Mike Kranzler

AutoUpgrade Guide

Question

Note: This feature is still experimental and may not work on all server and website configurations. As always, please be sure to back up your files first before attempting an upgrade.

Hi everybody,

To simplify your transition to latest version of PrestaShop, you will find below an update guide for versions 1.3.x through 1.4.x.

Step 1

Download the automatic update module available as an attachment below

http://www.prestasho...autoupgrade.zip

Step 2

Go through your Back Office to Modules > Add a new module and select the archive module’s automatic update

post-276528-0-47232900-1318606418_thumb.jpg

Step 3

Install the AutoUpgrade v0.1 module

post-276528-0-38538100-1318606423_thumb.jpg

Step 4

Go to Tools > Upgrade and select “No” under "Shop Desactivated" and then "No" under “Enable Shop” to temporarily deactivate your store

post-276528-0-99120600-1318606428_thumb.jpg

post-276528-0-96387300-1318606435_thumb.jpg

Step 5

Return to Tools > Upgrade and at the bottom of the page configure your options as seen below and then save.

post-276528-0-37322900-1318606441_thumb.jpg

Step 6

Click “Upgrade PrestaShop Now.” Please be patient, it may take several minutes (do not close the page).

post-276528-0-30224600-1318606447_thumb.jpg

post-276528-0-11590900-1318606452_thumb.jpg

Step 7

Re-enable your shop under Preferences

post-276528-0-01652200-1318606457_thumb.jpg

Your shop is now updated!

post-276528-0-32251700-1318606462_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike Kranzler, Thanks for this improvement has many serve them, but I think it's my no. I use Prestashop 1.4.1.0, there is an automatic update module for this version?

Hi Mike Kranzler, Thanks for this improvement has many serve them, but I think it's my no. I use Prestashop 1.4.1.0, there is an automatic update module for this version?

versions 1.3.x through 1.4.4.1., so I think your version 1.4.1.0 is OK

And what abozt manually install of this module?

yep, i did when i saw it didn't work.

So i've tried two methods:

first: install by -module section- and, when i saw it didn't work, deleted the dir. and

second: install by transfer to server and chmod again.

versions 1.3.x through 1.4.4.1., so I think your version 1.4.1.0 is OK

Thanks for responding. When I have a space of time, I have try it in my store tests, and comment how it went.

Step 4

Go to Tools > Upgrade and select “No” under "Shop Desactivated" and then "No" under “Enable Shop” to temporarily deactivate your store

Where do I find “Enable Shop”? It's certainly not in Tools > Upgrade

Followed steps 1-5.

Don't see the “Upgrade PrestaShop Now” button. Instead, what I see is

Your current prestashop version : 1.4.4.0

Last version is 1.4.5.1 final (1.4.5.1)

Your current configuration does not allow upgrade.

on my 1.4.4.0 this module doesn't working. It is about BIG OLD PS error.

All must be in root writable for use of this module. But a lot of modules is impossible to do this. If you install some module not manually, but in BO, so the folder with module is with owner - 33 33, not me, and it is impossible to change anything. I cannot set the CHMOD or delete this folder.

This same is also with translations, if you import translation in BO, it sets to language folder owner 33 33 and all changes are impossible.

WHY?! WHY DOES PRESTASHOP DO THIS??????

Hi everybody,

To simplify your transition to PrestaShop v1.4.5.1, you will find below an update guide for versions 1.3.x through 1.4.4.1.

Step 1

Download the automatic update module available as an attachment below

Step 2

Go through your Back Office to Modules > Add a new module and select the archive module’s automatic update

post-276528-0-47232900-1318606418_thumb.jpg

Step 3

Install the AutoUpgrade v0.1 module

post-276528-0-38538100-1318606423_thumb.jpg

Step 4

post-276528-0-99120600-1318606428_thumb.jpg

post-276528-0-96387300-1318606435_thumb.jpg

Step 5

Return to Tools > Upgrade and at the bottom of the page configure your options as seen below and then save.

post-276528-0-37322900-1318606441_thumb.jpg

Step 6

Click “Upgrade PrestaShop Now.” Please be patient, it may take several minutes (do not close the page).

post-276528-0-30224600-1318606447_thumb.jpg

post-276528-0-11590900-1318606452_thumb.jpg

Step 7

Re-enable your shop under Preferences

post-276528-0-01652200-1318606457_thumb.jpg

Your shop is now updated!

post-276528-0-32251700-1318606462_thumb.jpg

I Mike,

I am running a PS 1.4.5.0

This module is not installing correctly and update button is not showing at all.

Regards,

Pascal

Hi OC2PS

Sorry but I don't see the "Click here to refresh"

This appears on a new "Installation or Upgrade"

This post is about the "Autoupgrade module v0.1"

It seems that the Auto upgrade is still buging.

Regards.

I have the version 1.4.4.1 and I have tried the automatic update from the backoffice but I had an error :

Currently processing :
[server Error] Status message : error

On the apache log server I have theses errors :

81.**.**.** - - [14/Oct/2011:19:59:11 +0200] "POST /manager/ajax-tab.php?tab=AdminUpgrade HTTP/1.1" 500 20 "http://www.domain.com/manager/index.php?tab=AdminUpgrade&token=6f7ed8c5032eb1b04eb1616cd539f" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1"

It's look like a rights problem, but everything look right...

Anycase, I will probably upgrade it manually...

Where do I find “Enable Shop”? It's certainly not in Tools > Upgrade

Once you click on "No" next to "Shop Desactivated" (I know, not the best English but we'll take care of it), it will redirect to the page with "Enable Shop."

doesnt install...

Great! Buggy modules to upgrade buggy software. Sure you can do better than this ?!?!

Hi bannerclick,

Do you have any information for me about any error messages you received or the specific steps you took? I would like to try to help you with this but I will need more information.

-Mike

Once you click on "No" next to "Shop Desactivated" (I know, not the best English but we'll take care of it), it will redirect to the page with "Enable Shop."

It doesn't

Do you have any information for me about any error messages you received or the specific steps you took? I would like to try to help you with this but I will need more information.

Please can you check out the error messages that I and spheerys posted?

Sorry Mike but I understand nothing of what you are saying :wacko:

i just get the message that the module cant be intalled..cant access logs.

Your problem is probably different then.

We were able to install the module, and follow steps 1-5. We get the reported error in step 6

Sorry Mike but I understand nothing of what you are saying :wacko:

I think he's saying that in Step 4, after you enact part 1 (set "Shop Desactivated" as NO), the page automatically redirects to Preferences so that you can action off part 2 (set "Shop Activated" as NO).

But this is not what I experienced.

I thing we will have meanwhile to forget about this "Autoupgrade module v0.1" and do it manually "old fashion style" :(

Hopefully it will work in 1.5... :rolleyes:

Your problem is probably different then.

We were able to install the module, and follow steps 1-5. We get the reported error in step 6

Yup, the module itself won't install, so no buttons whatsoever appear :(

Did you click directly on the button that says "No?"

At this point, it's quite moot as I've manually gone to Preferences and set Enable Shop as NO.

The problem is when I click Upgrade, I get an Error after the status says Downloaded, Extracting.

Hi everybody,

I have developers at the ready to help you solve these issues, but in order to do so, you must be as explicit as possible in describing your respective issues. This means screenshots, error messages, your current version number and any other information you can provide so that we can go through and help you solve these.

-Mike

Hi everybody,

I have developers at the ready to help you solve these issues, but in order to do so, you must be as explicit as possible in describing your respective issues. This means screenshots, error messages, your current version number and any other information you can provide so that we can go through and help you solve these.

-Mike

I was one of the first who provide you a screenshot but since then i don't see any response

...what more do you want? ;-)

I was one of the first who provide you a screenshot but since then i don't see any response

...what more do you want?

A developer is already looking into your post. This was directed at everyone who posts on this thread, not any individual. However, you can always provide more information to expedite the process, especially your current version number.

-Mike

hello, i was trying to install the module but when i install ....

"Fatal error (Tab->name è vuoto per la lingua di default:) "

Translated is : Tab->name is empty for the default language

hello, i was trying to install the module but when i install ....

"Fatal error (Tab->name è vuoto per la lingua di default:) "

Translated is : Tab->name is empty for the default language

Hi Pianeta,

Can you please provide screenshots for our development team?

-Mike

hmm, nice.. Also manual upgrade doesnt work. Sorry, no screenshot :(

Hi bannerclick,

I am sitting with a developer at this very moment, but without a screenshot or error message or anything else to use as a frame of reference, he cannot identify where exactly you are running into any issues. But if you can post those, we'll be able to help you.

-Mike

not working....what's wrong?

i've chmod on my virtual host to 777 and the files to 666

please help.

tnx!

Hi quriass,

Please try setting all permissions (including files) to 777 and let me know if that works for you.

-Mike

I think the installation overwrite my existing database.Iam trying to restore backup.I did not create a new db for the installation and instead pointed it to existing database.

I think the installation overwrite my existing database.Iam trying to restore backup.I did not create a new db for the installation and instead pointed it to existing database.

Once you restore the backup, you should be able to get this up and running much more easily.

-Mike

Screenshots attached!

Hi OC2PS,

I just spoke with a developer, and this appears to be an issue with your Ajax. Please enable "Display Errors" in your config.default.php file, and then use the Firebug console to identify the specific error for us. Once we have that screenshot, this shouldn't be too difficult to resolve :P

-Mike

Hi Mike

I created a new database, then imported the sql backup into this ,all my product descriptions are fine now, seems to have some problems with categories block on home page not showing old categories.Maybe a cache issue, iam trying to troubleshoot.

Also i cant login to the back end :D User does not exist. And i cant login from the front end either.Authentication failed.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Hi Mike

I created a new database, then imported the sql backup into this ,all my product descriptions are fine now, seems to have some problems with categories block on home page not showing old categories.Maybe a cache issue, iam trying to troubleshoot.

Also i cant login to the back end :D User does not exist.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Let us know what you find! I'm glad you were able to get your descriptions back, those are definitely a hassle if you would've needed to rewrite them!

-Mike

Hooray !

I copied over the old settings.inc.php file and made changes to point to the new database name.All good now.

Next step >> to get the new layered navigation block working !

It is giving errors when trying to build indexes.

Hooray !

I copied over the old settings.inc.php file and made changes to point to the new database name.All good now.

Next step >> to get the new layered navigation block working !

It is giving errors when trying to build indexes.

Great! Enjoy layered navigation! Bruno spent a LOT of time on that one so we're really looking forward to getting feedback on it!

-Mike

I just spoke with a developer, and this appears to be an issue with your Ajax. Please enable "Display Errors" in your config.default.php file, and then use the Firebug console to identify the specific error for us. Once we have that screenshot, this shouldn't be too difficult to resolve

I switched Display Errors on in /config/config.inc.php

When I try to upgrade again, I end up with the error again (screenshots already provided)...there doesn't seem to be anything different about the screen compared to last time.

I'm not quite sure what you wanted me to do with the Firebug console (yes, I have it installed in Firefox and know how to use it...just don't know which screen element do you want me to check with Firebug...

Mike, why when I upload something from BO, not manually in FTP, prestashop set owner to 33 33, and I cannot delete this uploaded files?

Many thanks

Can you provide a screenshot of your settings where it says this? That makes the analysis much easier for us on our end.

-Mike

When I try to upgrade again, I end up with the error again (screenshots already provided)...there doesn't seem to be anything different about the screen compared to last time.

I'm not quite sure what you wanted me to do with the Firebug console (yes, I have it installed in Firefox and know how to use it...just don't know which screen element do you want me to check with Firebug...

Do you not have any errors listed in Firebug when you're trying to upgrade?

-Mike

Great! Enjoy layered navigation! Bruno spent a LOT of time on that one so we're really looking forward to getting feedback on it!

-Mike

Thats good.But i cant get it working properly and none of the indexes build .When i try to uninstall and install it again, i get a message

error2.pngThe following module(s) were not installed successfully:<p class="error">

• blocklayered

I had filed a bug here http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-2802?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel and maxence gave me some patches which made it working fine .

Now i have the same problem with my product page blank.

I just spoke with a developer, and this appears to be an issue with your Ajax. Please enable "Display Errors" in your config.default.php file, and then use the Firebug console to identify the specific error for us. Once we have that screenshot, this shouldn't be too difficult to resolve

When I try to upgrade again, I end up with the error again.

Yes, I do see 500 Internal Server Error in Firebug. (my bad...for some reason I had to reload Firebug to get the error to display)

Screenshot attached.

post-197291-0-31843500-1318622557_thumb.jpg

Thats good.But i cant get it working properly and none of the indexes build .When i try to uninstall and install it again, i get a message

error2.pngThe following module(s) were not installed successfully:<p class="error">

• blocklayered

I had filed a bug here http://forge.prestas...ls:all-tabpanel and maxence gave me some patches which made it working fine .

Now i have the same problem with my product page blank.

Hi Indus,

I just tried this on a couple computers over here but had no issues uninstalling and reinstalling the Layered Navigation module several times through the Back Office. Is there any additional information you could give me to help me replicate this error?

-Mike

Can you provide a screenshot of your settings where it says this? That makes the analysis much easier for us on our end.

-Mike

Hello Mike,

screen is attached. Files with owner 33 33 is impossible to change CHMOD or delete it. Only what I can is change name of this files, but still not delete.

Sorry, screen is here:

owner.jpg

Hi Indus,

I just tried this on a couple computers over here but had no issues uninstalling and reinstalling the Layered Navigation module several times through the Back Office. Is there any additional information you could give me to help me replicate this error?

-Mike

Hi Mike

I will try to troubleshoot myself for a while , maybe file a bug again or reopen my old bug report.

You already have enough work answering other people's problems :D

I think this thread can be used to troubleshoot installation problems only.

Yes, I do see 500 Internal Server Error in Firebug. (my bad...for some reason I had to reload Firebug to get the error to display)

Screenshot attached.

Hi OC2PS,

Please PM me with your FTP information, we would like to go in and identify/fix this for you quickly and hopefully have a solution for anyone else running into this in the future.

-Mike

Hello Mike,

screen is attached. Files with owner 33 33 is impossible to change CHMOD or delete it. Only what I can is change name of this files, but still not delete.

Hi vasekcekal,

Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to change the permissions for you manually. If you are not able to do this for yourself, this is the only option, but it should be very simple on their end.

And just as a quick request for the future, please try to use our attachment system to upload images going forward instead of pasting them into the body of your post, it will be much appreciated by our developers and their weary eyes :P .

-Mike

Hi vasekcekal,

Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to change the permissions for you manually. If you are not able to do this for yourself, this is the only option, but it should be very simple on their end.

And just as a quick request for the future, please try to use our attachment system to upload images going forward instead of pasting them into the body of your post, it will be much appreciated by our developers and their weary eyes :P .

-Mike

Yes, I know I can ask my provider, but its a lot of files in all PS upgrades :rolleyes:

But it is normall - owner 33 33? isnt it my configure mistake :D

About IMG, OK, sorry ;)

Yes, I know I can ask my provider, but its a lot of files in all PS upgrades :rolleyes:

About IMG, OK, sorry ;)

It's ok, I know the system can be confusing sometimes. I almost posted one of these B) in honor of our developers' eyes, but I decided to take the high road instead.

And I know that there are a lot of files to change, but if you don't have the ability to change them, this really is your own option.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Mike

It's ok, I know the system can be confusing sometimes. I almost posted one of these B) in honor of our developers' eyes, but I decided to take the high road instead.

And I know that there are a lot of files to change, but if you don't have the ability to change them, this really is your own option.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Mike

Yes, but this is only small snag in PS, which can be solved by provider, trust me I tried a lot of systems and PS is No. 1 B)

A developer is already looking into your post. This was directed at everyone who posts on this thread, not any individual. However, you can always provide more information to expedite the process, especially your current version number.

-Mike

thanks for replying.

here are some extra -strange- screenshots..

it says i can't update anyway...

post-262672-0-23098500-1318625913_thumb.jpg

Screenshot attached.

Hi OC2PS,

We looked into this for you, and basically it's a combination of a slow server and a max_execution_time limit with GoDaddy. Because the server is slow, it is exceeding the 30 second time limit set by your host for these sorts of queries, leading to the internal server error.

In order to fix this, I would first check to see if you have a php5.ini file in your root directory. If so, please try changing your max_execution_time from 30 to 300 and see if that solves it for you. And if you don't have access to this file, just call GoDaddy and explain your issue (the slowest time we saw was 42 seconds, but your limit was set at 30), and they should be able to modify it for you.

I hope this helps!

-Mike

thanks for replying. here are some extra -strange- screenshots.. it says i can't update anyway...

Hi quriass,

Can you please try to deactivate your store first under Preferences to let me know if that fixes things for you?

-Mike

Hi quriass,

Can you please try to deactivate your store first under Preferences to let me know if that fixes things for you?

-Mike

Tnx for reply.

Shop desactivated : enabled.gifYes

It was de-activated when i took the picture. So there is no change...(i only de-activated the shop by -preferences-, no other place...)

if you have a php5.ini file in your root directory. If so, please try changing your max_execution_time from 30 to 300 and see if that solves it for you.

I added the line

max_execution_time = 300

to php5.ini (there was no execution time line in the file), but it doesn't seem to have helped.

P.S. I tried adding that line to php.ini as well. Didn't help.

Shop desactivated : enabled.gifYes

I think as per instructions, Shop desactivated should be NO

Also, I think what Mike is talking about is not the Shop desactivated option, but if you go to preferences, there is an Enable Shop option under heading General. I think he's talking about disabling that...

I think as per instructions, Shop desactivated should be NO

Also, I think what Mike is talking about is not the Shop desactivated option, but if you go to preferences, there is an Enable Shop option under heading General. I think he's talking about disabling that...

If i push the - Shop desactivated - i automatic go to the - preferences - tab where the shop (dutch): Winkel activerenenabled.gif Ja disabled.gif Nee - option is.

I'm awere/think that the shop should be deactivated before updating.

The only option that i can't give a geen light are the - Options chosen : disabled.gif , because whatever i choose, the red cross will not disappear.

Does anybody else has updated the Dutch version?

I added the line

max_execution_time = 300

to php5.ini (there was no execution time line in the file), but it doesn't seem to have helped.

P.S. I tried adding that line to php.ini as well. Didn't help.

I tried again, and my shop seems to have upgraded now without a hitch.

Not sure, but perhaps after changing php5.ini you have to wait for daily server restart (on godaddy). Or maybe European servers were faster now at night....

Anyway, thanks Mike and Bruno!

Hi

i realy try to intall, with autoupgrade, but alway the same error "The following module(s) were not installed successfully:<p class="error">

• autoupgrade"

Install remove 10 times, install manualy same problem

Something wrong, after i decided update following all step of manual, everything ok, no error sql, nothing...

after login in back office, i read in the left botton, prestashop 1.4.4.1, i try to update again, and i see this msg "(Currently installed version detected: v1.4.5.1)"

can someone explain to solve this problem, what wrong with my instalation.

regards

Update:

I did a reinstall update and left the modules on instead of unticking the box and it works fine now. Hope that helps anyone who runs into the same problem I did.

I must say this new version is fantastic! I noticed the new layered module meta-title and URL generation. Also, the Layered Navigation has some new rebuild tools.Ran into a lot of errors with my store though.

Here's the list of my errors:

• error2.pngPrice indexation failed
  • Specific Category
    • v6n3b7.jpg
    • Unable to show my entire category tree
    • I believe this is due to my entire rebuild in an error. Unable to rebuild it, because the information isn't accurate on the FO.
    • Also this leads to when I click on the filter it will show the loading screen and never finish this loading.

[*]Does anyone have an idea why I am not able to reindex? When I hit the reindex button, it goes for about 10-25 seconds before giving me the failed information.

Hello Mike,

I made successful update to 1.4.5.1, but now I cannot to add new product. It gives this error:

An error occurred while linking object. product Pro category. What is wrong? Screen is attached.

EDIT I.

Now I have next problem. If I go on my homepage, it aute redirect me on 404. Pls try it: http://shop.atv-rakovnik.cz/ auto redirect to http://shop.atv-rako.../page-not-found

I SOLVED THIS PROBLEMS MYSELF. FOR OTHERS WITH THIS PROBLEM:

You have to follow these step:

• Disable/Enable languages
  • Re-generate htaccess
  • Disble smarty cache
  • Flush cache from the browser (for firefox it's in Edit>Preferences>Advances>Network>Clean cache

EDIT II.

Also I have one old question about PS. It is about order without registration.

First order without registration is OK. But next order without with same mails needs log-in. (An account is already registered with this e-mail, please fill in the password or request a new one.) So, this isn't order without registration. How I can set the PS for REALLY order without registration?

post-132258-0-71667600-1318662570_thumb.jpg

Update:

25aof83.jpg

Ahh! What a nightmare, after the upgrade the category tree is missing from layered navigation/catalog/product entirely. However, in the FO I am able to see and navigate through products. Also, if I do a BO catalog find of the product I am to go in and edit the product. What's the solution to this problem?

288xpux.jpg

UPDATE:

Thanks to Michael, he informed how to fix it by transferring over the old image.inc.php file. Careless mistake on my part.

However, the category tree is still only showing the Home section. Not showing all of it.