[Solved] Removing 'powered By Prestashop'

wendy@abc

Hi all,

Firstly my apologies, as I haven't much of a clue about what I'm doing! It's late, so I will pop by tomorrow to see if there are any replies - I know the forum is slow at the moment!

I would like to remove certain meta tags from my home page and possibly other pages, in particular, I want to remove 'Powered by Prestashop'.

So far, with googling (!), the route I have taken is classes>tools.php. I have examined this file and I think it is the following code that needs altering (around line 610), although I need confirmation of that. I hope I am right (I know nothing of code!). If I have the right area, what should I be changing/removing?

Thank you in anticipation of loads of help and replies! :D

Here is the relevant code (I hope!) below:

/* Categories specifics meta tags */

elseif ($id_category = self::getValue('id_category'))

{

$row = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getRow('

SELECT `name`, `meta_title`, `meta_description`, `meta_keywords`, `description`

FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang`

WHERE id_lang = '.(int)($id_lang).' AND id_category = '.(int)($id_category));

if ($row)

{

if (empty($row['meta_description']))

$row['meta_description'] = strip_tags($row['description']);

return self::completeMetaTags($row, $row['name']);

}

}

Yikes, I still haven't gone to bed - lol! I had already done the footer from before - it was pretty simple. It was the other stuff I was unsure about.

When I run a 'checker thingy' on my site, it says that the meta tags for my site title are 'presta' and 'shop', plus 'powered by prestashop' - obviously I need to change that! Plus the emails too. I'm hoping if I follow the instructions you provided, I should be able to get rid of it all. Have already downloaded Note ++ and intend to get stuck in, after I catch a few hours sleep! You can tell I'm on holiday, as I would usually be asleep at this time!!

I know this will be for another topic post, but if you have any advice on how to change the yucky pink and grey colours in the emails, that would be much appreciated!

A million thanks for all your help! Will catch up later....... :blink:

That is also easy open the html files in the emails folder and change each color to your choice I use an older html editor Homesite 5 that is a html editor with a preview tab not a what you see program.

example: <td align="left">Hi <strong style="color:#DB3484;">{firstname} {lastname}</strong>,</td>

change: <td align="left">Hi <strong style="color:blue;">{firstname} {lastname}</strong>,</td>

This would change the first and last names from pink to blue do this for each reference to a color and your done.

If you have a good paint shop program I use PSP 8 you can click on the color picker and get the web version of a color ie - #0000C0 (blue).

However for most standard colors the proper name works just fine.

Another note on editing I see alot of references to download to your computer, I use Cuteftp 8 and I can right click and choose edit, edit file then right click and choose save, do a ctrl-f5 in IE8 and see the results (for most changes).

If I dont like the change or it was not what I expected I can simply click the undo button right click and save again and all is back to where I started.

Much easier th make text color changes or font size changes without all the downloading and uploading.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Sorry for delay in updating you! Just wanted to let you know that all Prestashop refs have been removed, thanks to the super link you posted - very easy to follow - even for me!

I was worried about messing everything up, but once again, the instructions given were very easy to follow and I now have nicely coloured email, which match my shop theme!

Thank you so much for all your help - it's been greatly appreciated and 'liked' of course!

Hope you're currently celebrating 2012 - wishing you and yours health, wealth and happiness - may all your dreams come true! :P

Thanks again! :D

• Like 1

Just a further quick one - I have run the website analysis tool and it's still telling me that my meta title is 'Powered by Prestashop' and that the meta keywords are shop and Presta. I really want to change these, as I am sure they are not helping with SEO. Where can I find these areas to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated! x

I'm attaching a screen shot, so you can see what I am being told.....

metakeywords.png

Ta, again,

Wendy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't try to delete powered by prestashop, I bought a theme from monster, I ask to them and they say exactly what you are saying on this topic, but I do it, I delete manually cache and via backoffice, but nothing happened.

Please any advice... :angry:

I use 1.4.8.2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...