non-existing product added to orders!

That is really weird, as long as the product is disabled or deleted, should not be able to proceed to checkout.

Following errors should be displayed:

There is 1 error :

• An item in your cart is no longer available for this quantity, you cannot proceed with your order.

Are you using any 3rd party check out related module that will create orders?

thanks for the replies. Shacker - it isn't there on the front office.

Shokinro - no error message appears while shopping. We use paypal, if this is what you mean... (however, it happens also while using the money transfer option...)

we tested it ourselves - made an order with a newly created "customer" - we didn't add that specific product to the cart, yet it appeared on the confirmation email.

Edited by chanart (see edit history)

I have something similar happening in 1.4.9 (submitted a bug report a few minutes ago). The first one to three products on any order are pieces the customer didn't order. If we look at the order that gets emailed to us, those products are there, but if you add up the order on a calculator, the prices of the first one to three products have not been added to the total. When you go to the BO and look at the Invoice, the unordered products are there, but the total is correct. Just wanted to let you know that it may be a general bug of some kind. I'll see what the developers say and post it.

@rturner, thanks for sharing the information.

that's really weird. do you know how to reproduce it in a specific pattern?

I'm working on it.

So far I checked every single order prior to the 1.4.9 upgrade and they are perfect. Of the 4 orders I shipped after that, every one showed a totals discrepancy on the order that gets emailed. The invoice in the BO is fine. Checking discrepancies, every emailed order showed the "correct" numbers of products, but the total was missing the exact price of the first item. Then today a customer called who placed a large order and said that she didn't order the first three items and wanted to return them. When I checked the emailed copy of the order that came to me, the order total was as if the first *3* items weren't added in, even though they appeared in the email.

So, I'm thinking, customer browser problem. I placed test orders from the 4 browsers that I have here. Every single one came in perfectly fine! I can't duplicate the errors! At this point I want to order exactly what the large order person ordered and see if there's a problem. Then I want to place carbon copy orders into a shopping cart, go to checkout, and then delete the first product. I'll see if the deleted product shows up in the final order. I'd also like to try it with something like IE5, if I can find a copy around.

If it's a deleted item ghost, then at least I'm on the same track as the OP, and we have a pattern to examine.

you try with old IE version?

No, and that is a prime suspect. In general, my customers tend to be computer illiterate, keep the OS and browser that came on their computers. I could easily see that being the problem. I have to figure out how to stick say, IE 4 on one of my computers. But it sounds like the original poster, Chanart, has the problem with *any* browser.

• 1 year later...

hi all. 

was this ever solved? 

i am using 1.5.3.1 and am seeing ghost items appear randomly. this happens on every order and sometimes it is one ghost item, other times 2 or 3. one ghost item is ALWAYS added and the other times a second or 3rd can be added.

i have tested with chrome only.

this is driving me crazy! 

any help? it's been over a year since the last post on this thread :(

thanks,

jez...

• 1 year later...

This is due to a wrong manipulation into database. You should use the module PrestaCleaner to clean-up your database. But use it carefully, cause with this module you can erase the complete database too...

Before you use it, make a database back.-up with phpMyAdmin or on back-office TAB "advanced parameters -> DB back-up".

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)