PAYPAL troubles...

radiantebooks

Hi,

Just installed Prestashop and love it -- except that I cannot get paypal to work for me! :(

the cart works and redirects me to paypal -- i pay with credit card--and am returned back to 'thank you for your order page'...paypal takes my money and puts it in the correct account. But the order shows up as "payment error" in my admin center.

I can manually change the status to 'payment accepted' and an email is sent out.

I get this message:

At 03/5/2012 07:40:12 from Private:Verification failure (using cURL). Returned: cURL error:couldn't connect to hostThe PayPal transaction could not be VERIFIED.

Prestashop version: 1.4.7.0

Server information: Linux #5 SMP Tue Aug 2 14:01:50 UTC 2011 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.2.17

MySQL version: 5.1.30-log

I am soooo looking forward to solving this problem! :rolleyes:

Thanking you in advance.

regards,

Victor

PS. I am in Australia, if that makes any difference.

I just experienced the same problem this morning. My shop has been processing payment perfectly fine until this morning. I have not had anyone place another PayPal order so I cannot confirm if it was an isolated incident yet. Google shows that this seems to be a common problem, but none of the discussions have a solution or explanation. All of the PayPal credentials and everything are the same. I did not change anything and it was working right before this last order. The money for the transaction did, in fact, show up in our PayPal account, but the store says "Warning: $0.00 paid instead of $20.00 !"

Verification failure (using cURL). Returned: cURL error:The PayPal transaction could not be VERIFIED

Because of this, it makes our numbers off in the stats. Can someone please help us with this? Thanks!

This issue is almost impossible to prevent. Even with all the correct settings, sometimes your servers will have problems connecting to paypal's servers.

There is a ps_orders table, you can edit the order directly in the database and enter the amount paid there. It will fix the stats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need help, I have the same problem.

It was working fine until about a week ago. when customer made the payment it came up with $0.00 received instead of .....$26.00 (or whatever the item cost)

I can mark it off as payment received but it will show $0.00 balance in customer payment detail just look odds and unprofessional customer will be confuse why it said paid 0.00???

In my back office it the message shown....

Verification failure (using cURL). Returned: cURL error:Failed to connect to 173.0.88.34: Permission deniedThe PayPal transaction could not be VERIFIED.

Please any one can help ASAP

• 6 months later...