More news about v1.5: we need your efforts!

We know that you expect it and the 18 PrestaShop developers of the solution and the whole team are working hard to bring you the best 1.5 final version as soon as possible.

Throughout the development process, many features have been added to those we had anticipated when the developments of version 1.5 began. These features, which will be very useful for every shop and the whole community, delayed this release.

We want to offer to current and future merchants, web agencies, developers, web designers, etc. a powerful version that is easy to use and it is for these reasons that the delays have lengthened. A test and quality department of 4 persons has been established within the PrestaShop team to be absolutely sure that the version offered to the community is stable and usable by all as soon as possible.

On the advice of this test and quality department, we let ourselves at least a couple of months to develop, stabilize and improve the version 1.5 Beta and present you with a powerful RC version for all uses. We are counting on you to help us finalize this version, your contributions can help us go faster! Several agencies, vendors and developers are already involved in optimizing this version on a daily basis, and you can do the same. Your support is crucial at this stage of the project.

We are currently defining a precise release date and rest assured, we will announce this soon. A new 1.5 Beta version Beta is available today for testing purposes.

We will continue to regularly publish new Beta versions and will keep you posted of our progress. In the meantime, please feel free to use version 1.4.7 for your live stores.

• Like 1

I installed version 1.5.0.9 but it's not possible to login in back office. I don't think I've made any common misstakes. There's nothing in the apache error log. Either nothing happens at all or it says that the password is incorrect. If I try to use the lost password function nothing happens either but it does send a new password. But it makes no difference, the new password doesn't work either.

I've reinstalled it a couple of times but same problem occurs...

Is Prestashop 1.5 going to allow creating orders from the back office and modifying existing orders?

Yes! This was a very frequently-requested feature, and it will be implemented in v1.5

-Mike

I installed version 1.5.0.9 but it's not possible to login in back office. I don't think I've made any common misstakes. There's nothing in the apache error log. Either nothing happens at all or it says that the password is incorrect. If I try to use the lost password function nothing happens either but it does send a new password. But it makes no difference, the new password doesn't work either.

I've reinstalled it a couple of times but same problem occurs...

Hi nilskm,

For these sorts of issues, please post here.

-Mike

A test and quality department of 4 persons has been established within the PrestaShop team to be absolutely sure that the version offered to the community is stable and usable by all as soon as possible.

On the advice of this test and quality department, we let ourselves at least a couple of months to develop, stabilize and improve the version 1.5 Beta and present you with a powerful RC version for all uses. We are counting on you to help us finalize this version, your contributions can help us go faster! Several agencies, vendors and developers are already involved in optimizing this version on a daily basis, and you can do the same. Your support is crucial at this stage of the project.

Is all the testing done manually? Perhaps you could make the test scripts public, esp. regression testing?

Would be good if in addition to manual testing you could deploy automated testing and unit testing. (of course automated has to be in addition to manual, not instead of)

In this version is possibile to keep owr old links from a wordpress theme if we decided to work with prestashop ? I mean if is something like a module which remove the ID from categories and products

Is any way to kepp my Wordpress old links to Prestashop 1.4.7.0 or 1.4.7.2 from exampe to example ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ABOUT CATEGORIES : www.name.com/refill-hp and now i have www.name.com/1-refill-hp

ABOUT PRODUCTS : www.name.com/refillhp/2-cartdrigehp and now i have www.name.com/refill-hp/2-cartdrigehp

HELLO WORLD :)

Hello,

I have been watching the backoffice and it sure looks very easy to use. Awesome. However I am wondering if it will be possible to have different merchants with different payment gateways.

For example the usge of paypal gateway from different merchants with different paypal accounts....

That would be awesome....

I am not much of a coder, but in which way can I help and contribute to this project? Because people are waiting for something like this....

Thanks for the great work you do...

Frenk!

• 2 weeks later...

IMO I have lots of problems using the carrier section, I am deffinately not using carriers, but if I want the 5 pages check-out to be used customers need to point out there carrier.

Isn't it possible to have an option in back-end to disable the carrier instead of having to choose one?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike, i like very much of prestashop, but this have one problem for me, and many users may agree, when we change some texts inside or insert new modules or some new theme, in the next updates we cant make the upgrade with autoupgrade, because we already changed the files inside in old version, and the module always will say " server error ", if we dont change nothing, the update work fine. I tryed both ways..

When i say change the files, i mean the Admin panel to our country language, we need to edit the some files to put the text with our language..

I think is because of this problem many stores still using old versions of prestashop.. So in my opinion, try make one update who will work fine with other modules or new themes, or make only patches with news files, and we make only the upload with that files, its more easy, i think..

I know you guys work a lot to put this software free of charge, but if you make updates more easy to install, the users will like better of prestashop and the users with old versions, can try the new versions..

Keep doing good work..

Tks..

Edited by AngelSpeedy (see edit history)