PayPal Module 3.0.5 - Lots of problems

TWDesign

I am using PS vers 1.4.7.3

Previously had installed PayPal Module 2.8.5.

I could never get this module to work.

My default currency is Japanese Yen (a non-decimal currency).

It would take the customer to the PayPal page, they would input their credit

card details but they would be returned to my store with Payment Failure errors:

1. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item total is invalid.
  2. L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Tax total is invalid.
  3. L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
  4. L_LONGMESSAGE3 -> Item amount is invalid.

So I installed the new version of PayPal Module 3.0.5

What happens now is that:

1. When the click on PayPal on the Choose Your Payment Method page, rather than go to my shop page where the customer confirms what they are doing (other payment methods do this), INSTEAD it goes straight over to the PayPal site. When I hover over the PayPal option it says in the bottom left of my browser window javascript:onclick($('#paypal_express_checkout_form).submit())

So it appears that the PayPal module thinks the customer want to use PayPal express, BUT I didnt configure that. See below.

2. I entered my PayPal API username, API password and API signature.

However, the PayPal page doesnt seem to recognize them.

It just shows the Store email address NOT my PayPal business account name.

3. The options on the PayPal page are 'Have a PayPal account' and 'Create a PayPal account'.

What happened to customers being able to pay by credit card WITHOUT a PayPal account?

4. The PayPal page DOESN'T contain any of the customer name and address information.

It is supposed to be given to PayPal from the Shopping Cart, is it not?

Very frustrating.

The setup options I have used are as follows:

1. Choose Website Payments Standard

2. Sign up for Free Paypal business account (already have one)

3. API username, password , signature - all copy and pasted from previous settings

(in fact I clicked again on the "Get My API credentials" to make sure they are unchanged) - they are.

Express Checkout Shortcut - No

Use a sandbox - Live mode (recommended)

Payment type - Direct sales (recommended)

Edited by TWDesign (see edit history)

Ok, it seems that express is the only method supported by the new module. I know it gives an option, but if you look in the code there really is not one.

By any chance do you have disable decimal display selected under the yen currency, it needs to be and will throw an error if not.

Ok, it seems that express is the only method supported by the new module. I know it gives an option, but if you look in the code there really is not one.

By any chance do you have disable decimal display selected under the yen currency, it needs to be and will throw an error if not.

If so, that is ridiculous.

But still there are the other issues. Why doesn't it recognize my PayPal business account details?

Have you tried rounding all the values being sent to Paypal (i.e. total, tax, shipping etc.).

I assume you are talking about the old PayPal module version.

Yes, believe me I have gone through all the files in the PayPal module and changed anything

with Rounding 2 down to Rounding zero.

It still shows

3. L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Also in the Cart.php class file and overides I have made the same adjustment.

I know this might sound stupid also, but when you upgraded modules did you paste your api details in or were they recognized automatically? (Like from your browser remembering form details) The reason I ask, is once I copied and pasted some api details and it picked up an extra character from some where. I tried to figure it out for days. I eventually hand typed it and everything was kosher.

I have a test shop set up that I changed over to yen and tried with my paypal api and everything worked fine. If you want the login and pass to see what settings I have, I can pm them to you.

I know this might sound stupid also, but when you upgraded modules did you paste your api details in or were they recognized automatically? (Like from your browser remembering form details) The reason I ask, is once I copied and pasted some api details and it picked up an extra character from some where. I tried to figure it out for days. I eventually hand typed it and everything was kosher.

I have a test shop set up that I changed over to yen and tried with my paypal api and everything worked fine. If you want the login and pass to see what settings I have, I can pm them to you.

Yes, that might help a lot. Could you PM your settings to me?

AND does your Yen shop display zero decimals? Because that was part of the original problem. Rounding errors.

AND are you using the latest PayPal module 3.05 on your test shop?

I will double check the API details

A public shoutout to DesignHaus42 for all the help!

They have also installed the PayPal 3.05 module on PrestaShop 1.4.7.3 and appears that they are getting exactly the same results i.e.

1) there is no intermediate confirmation page ("you are about to pay via PayPal etc..")

2) the PayPal page insists on the user either opening a PayPal account or using an existing PayPal account.

The whole POINT of having a PayPal business account is to take credit cards directly, so customers dont need to do this.

So I went ahead with payment using my other (private) PayPal account anyway.

Here is what happened.

The payment went through (I was charged) and it even returned me to the store where it said

Your order on Test Shop is complete.

You have chosen the PayPal method.

Your order will be sent very soon.

but the order wasn't successful in the store BO.

The order was flagged as "PayPal Error".

Reason according to the logs "Price payed on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop"

Total of the transaction (taxes incl.) : 248.64¥

Total my PayPal account was charge 249 yen.

Logs message "Warning: ¥249 paid instead of ¥249 !"

So it would APPEAR that the module STILL hasnt come to grips with non-decimal currencies like Japanese yen.

How disappointing.

With regards to your customers not having the option to just pay with their cards, I had this problem as well.

In the end it turned out that I had not 'confirmed' my business email, the one I entered when I upgraded to a business account not just my primary email. under profile > my business details > email.

Also make sure you have 'PayPal Account Optional' turned on, under profile > selling preferences > Website Payment Preferences.

Doing both of these fixed the problem of being forced to create a PayPal account.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Wynn (see edit history)
  • Like 1

With regards to your customers not having the option to just pay with their cards, I had this problem as well.

In the end it turned out that I had not 'confirmed' my business email, the one I entered when I upgraded to a business account not just my primary email. under profile > my business details > email.

Also make sure you have 'PayPal Account Optional' turned on, under profile > selling preferences > Website Payment Preferences.

Doing both of these fixed the problem of being forced to create a PayPal account.

Hope this helps.

Hi Wynn

Yeah, PayPal Account Optional is On.

and I confirmed my business email when I set it up ages ago.

Actually, I just invoiced somebody recently and I accepted their credit card payment OK (not through PrestaShop obviously).

Hi everybody,

PayPal version 3.0.5 is not a finished product yet. It has been developed for version 1.5, which is not yet approved for a live shop. For that reason, this module will not work on your site. The latest version of the PayPal module you can currently use on a live site is v2.8.7.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit.

-Mike

Hi everybody,

PayPal version 3.0.5 is not a finished product yet. It has been developed for version 1.5, which is not yet approved for a live shop. For that reason, this module will not work on your site. The latest version of the PayPal module you can currently use on a live site is v2.8.7.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit.

-Mike

PrestaShop has really screwed the pooch on this one.

There is NOTHING on the PayPal Modules site to indicate this is a development version

http://addons.presta...748-paypal.html

AND in fact it even says that it is compatible with vers 1.4

Compatibility

PrestaShop v1.4 - v1.5

Paypal for PrestaShop - This module is offered by PayPal, it is already integrated into version 1.4 of PrestaShop. Download it for free for version 1.3.

So where can we download Module version 2.8.7 then?

• Like 3

I have paypal v3.0.5 installed and it is the only option I can find. Where can I download the version that is currently compatible with prestashop 1.4 I have customers with carts waiting to check out.

The error message I am getting at the top of the modules page says:

warn2.pngThere is 1 warning hide warning

• Paypal - You are currently using the default PayPal e-mail address, please enter your own e-mail address.

There is NOWHERE for me to do this. I have already entered all my API information.

Not good enough Prestashop!

Edited by milbosbibs (see edit history)

Hello,

I've installed the new PayPal module V3.0.6 and some errors ocure. Much more, I received email from PayPal regarding IPN (Instant Payment Notifications).

I updated the PS to 1.4.8.2 and the PayPal module too, with the V3.0.6.

The errors are:

1. Price payed on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop (Status - Payment Error)
  2. Some of the orders doesn't apear in Back Office, I don't receive new order email (the customer doesn't receive it also), but the payment was received in PayPal account. After I change the status to Payment Accepted, the customer receive the email, and the order becomes visible in Back Office orders.
  3. I head received emails from PayPal regarding the IPN... "Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.mysite.com/modules/paypal/ipn.php"
  4. Noticed that emails for new orders arrives with a delay of 1 hour or so.

Any help will be very appreciated :)

If I come out with a solution, I'll wrote it here.

Edited by logan1ro (see edit history)

Hi everybody,

I brought this up with our development team, and overnight they released v3.0.6 on the Addons store, which should be fully compatible with v1.4. Please give that one a try and let us know if that works any better for you. Alternatively, you can try using v2.8.7, which I have attached for you below.

paypal.zip

I hope this helps.

-Mike

I have paypal v3.0.5 installed and it is the only option I can find. Where can I download the version that is currently compatible with prestashop 1.4 I have customers with carts waiting to check out.

The error message I am getting at the top of the modules page says:

warn2.pngThere is 1 warning hide warning

• Paypal - You are currently using the default PayPal e-mail address, please enter your own e-mail address.

There is NOWHERE for me to do this. I have already entered all my API information.

Not good enough Prestashop!

Hi milbo,

Can you please post a screenshot of your PayPal configuration where you are receiving this error?

-Mike

• Like 2

Hi milbosbibs,

This bug (about your credentials) is now corrected in 3.0.6, it was just an alert, it was not causing any problem with your payments or anything else (just a warning).

It was due to the fact that the PayPal Integral Evolution business email was empty.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi TWDesign,

Like DesignHaus42 said, the PayPal Web Payment Standard have been replaced by the new PayPal Express Checkout. For most of e-merchant it is not visible. You can only see it by analysing links or code.

Sorry if it appear to be ridiculous but PayPal recommend recommended to do that because the Web Payment Standard is not secure enough.

I will try to reproduce the issue about decimals (I didn't saw that before).

Thank you.

The main problem I think people are having is the changing things. The standard method might not be as secure, so take it out. But you reduced the functionality of the plugin. Can you bring the functionality back? You can if you utilize the SOLUTIONTYPE, so why haven't you?

• Like 1

The main problem I think people are having is the changing things. The standard method might not be as secure, so take it out. But you reduced the functionality of the plugin. Can you bring the functionality back? You can if you utilize the SOLUTIONTYPE, so why haven't you?

I totally agree with you Designhaus42! What I am wondering if the standard business account is not secure then why do so many other top sites use this?

DesignHaus42, clayton29657,

I Understand what you say, but the fact is that PayPal is one of our biggest partners and the module has been redesign like PayPal want it to be. They asked us to change the payment process so we did (PayPal say the Express Checkout is more secure, I don't know the exact reason).

If you look in details, we did not reduced the functionality. We just "merge" two payments processes and added a new one (Integral Evolution).

The module is now including 25 translations, and now takes care of the country of your shop to display the correct cards logos.

Payments methods are now adapted to the country of the shop, so you could have some payments methods working in some country and not in others.

I think the changes are not as bad as it could appear, actually it is more secure than it was. We are working hard to correct the last bugs and I hope it will be better as soon as possible.

I hope it will help ...

Edited by fGaillard (see edit history)

I Understand what you say, but the fact is that PayPal is one of our biggest partners and the module has been redesign like PayPal want it to be. They asked us to change the payment process so we did (PayPal say the Express Checkout is more secure, I don't know the exact reason).

If you look in details, we did not reduced the functionality. We just "merge" two payments processes and added a new one (Integral Evolution).

The module is now including 25 translations, and now takes care of the country of your shop to display the correct cards logos.

Payments methods are now adapted to the country of the shop, so you could have some payments methods working in some country and not in others.

I think the changes are not as bad as it could appear, actually it is more secure than it was. We are working hard to correct the last bugs and I hope it will be better as soon as possible.

I hope it will help ...

Thanks for your reply FGaillard but when I spoke with Paypal yesterday they told me in their merchant department that they have never heard of such of changing things?

I can understand why you switched over to using the paypal express, that is not the problem. Read these

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7689640/paypal-express-checkout-pay-without-account

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/developer/PP_ExpressCheckout_AdvancedFeaturesGuide.pdf

page 34-35

I do not think anyone really cares that you are using express, I think it is the you implimented express and did not take advantage of all of the features.

Let me ask directly just to clear up any confusion. Did paypal ask you to make the module where it forces people to get a paypal account to checkout? And did they ask you to make it where it no longer passes the graphic logo to their checkout page?

I can understand why you switched over to using the paypal express, that is not the problem. Read these

http://stackoverflow...without-account

https://cms.paypal.c...aturesGuide.pdf

page 34-35

I do not think anyone really cares that you are using express, I think it is the you implimented express and did not take advantage of all of the features.

Let me ask directly just to clear up any confusion. Did paypal ask you to make the module where it forces people to get a paypal account to checkout? And did they ask you to make it where it no longer passes the graphic logo to their checkout page?

That's exactly my point thank you Designhaus42

Ok, I understand, sorry,

Of course. I am agree with you.

These thing haven't been done yet and I hope we will do implement it that asap ...

If you are interested in, I could send you both the new versions as soon as they are available to try it and give me feedbacks ?

Thanx

Ok, I understand, sorry,

Of course. I am agree with you.

These thing haven't been done yet and I hope we will do implement it that asap ...

If you are interested in, I could send you both the new versions as soon as they are available to try it and give me feedbacks ?

Thanx

Hello FGaillard,

Thank you that would be great if you could send to us when it's ready at least I am speaking for myself anyways but I am sure the many folks who also use this as well will want it also.

Thank you for clearing some much needed questions as there was so many things we have heard regarding this module. To be honest it confused so many :)

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

So let me get this straight.

If we use the OLD PayPal Module 2.8.x then customers can complete the checkout using their credit cards, WITHOUT creating a PayPal account.

If we use the NEW PayPal Module 3.0.x then customers MUST create a PayPal account to pay by Credit Card.

Is that correct?

If so, then frankly I am speechless.

That simple change means one thing - LOST MONEY FOR MERCHANTS through higher cart abandonment.

It also means that I am NOT able to upgrade to a newer version of PrestaShop if PayPal Module 2.8.x is incompatible.

If it is true and merchants cannot provide customers a convenient way to use credit cards to pay for goods via PayPal, I am afraid I don't see myself using PrestaShop much longer in the future.

PayPal is a critical payment module especially since in the country where I do business, other gateways like Authorize.net are simply not available.

I would like to see more official comment on this issue from the Prestashop team.

• Like 1

I am using PayPal module v3.06. and customers do not need to create a PayPal account.

I had this problem at first, but as I posted earlier, adding and confirming my stores email within Paypal account settings solved my problem.

I am using PayPal module v3.06. and customers do not need to create a PayPal account.

I had this problem at first, but as I posted earlier, adding and confirming my stores email within Paypal account settings solved my problem.

Thanks Wynn.

I don't care what it's called or what method they use but PrestaShop needs

to provide merchants with some means to take credit card payments WITHOUT

forcing customers to open a PayPal account. That's just crazy.

So let me get this straight.

If we use the OLD PayPal Module 2.8.x then customers can complete the checkout using their credit cards, WITHOUT creating a PayPal account.

If we use the NEW PayPal Module 3.0.x then customers MUST create a PayPal account to pay by Credit Card.

Is that correct?

If so, then frankly I am speechless.

That simple change means one thing - LOST MONEY FOR MERCHANTS through higher cart abandonment.

It is actually pretty simple. PayPal is a partner. For every PayPal account created PrestaShop gets a cut. "Payment processor told us to do it that way" seems to be a common excuse. Maybe someone will make a decent free module for PayPal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

after going through a lot of headache with the PayPal module (no sandbox mode, chmod permissions OK ... Module still not functioning, internal errors and/or blank pages at checkout ... deleting module in order to install the latest version 3.02 ... learning that it's not made for prestashop 1.4, arghhh ...) I did the following in order to avoid deleting the whole prestashop sh.. and get my shop started for the moment without smashing my head against a wall:

- I deleted the 3.02 module and uploaded the original PayPal files included in the Prestashop download via ftp in order to be able to downgrade my version again as I couldn't figure out how to get an older version of the module by other means (Are there any??)

- I the went to my PayPal account on PayPal.com and enabled express checkout there under 'Accept payments from your online stores before setting up APIs' on the same page where you can get your API signature (profile/selling options/API...). I deleted the API information on the 'settings' tab of the prestashop PayPal module. At least my customers can now pay their orders being redirected to the PayPal site, with my logo still visible and also with the possibility to pay via credit card without having a PayPal account.

No idea if this helps you guys out there, but as for me I've lost too much time and patience with that crap module already.

For the moment I keep waiting for new answers to that problem and, oh yes, selling... What are the dangers and/or disadvantages of my solution?

Hi,

after going through a lot of headache with the PayPal module (no sandbox mode, chmod permissions OK ... Module still not functioning, internal errors and/or blank pages at checkout ... deleting module in order to install the latest version 3.02 ... learning that it's not made for prestashop 1.4, arghhh ...) I did the following in order to avoid deleting the whole prestashop sh.. and get my shop started for the moment without smashing my head against a wall:

- I deleted the 3.02 module and uploaded the original PayPal files included in the Prestashop download via ftp in order to be able to downgrade my version again as I couldn't figure out how to get an older version of the module by other means (Are there any??)

- I the went to my PayPal account on PayPal.com and enabled express checkout there under 'Accept payments from your online stores before setting up APIs' on the same page where you can get your API signature (profile/selling options/API...). I deleted the API information on the 'settings' tab of the prestashop PayPal module. At least my customers can now pay their orders being redirected to the PayPal site, with my logo still visible and also with the possibility to pay via credit card without having a PayPal account.

No idea if this helps you guys out there, but as for me I've lost too much time and patience with that crap module already.

For the moment I keep waiting for new answers to that problem and, oh yes, selling... What are the dangers and/or disadvantages of my solution?

Which version of Paypal are you using now by doing all that you've said?

Which version of Paypal are you using now by doing all that you've said?

v.2.8.7., the one included in the full prestashop download. I think the PayPal settings - express checkout without API - might be more important in this case than the module

Hi all,

I suggest you to try our latest version (3.0.8), this version should fix a lot of bugs.

It is available on ou SVN and addons service.

Let me know if it fix something for you.

Regards.

Two questions.

1) Does it work with Prestashop version 1.4.x

2) Does it facilitate PayPal Standard Payments (i.e. customers can pay with a credit card on PayPal's site WITHOUT creating a PayPal account).

That's really all I need to know.

Hi TWDesign,

The PayPal module v3.0.5 was already working with PS 1.4. I've just released a new version (v3.0.9). For those who have not tested v3.0.7/8 it will correct some JS problems and the Guest Checkout problem is now resolved.

You can download this version from our SVN. It will be accessible from our addons service in a few minutes.

Thank you, regards.

When you say "Guest Checkout" I think maybe you STILL don't understand the question.

What I am asking is, can ANY PrestaShop Customer go to the PayPal site AND pay by credit card WITHOUT a PayPal Account?

Sorry, but this is really important to get straight.

Yes, or No?

The Guest Checkout is the option that allow any customers without Paypal account to buy items using a credit card (and others payment methods depending of the configuration of the PayPal merchant account).

But :

- This option has to be enabled in the profile section of the PayPal merchant account.

- This payment method is limited, PayPal has a system that limits each users to 8 guests payments, over these 8 payments this method is not available, the customer has to create an account.

So, yes.

Regards.

• Like 1

I cannt upgrade to PayPal Version 3.0.7

Have error Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'DEFAULT_COUNTRY_ISO' in www\modules\paypal\paypal_logos.php on line 64

Now i have v 2.8 and dont work wtih US customers, on this is week i have error 10736 with 5 buyers, this is my global error use prestashop without support

How use PayPal?????

The Guest Checkout is the option that allow any customers without Paypal account to buy items using a credit card (and others payment methods depending of the configuration of the PayPal merchant account).

But :

- This option has to be enabled in the profile section of the PayPal merchant account.

- This payment method is limited, PayPal has a system that limits each users to 8 guests payments, over these 8 payments this method is not available, the customer has to create an account.

So, yes.

Regards.

Ok, thank you for clarifying.

PLEASE confirm one more thing, that this module works for PrestaShop merchants with

PayPal Payments Standard accounts.

https://www.paypal.c...ps/mpp/merchant

i.e. we DONT need the Advanced or Pro accounts.

Please confirm, YES or NO ?

Hi,

TWDesign : Yes it works. The only problem will be the guest checkout limitation (if you want your customers to be able to always pay on your shop without PayPal account you will need a business account).

You could find more info here : https://cms.paypal.c...ProfileAndTools and search for "PayPal Account Optional".

Note:

Only Premiere or Business accounts have PayPal Account Optional in their account profiles. With Personal accounts, the checkout experience is as if PayPal Account Optional were turned off.

DesignHaus42 : This problem of limitation has been notified to me in an email by a PayPal employee. I did not found anything that clearly explain this. You could just google it : "paypal guest checkout limit". You will find threads talking about that on many forums.

Regards.

Edited by fGaillard (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi,

TWDesign : Yes it works. The only problem will be the guest checkout limitation (if you want your customers to be able to always pay on your shop without PayPal account you will need a business account).

You could find more info here : https://cms.paypal.c...ProfileAndTools and search for "PayPal Account Optional".

DesignHaus42 : This problem of limitation has been notified to me in an email by a PayPal employee. I did not found anything that clearly explain this. You could just google it : "paypal guest checkout limit". You will find threads talking about that on many forums.

Regards.

OK thanks.

I think most PrestaShop site owners would have a Business or Premiere account already. That's a bit of a no brainer.

The final REALLY BIG QUESTION is - (drum roll...) - has this module's latest version been tested with non-decimal currencies like Japanese Yen, Korean Won etc.

Because last time I had to pay PHP developer to fix all the mistakes in the vers 2.8.x module just to get it to work with Japanese yen. The specific problem is the rounding precision used when passing variables to PayPal and comparing those values with the cart totals.

Please advise?

• Like 1

Any updates?

Using the PayPal module for zero decimal currencies is really the whole reason this thread was started.

Please test for the following scenario.

Pre-tax item price is 95.238 Japanese Yen (BO auto-generated figure)

Tax is 5 percent

Tax inclusive price is 100 Japanese Yen (manually entered retail price)

wow twdesign it's been way to long for this to be resolved for you :(

Like I said, I am using vers 2.8.x of the module and I had to pay a PHP programmer to fix all the mistakes

for me.

My concern is more for the future.

I am sure I will need to install a PayPal solution for any future web projects so I want to make sure

the PrestaShop team opens their eyes to the problems of zero decimal currency merchants like me.

Hi,

Sorry for the wait. I´m not very friendly with these currencies. Could you just try and tell me what is wrong ?

AND does your Yen shop display zero decimals? Because that was part of the original problem. Rounding errors.

AND are you using the latest PayPal module 3.05 on your test shop?

I will double check the API details

Tax is 5 percent

Here is her original issue fGaillard with zero decimal placement using yen in currency. It's not configuring it correctly. if this isn't helping please wait for her reply. Please note in her quotes it's from 2 days of chat within this forum

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

Look, its simple.

Japanese yen does not have cents.

We pay for stuff in multiples of 1 Yen.

e.g. 100 yen NOT 1.00 Yen.

PayPal expects the Yen amounts which Prestashop passes to it to have NO DECIMALS.

BUT by the default PayPal module rounds everything to TWO DECIMALS.

Did you read this:

Tax is 5 percent

I dont know how much more simply I can explain the problem.

• Like 1

Did you process a complete PayPal transaction?

Did PrestaShop show the order status as "Payment Accepted"?

Did you get any error messages in your PrestaShop logs?

Please confirm success of all the above and then I will test it myself.

Did you process a complete PayPal transaction?

Did PrestaShop show the order status as "Payment Accepted"?

Did you get any error messages in your PrestaShop logs?

Please confirm success of all the above and then I will test it myself.

Hi,

I have proccessed complete transactions, payment accepted, no errors in the logs. But like I said, I am not friendly with this currency, so you could test yourself and give me your opinion.

Clearly, if you don't want to test, please contact our support team and tell us what you want, they will be happy to help you.

All seams to be working, if you don't want to test yourself I cannot do anymore.

Regards.

Hi fGaillard, Since I have updated the Paypal module from 2.8.5 to 3.0.9, I am unable to find the translation in the BO. Has it been moved somewhere? Thank you Aymeric

Hi cyremia,

You are right, in the new PayPal module translations are not working the same way. You can find it in "modules/paypal/translations.xml", we are using this system to directly include the 25 differents languages availables for PayPal. It is not recommended to change these translations, they have been provided by PayPal itself.

Regards.

Thanks.

I made a small change in the XML file (it was not precise enough I think).

Note for UK website, the translation is under the country code "GB" and not "UK" or "US"

Hi,

Yes, of course, PayPal does not use the same iso codes as the PrestaShop solution. Translations are grouped, for example US has a unique translation but IE, ZA, GP, GG, ... (which are european countries) are using the same translation defined by RE (Rest of Europe). Some of the countries like FR are using their own translation.

PayPal wanted us to group some of the countries, and that´s how it have been done.

I hope it helps.

Regards.

Ok. Do I have to change any settings in the Paypal back-end? I know the new system is using this express checkout!? Is this replacing the web standard system?

I'm asking as I did install the latest version, added my api details but no orders were successful?!

Thanks

Ok, everything seems to be working good on my test site. Will be uploading to live site and hopefully won't experience the same cURL issue... Have you ever come across this before: 'Verification failure (using cURL). Returned: cURL error:Couldn't resolve host 'www.paypal.com'The PayPal transaction could not be VERIFIED.' ???

Ok, everything seems to be working good on my test site. Will be uploading to live site and hopefully won't experience the same cURL issue... Have you ever come across this before: 'Verification failure (using cURL). Returned: cURL error:Couldn't resolve host 'www.paypal.com'The PayPal transaction could not be VERIFIED.' ???

I think I´ve heard about this issue (maybe in validation.php) but I am not sure, I have not worked on versions 2.x.x o the PayPal module.

Hello,

I am getting this error message at checkout with Paypal... It seems the module does not support voucher codes?!

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-08-24T10:03:27Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10413
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I registered here especially to say a few words about the new version of PayPal payment module.

I was having 2.4 on my 1.4.1 and it was not that bad. Received some errors and decided to upgrade to the latest 3.0.9

First thing I've got - the module's settings page was in German. That seemed strange, but I figured out that it automatically changed to German because default country while registering the address in my shop was set to Germany. I set it this way because the majority of my customers was from Germany to make it more convenient for them to register.

I live in Spain but Spanish isn't my preferred language either, but changed the country to Spain, and the module while checkout showed Spanish PayPal logo to customers dependless the customer's country - I asked to try this from other country. And I prefer the logo to be in English.

So I changed it to UK and the module's settings page and the checkout logo finally turned to English.

OK, but then in the first two orders after upgrading the module I received message:

"Price payed on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop."

First order was created but even not paid. And the second was created and paid 6 euros less.

What if a person who is responsible for sending orders sends the created but not paid order? What if he discoveres that "Price payed on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop" and not having access to my PayPal account will wait for me for a couple of days to confirm and the customer receives his order a couple of days later? Too many whats...

Googling did not help me to find old PayPal payment modules to download.

Luckily I backed up my site several months ago and uploaded the old module from the backup. Now again I feel more secure with 2.4.

And a question: where can I download older PayPAl payment modules?

• 4 weeks later...

I ude the PayPal 3.0.9 module and it gives me the Payment Error. With the message in the order: Price payed on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop. I use prestashop 1.4.9.0 I tried the new module 3.2 but that one failed to (it gave php errors), later 3.2 module was gone at prestashop addon site and 3.1 was there for download, I tried that one but it gave me the same errors 3.2 did.

For those who want the older version of the PayPal module that works, Mouse over Community on the Prestashop website and click on Dev/Old/SVN Versions. Scroll down that page and click to expand the Prestashop V1.4 section. Download Prestashop 1.4.8.3 and you'll find the PayPal version 2.8.7 module in the modules folder.

I am using this on three different shops with 1.4.9.0 installed without any problems. The customer does not need a PayPal account to pay by credit card, although there is a payment confirmation page displayed before Prestashop redirects to Paypal.

Question - has anyone verified if this older module will work on a shop running 1.5.0.17?

Edited by Rhapsody (see edit history)
  • Like 1

In the older version it was possible to configure the logo from the BO; If you manage 2 different stores with 2 different logos and only 1 Paypal account, that is more that important to give security of the transaction to your customers.

In the new version I can only put one logo in my account settings.... :(

I'm using prestashop 1.4.3. with paypal module 3.0.7. I set my solution as Website payment standard. As far as i know when you choose this solution customers can pay with cards (credit or debit) without having paypal account. I have bussines paypal account. But this doesn't work for me. It can be only payed with paypal account, not cards. Customers must register first on paypal, then they can purchase product. Where's the problem. Do i need upgrade my pay pay acc to advanced or pro. Ther's 3 sell options on pay pal: standard, advanced, pro. I'm using standard.

I also tried with 2.8.7 version, same thing, can only pay with paypal, no cards.

In 3.2.1. jquery zoom doesnt work at all, and when i click "Pay with card or paypal account" nothing happens, like ther is no link to proces to pay.

Maybe my country paypal can't accept cards without havig paypal account? I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Please help i need this quickly!

I'm using prestashop 1.4.3. with paypal module 3.0.7. I set my solution as Website payment standard. As far as i know when you choose this solution customers can pay with cards (credit or debit) without having paypal account. I have bussines paypal account. But this doesn't work for me. It can be only payed with paypal account, not cards. Customers must register first on paypal, then they can purchase product. Where's the problem. Do i need upgrade my pay pay acc to advanced or pro. Ther's 3 sell options on pay pal: standard, advanced, pro. I'm using standard.

I also tried with 2.8.7 version, same thing, can only pay with paypal, no cards.

In 3.2.1. jquery zoom doesnt work at all, and when i click "Pay with card or paypal account" nothing happens, like ther is no link to proces to pay.

Maybe my country paypal can't accept cards without havig paypal account? I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Please help i need this quickly!

fGaillard can you help me with this, i only need this to open my online store and start with work.

• 1 month later...

I am using PS vers 1.4.7.3

Previously had installed PayPal Module 2.8.5.

I could never get this module to work.

My default currency is Japanese Yen (a non-decimal currency).

It would take the customer to the PayPal page, they would input their credit

card details but they would be returned to my store with Payment Failure errors:

So I installed the new version of PayPal Module 3.0.5

What happens now is that:

1. When the click on PayPal on the Choose Your Payment Method page, rather than go to my shop page where the customer confirms what they are doing (other payment methods do this), INSTEAD it goes straight over to the PayPal site. When I hover over the PayPal option it says in the bottom left of my browser window javascript:onclick($('#paypal_express_checkout_form).submit())

So it appears that the PayPal module thinks the customer want to use PayPal express, BUT I didnt configure that. See below.

2. I entered my PayPal API username, API password and API signature.

However, the PayPal page doesnt seem to recognize them.

It just shows the Store email address NOT my PayPal business account name.

3. The options on the PayPal page are 'Have a PayPal account' and 'Create a PayPal account'.

What happened to customers being able to pay by credit card WITHOUT a PayPal account?

4. The PayPal page DOESN'T contain any of the customer name and address information.

It is supposed to be given to PayPal from the Shopping Cart, is it not?

Very frustrating.

The setup options I have used are as follows:

1. Choose Website Payments Standard

2. Sign up for Free Paypal business account (already have one)

3. API username, password , signature - all copy and pasted from previous settings

(in fact I clicked again on the "Get My API credentials" to make sure they are unchanged) - they are.

Express Checkout Shortcut - No

Use a sandbox - Live mode (recommended)

Payment type - Direct sales (recommended)

If your Paypal account has been properly configured and you still cannot

receive credit card payments from customer that don't have the paypal accounts,

then maybe Paypal may have disabled that feature for your country or your customers' country.

I had this same issue recently with prestashop 1.5.2.0, having the paypal 3.2.5 module. It didn't work from my country but when I visited the store through a remote machine based in another country, it worked.

Please read the information below for more information: It is culled from

https://www.paypal-c...sers/td-p/35817

Hope this helps,

Chike.

Things to know about the Credit Card Option:

First, your Item Button Code require no special coding. It's related to how your Account is setup.

* Your account must be either Premier or Business.

* PayPal Account Optional is turned on - this enables non PP Members to pay by Credit Card

* The email address you use to log into your PayPal Account must be verified.

* The "business" variable value in your button code must be a verified email address or your Business ID.

* Bank account registered and verified/tested - so you can transfer funds

* Credit card registered - (not required but a good idea)

To turn on the PayPal Account Optional feature:

Login to your PayPal Account, select "Edit Profile", under "Selling Preferences", select "Website Payment Preferences", scroll down to "PayPal Account Optional".

Next, there are specific reasons the Credit Card Option may not be available.

* You are using Express Checkout. Express Checkout requires a PayPal Account

* You are using the wrong email address, an unverified email address or Business ID for your "business" variable value.

* The country you reside in. Not all countries have all the PayPal features available.

* The country your customers reside in. Not all countries have all PayPal features available.

* The IP address of your hosted site is on a blocked list.

Check out this link, it can tell you what features are available to the individual counties.

Last, you have your PayPal Account setup properly but, still don't see the Credit Card Option or only see a small link to the Credit Card Option.

It's all about the cookies. The PayPal Screens are designed to be displayed in a specific way and what you see is based on the cookies and/or your PayPal Account configuration.

PayPal relies on the use of cookies to track what's in your cart and retain other info about you and therefore the screen that is displayed may not be the screen you expect to see. If you are a new customer visiting PayPal for the first time, the Credit Card Option will be clearly displayed.

If this is your second or third visit to PayPal and your previous cookie has not expired, PayPal now views you as a returning customer. You will get a screen with a small link to the Credit Card Option. Although this is not as obvious to the customer, the Credit Card Option is still available. For example, the cookie that holds the cart info will retain that info for up to 21 days. The only way it will change is if you remove the items selected from the cart or delete the cookie.

If you are testing your web pages, creating new code or making changes, etc., simply delete your web browser's cookies, then close your web browser, reopen it and try your web pages again. When you view the PayPal Screens, you will now get the screen with the Credit Card Option because PayPal views you as a new visitor.

Other reasons for deleting cookies. Let's say you changed your business email address or business graphic logo. If you don't delete the cookies before you test, you will still see the old information.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am getting this error message at checkout with Paypal... What can i do???

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-11-13T06:33:45Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729
  4. L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10730
  5. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State Empty
  6. L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Shipping Address Postal Code Empty
  7. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is required
  8. L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> The field Shipping Address Postal Code is required
  9. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  10. L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error

• 3 months later...