[SOLVED] Modules positions - pulldown lists greyed out and not active

Hi there,

I am new to Presta but having used Virtuemat quite a bit am really liking it.

I am trying to move modules around the page and when I go to modules -> position I can click on edit next to a module to 'Transplant' it, however the pulldown lists for position are not active and I can not use them.

I tried in FF and IE.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I am trying to move the Newsletter Block

I have gone through Back Office >> Modules >> Positions >> Transplant a Module

In the transplant a module section I can see an option:

Left column blocks - 1 module
Newsletter block v1.4
Adds a block for newsletter subscription

This has edit and delete buttons beside it.
When I click edit I get:

Transplant a moduleModule :

Please specify those files in which you do not want the module to be displayed.
These files are located in your base directory, e.g., identity.php.
Please type each filename separated by a comma.

The first two options (dropdowns) above are greyed out, so I cannot move the block?
Have you any idea what I may have done wrong?

Many Thanks,
Anthony

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used this thread to overcome the issue with transplanting a module as mine were greyed out as well.

However, after following the instructions here to successfully transplant a module I now have two carts showing. One on the left and one on the right.

I used the cart to try but can someone tell me when you transplant a module, how you actually remove the old one that isn't where you want it anymore.

Transplanting a module this way is not moving it but just copying it and leaves me with two of them and the one I don't want is always there by default.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just beginning to use Prestashop, I chose to do a simple install as I had read in one of the posts related to theming prestashop, I wanted to install the modules that I would like to use and then go ahead and plan the theme design. I was able to install the modules correctly , the first module that I installed is the horizontal nav bar, that installed and automatically appeared on the blank prestashopfront, but for some reasons I am unable to see the up and down arrows for positioning the modules. Attaching the screenshot.

Thanks!!

27844_IlVUR8XSrAdndZYTFUuF_t

• 1 month later...

I am trying to move modules around the page and when I go to modules -> position I can click on edit next to a module to 'Transplant' it, however the pulldown lists for position are not active and I can not use them.

I tried in FF and IE.

sorry but I don't think anyone answered Staple's question.
I too had this problem- the drop down menus on the "transplant" page were inactive.
I was using windows FireFox (3.5.11)
I tore a lot of hair out before I discovered when i opened the page in Windows IE the menus finally worked.

Is it a bug??

Staple, perhaps you need to keep trying different browsers until one works... try the most recent version of IE

• 4 weeks later...

I tried in FF and IE.

I too had this problem- the drop down menus on the "transplant" page were inactive.
I tore a lot of hair out before I discovered when i opened the page in Windows IE the menus finally worked.

Is it a bug??

Staple, perhaps you need to keep trying different browsers until one works... try the most recent version of IE

I used the instructions for transplanting the modules and it work just fine... even he said it work for his site... you should try it!
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I tried in FF and IE.

Is it a bug??

Same thing happens to me, the fields are gray under 4 different browsers Safari, FF, Chrome, Opera. I am on a mac and don't have IE..

Can this be a permissions issue ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Same thing happens to me, the fields are gray under 4 different browsers Safari, FF, Chrome, Opera. I am on a mac and don't have IE..

Can this be a permissions issue ?

Any news on this, I'm having the same problem on a mac, none of the browsers (safari, ff, chrome) I've tried work, the drop-down lists are all greyed out. Is this a browser issue or a permissions issue on the directories?

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...