Login and shopping cart not working after update

Hi All,

I could use some help with my site,after a update to the latest version of prestashop the user login does not work,The shopping cart is also not working.

This is on my live shop so please help me on this,my customers can not order or log in anymore.

I installed the new prestashop 1.5 theme and changed it back to my old theme,but still not working.

My website is www.want-shop.com

Hi beatngu,

I took a look at this for you, and it appears that your site is pointing the Log In and Cart buttons to your home page, rather than their intended locations.

Can you please try replacing your modules/blockmyaccount/blockmyaccount.tpl and modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl files with the SVN versions here and let me know if that resolves your issue?

I hope this helps.

-Mike

I replaced the files but still no luck.

Hi beatngu,

Did you do a full backup of your site and database before updating? And did you do it manually or using our AutoUpgrade module? It appears that something went wrong during the upgrade, but it's difficult to identify what could be the issue without more information. Additionally, can you please try temporarily switching back to the default theme and let me know if that makes any difference on your site?

-Mike

Yes i did a full backup of db and site.

No errors during the update.

I did it the old way uploaded the new prestashop version and copyed the images,modules and settings.inc.php.

Today i tried a new install with default theme but i still have the same problem.

I just can't find whats causing this,i thought about SSL because both cart and login uses it.

I really need to get this fixed asap im loosing a lot of orders.

Yes i did a full backup of db and site.

No errors during the update.

I did it the old way uploaded the new prestashop version and copyed the images,modules and settings.inc.php.

Today i tried a new install with default theme but i still have the same problem.

I just can't find whats causing this,i thought about SSL because both cart and login uses it.

I really need to get this fixed asap im loosing a lot of orders.

I took a look at this with a developer, and it certainly looks like there is some sort of error with your SSL, as certain pages direct to http:// while others direct to https://.

I will say that this is not normal behavior, and he had never seen this sort of issue before. If you updated manually, my guess is that there was some sort of error or corrupted file during the process. What version did you update from?

-Mike

I updated from 1.4.5.1.

I checked the back office and the SSL keeps getting turned off,its like everything is beeing redirected to http.

If i go to front office the SSL is disabled and i have to turn it on again,but its resets everytime i am in front office.

The strange thing is if i disable SSL i still have the same problem

In this situation, I would recommend first and foremost that you roll back to your backed-up 1.4.5.1 install, to at least allow sales to continue while we work on this. Then, I would recommend testing our AutoUpgrade module in a local environment (I personally prefer WAMP when it comes to working in local) to ensure that everything is working properly before moving the update to a live environment.

-Mike

Hi,

I have almost the same problem, I did the replacement of the files as suggested but it doesn't work.

Users can't login and shoppong cart is not working.

It's kind of weird, because on browser of tablets and smartphones the site works fine.

Any solution ideas?

Thanks,

Francisco

http://tienda.fotokeyk.com

Edited by fotokeyk (see edit history)

I got the same issue also updating from 1.3 version to the latest

The shopping cart does not update untill you actually go to the cart.

Just like in fotokeyk'' site.

If there is a fix in please let us know. had to take the site offline untill i have time to fix or roll it back.

Cheers

Hi Mike,

The store is at http://tienda.fotokeyk.com

Could you help me please?

I solved my problem with a rollback,but i still have some weird issues.

My SSL gets turned off ,and this is with my old database before the update to the latest version.

The strange thing is when i enable it's working just fine and if i log back in to my backoffice after a while its disabled again.

Its not disable by the radio button but i get this text "Please click here to use HTTPS protocol before enabling SSL"

Any idea on whats going on here?

I'm glad you were able to resolve your original issue!

The strange thing is when i enable it's working just fine and if i log back in to my backoffice after a while its disabled again.

Its not disable by the radio button but i get this text "Please click here to use HTTPS protocol before enabling SSL"

Have you tried clicking that yet? It likely will not work properly for you until you do.

-Mike

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem logging into the cart. I've replaced all the files and have nothing to roll back on. I'm using a fresh install (1.4.7.3). I've enabled SSL and it seems to be working fine with it.

Has anyone solved this problem yet?

I upgrade from 1.4.7.0 to 1.4.7.3 using the PS15 New Them and my Cart stopped working as my Top Horizontal Menu as my Footer.

I am trying to rollback it but everytime I go to www.mywebsite.com it redirects to www.mywebsite.com/prestashopnewfolder

Where prestashopnewfolder is the folder where I did the Update to.

How do I resolve this?

Not worked Mike. I am now trying to copy all the files I had in public_html from my backup to the server...

But I am very disappointed with the upgrade problems I found...

How did you upgrade? Did you do it manually or using our experimental auto-upgrade module?

-Mike

For when an official release of the Autoupgrade?

The Autoupgrade module has been heavily tested, but issues can occasionally crop up on sites that have been customized. The script is programmed to search out specific files and specific code within those files in order to upgrade them to the latest version, but if those files have been altered it can create issues.

-Mike

• 6 months later...

Hello Mike

I have the same problem, but with version 1.5.2

About two days ago I upgraded my shop from version 1.5.1 to 1.5.2.

At the beginning I have not made any mistake, then the damage is started ..

Before using Explorer customers could not Register / Log / Buy.

Now the biggest problem was presented this afternoon, even using Chrome, Safari, Firefox, you can not access / register / buy ..

I'm really desperate!

I do not know what is wrong, and I'm really inexperienced with php files.

You know you help me?