problem homepage www.mywebsite.com/prestashop

Hi everybody

As many....I've installed my website in the folder www.mywebsite.com/prestashop.... I know now that it is a problem...!

To install it well, I did what I read in a few explanations, that is:

-move all file of folder "prestashop" at the root

-modification of file config/settings.inc.php

-settings in pref>seo&urls

The problem is:

When I call my website writing in the address bar www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com, the homepage is diplayed....but with the address www.mywebsite.com/prestashop/ and not www.mywebsite.com only!! (as I thought it would do )

At the homepage, if we call the other pages, they are displayed correctly...for example: www.mywebsite.com/category1 ; the "/prestashop/" doesn't appear any more, this is correct and that is what I was looking for..... But clicking on the "home", what is displayed in address bar is www.mywebsite.com/prestashop/ again, and not only www.mywebsite.com

How do I solve this problem???? THANKS a lot for your help....jI was all night long trying to find a solutiuon (after 2 hours of files transfer at the root........)

Thanks again

Emmanuel

Thank yo for your answer.

The settings.inc.php file wich is in "config" folder has been set to "/" (it was before at /prestashop/)

I wonder if I have to connect in BO with olf folder (www.mywebsite.com/prestashop/admin) to set ps directory to "/prestashop/" or to "/" . I did this setting in BO of www.mywebsite.com/admin. The prestashop folder is still at the root, even if I transfered all files to the root too....

When you say "ry turning of url rewriting and set everything to basic settings", I dpon't really understand what you say, and where to do this.... :(

Thank you again

Emmanuel