not being sent).

* Fix for file attachment.

* Better compatibility with product name auto-complete in the configuration page.

Just want to be sure about something because I've read about so many modules today that I've got everything confused.

Most of my downloadable products are too large to be put into one zip file so I divide them into two or more zips. A person buys one product. With this mod, will they have access to all two or three zips for that particular product?

No, this module is to be used with attributes, assigning 1 file for each different attribute combination.

It is not meant to assign multiple files to 1 product and have all of them downloadable.

Crap... I can't seem to find any other module that will work like that... looks like no presta shop for me. :(

You can have one developed for you, or done a a customization (which is quicker / cheaper).

You can have one developed for you, or done a a customization (which is quicker / cheaper).

Sorry to bother you again but I'm a complete newbie. How would I go about getting a customization?

Sorry to bother you again but I'm a complete newbie. How would I go about getting a customization?

I've been in contact with TrueMedia about this, but I've been waiting for PS 1.5 to get the work started.

This weekend I'm going to contact him again about creating new modules/customizing PS for this.

I have a list of people who are interested in having multiple files per product and some other download type of addons, so if you are interested, please post here so I know you're interested, and I'll get in contact with you soon:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/120590-multiple-download-files-per-product-download-files-in-pack/page__p__114591#entry114591

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/119427-change-how-digital-products-work/page__p__113499#entry113499

And for your uploading error, you can upload through FTP, because using PS uses the server's processing resources, so it only allows you to upload files of a certain size. Here's how to use FTP:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/20074-upload-digital-products-via-ftp-walkthrough/

I would like to use this module to create different versions of a product - some with a downloadable file, and others without. Is it possible for some of the combinations to NOT have a downloadable file?

V1.1.1 released

* Fix for shipping cost on regular products (was not being applied).

Hello Tomerg3,

Can you please explain how you created this with detailed steps/? I bought Batch Download Pro module, but don't know how to configure it as you created a test product like you said here..

" I created this demo product http://1417bdpp.pres...p?id_product=12 which has 2 combinations, one downloadable and one the ships normally.. "

I look forward to your detailed revert soon.

Thanks,

Venki. N

Hi Venki,

First, you want to create some attributes to use, and add the to the product you want to use (in the example I added 2 combinations to the product).

Then, in the configuration page of the module, you can assign a downloadable file, and select the attribute you want it to be connected to.

Any attributes that you do not assign a file for, will be handled as a normal product.

I can attach a screenshot if you need it, just let me know of which page.

Hello Tomerg3,

Thanks for your quick revert. But, still i couldn't able to understand..

First, you want to create some attributes to use, and add the to the product you want to use (in the example I added 2 combinations to the product). - May i know what kind of attribute i need to create? Can you please explain those with screenshot?

Thanks,

Venki. N

Attributes are a part of Prestashop, you can read about them in details in the documentation page http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/User+Guide

In short, you create them in Catalog->Attributes and Groups, and then assign them to a product in the product editor (combination page.

For the demo product it looks like http://screencast.com/t/jhmUfoFw

yes mate.. doing it right now..

So i have added attributes and on the module configuration tab.. i uploaded 1 file to server and shows the in the list and i choose the product.. Upon choosing that product it shows the list of attributes which i created before( Downlload file, send by email). So i;ve chosen Download file and updated..

Is there anything else i need to do for "Send by email" option?

Thanks,

Venki. N

Mail, not Email :)

No, you don't need to do anything for it, if you did not attach a file to it, then it will be considered a regular product

lets say I create Product A which is downloadable. You can download a file called Version1.txt . So after 2 months want to upload a new version , lets say "Version 1.1.txt". Wil the customer be able to download the updated version ?

The module has no affect over that, it will depend on the setting you choose when you assign the file (you can define how long it should be available), just like when uploading a file from the product page.

The module has no affect over that, it will depend on the setting you choose when you assign the file (you can define how long it should be available), just like when uploading a file from the product page.

yes but this doesn't help me to update my software. I found a workaround by replacing the file in the ftp, with the same name. But its a bit ugly

I think you misunderstood

Assuming you set the download to never expire, or expire in 60 days, if you assign a new downloadable file from the module to the same product, the new file will be available for anyone who already bought the product.

V1.2 released

* Support for PS 1.5

* Ability to have a product downloadable & physical (include shipping rates).

* Ability to edit and download assigned files from the configuration page.

* Ability to set default values for downloadable options.

V1.2.1 released

* Fixed a bug with virtual product email (PS 1.5.2+)

V1.2.2 released

* Fix for inserting download hash and download deadline in PS 1.5.4.0

V1.2.3 released

* Fix for sending 2 emails with virtual products (Prestashop 1.5.4.1)

V1.3 released
* Added "Virtual Product" display to orders page, with ability to see and change the number of downloads and expiration date.
* Price increase

I upgraded my store to version 1.5.6.0 and module stopped working. How should I repair or update the module?

219_15_10_2013_18.10.26_1.jpg

V1.3.1 released
* Fix for MySQL version conflict (PS 1.4. & PS 1.5)
* Fix for total available number of downloads in PS 1.4 & PS 1.5
* Fix for download link in FO (PS 1.4 & PS 1.5)
* Added file verification in module configuration page

V1.3.2 released

* Fix for sending virtual email when is_shippable option was on (PrestaShop 1.5)

V1.3.3 released
* Added verification to installation instructions
* Fixed an issue which was causing the downloadable files to reset when saving a product in PrestaShop 1.5.6

HI There,

This module looks like the one i need however i just want to confirm it does everything i need before purchasing.

All of my products, 15+,  are all multiple file downloads.  Will this cause any issues?

All of my products overall sizes are large, with some individual parts of a product being 1GB or more will this cause an issue? (most products are 3GB in total and above)

All of my products will be limited to the purchaser downloading 3 times, is this an issue?

Many thanks,

Mark

Also can you please explain how to upload large files via FTP, as in where do i upload the files too? I cant find any info on this anywhere lol

Hi Mark,

1) Not a problem, the module was designed to allow multiple files per product.

2) You may need to have a good amount of Ram on the server, as Prestashop requires it for large files. the added functionality our module provides should not have any issues.

3) When using multiple download files per product, the download limit applies to all of them,so if you want to offer 3 downloads, you would need to enter 3 * number of files.

Ok thanks for your replies, they are very helpful and it looks like this moduule does what i need.

What do you mean by "regular" version of the module?

thanks

Mark

We have a non pro version of the module, which only lets you upload files via FTP, but not assign multiple files per product, or per attribute.

As for the other module, I cannot tell you as I have never used it.

You can do some research about the developer, and on us, and decide for yourself ;)

Hey,

I have purchased and am just wauiting on you to manually approve my CC payment.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Ok I have installed the module bnut i am getting a weird message and i have no idea how to resolve the issues it says i have.

AND its now askign me to copy loads of code from somewhere to somewhere, I didnt expect all of this grief, can you pleae help me with this as i am not versed in ANY coding whatsoever.

thanks

Mark

• Downloadable products with attributes can only be added / viewed / deleted from this page (They won't show up in the product editor).

• If you have made changes in those files on your server, copy only the lines listed below from the files in /modules/batchdownloadableproductpro/modified_1.5 to the corresponding local files.

• The filenames below will appear in RED until you make the necessary changes, if the changes were made correctly, they will turn GREEN after you reload the page.

• Copy the 6 modified files from:

/modules/batchdownloadableproductpro/override1.5/classes/Cart.php  to  /override/classes/
    /modules/batchdownloadableproductpro/override1.5/classes/PaymentModule.php  to  /override/classes/
    /modules/batchdownloadableproductpro/override1.5/classes/ProductDownload.php  to  /override/classes/
    /modules/batchdownloadableproductpro/override1.5/classes/order/Order.php  to  /override/classes/order/
    /modules/batchdownloadableproductpro/override1.5/classes/order/OrderDetail.php  to  /override/classes/order/
    /modules/batchdownloadableproductpro/override1.5/classes/order/OrderHistory.php  to  /override/classes/order/

• To display multiple downloadable files for 1 product in the order history page, you will have to make the following change to /themes/default/order-detail.tpl

/themes/default/order-detail.tpl - Lines #252-269

How to merge the file order-detail.tpl:    Example

• Make sure to turn on force recompile (Preferences->Performance) after changing the tpl files, when you see the module is working correctly, you can turn it back to off.

• Make sure to clear the cache in Advanced Parameteres->Performance->Clear Smarty cache & Autoload cache.

v1.3.4 released

* Fix to Insert Attachement Name in all enabled language

Hi there,

I'm new to Prestashop and just installed both 1.5 and 1.6 beta to have a play around with. I am interested in your module as I think it might work for my use case. Perhaps you could answer some questions.

I am proposing to use Prestashop for a photography website. I would like it to work like this... We have photographers out around tourist areas, they take photos of people and give them a flyer with a web address written on it. We create a product on the site which is not visible (i.e. so only the person we have given the url to will be able to access it), the product will have to be based on the filename of the image so we can let the customer know the url before we actually create the product. Once we have setup the product the customer will be able to access the page and purchase the product as a digital download.

Now this is where I imagine your module will come in - I would like to be able to offer the following;

1. For each product offer several different variations with a different file (i.e. they can buy a low-res image for say £1 but if they wanted a high-res printable image it would be £3)
  2. I would like to offer the option of buying the image as a print with various options (i.e. 6x4" print, 7x5" print, 6x4" framed print, 7x5" framed print). I want to be able to do this with the same product page as the downloadable option to save having to create 2 separate products in the backend.
  3. I want to be able to offer downloadable product packs - I don't believe this is possible with Prestshop but can it be done with your module?
  4. Can I upload files via ftp and then create the products in bulk via csv file - I envisage taking a lot of images (perhaps 100+ per day) and to create all of those products, add the download files, preview images etc will take a long time - especially as I'll already need to post process all of the images to re-size, add watermarks etc.

I am hoping to use Prestashop with maybe a couple of modules but want it to be as simple as possible, otherwise I may as well go for a paid for photography specific script (which I don't really want to do as quite expensive and not many around).

Thanks in advance

Edited by recedo (see edit history)

Our module lets you use virtual products with combinations, so each attribute combination can have a different price (this is a Prestashop functionality), and using our module, you could assign a different downloadable file for each combination.

You can upload multiple files using FTP, and assign them to products in bulk.

You cannot use the module for Pack, as Prestashop down not support it.

Our module does not affect the way Prestashop handles the download part of virtual products.

Hi, 

this module works with prestashop 1.6?

thanks

Emiliano

No, not yet.

We will have a new version released in the next few weeks.

Hello, does this module has the ability to sell a product with the option for download OR physical? (I need this option in the same product). 

If so, can I add customization text only for the physical product?

This module looks great. Thank you. 

The module allows you to assign downloadable products by product combination.

If you have a product with 2 attributes and you assign a downloadable file for combination A, if the customer selects combination B, the product will be shippable.

The module has nothing to do with customization test, or when / how you decide to use or apply it.

You can have multiple files per combination.

Hello tomerg3, I bought the module. I can't find any tutorial inside it. Just the initial message that says that I have to copy some files to other folder, and also I've to change the code for one file. Do you have an extended explanation on how to do that?

I can't figure how to change the code with the example image. 

I thought It would be useful to post here some solutions, just in case other costumers have the same questions. I'm getting other errors testing the module. I've sent a message thought the contact form, also. 

Thank you for your quick response.

Any updates on when the 1.6 compatible version will be out for the Batch Downloadable Product Pro module? 

same question here, ETA would be much appreciated, thanks

Hello,

Does this module work with "packs of products "?

Thanks

Regards

The module does not have any affect on Packs.

As far as I know, PrestaShop does not support downloadable files for Packs, if I'm wrong, or if they will add it in the future, our module should have no problems working with it too.

The module does not have any affect on Packs.

As far as I know, PrestaShop does not support downloadable files for Packs, if I'm wrong, or if they will add it in the future, our module should have no problems working with it too.

Ok, thanks for the answer.

If I good anderstand, if I want use your module with products it's not possible ?

Just one question. When I delete one product, does the module delete also the associated downloadable file?

No, it doesn't.

You would have to deleted the files from our module (where you can enter a product name or ID and view /download / delete files

hi,

your module do it????

client A buy product A receive Files A

client B buy product A receive Files B

client C buy product A receive Files C

client D buy product B receive Files D

Regards

Maurizio

v1.4.1 released

* Fix for PDF invoice attachment for orders with state Payment Accepted (PrestaShop 1.6)

V1.4.2 released

* Fix for back office Ajax requests bug affecting some servers

* Added support for PrestaShop 1.6.1