Home Text Editor not working after upgrade

Just upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4.1 which for once went fairly smoothly - mostly. However I can't for the life of me get the home text editor module to work properly now. It uploads the company logo but will not accept any text, even though it says "Setting updated successfully" every time. The text will not appear on the front page or the back office after clicking the update button.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the module which throws an error every time, even though it seems to work. I have tried disabling and re-enabling it. I've reuploaded the Editorial module. I've checked the permissions on the Modules and Editorial module folders and they are set at 0755 and I've tried playing with the cache settings in the back office but nothing works.

Anyone know what the fix is?

Thanks,

Andy

www.thunderbirdmodels.co.uk

I have the same problem... after an upgrade, this module stopped working on updating the text... only the logo.

PS. Create a clean PS install... export ps_editorial and ps_editorial_lang... import into the new db. Those are created if your old module had editorial.xml in the directory... and while upgrading .. it creates those automatically.

• 3 weeks later...

Just upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4.1 which for once went fairly smoothly - mostly. However I can't for the life of me get the home text editor module to work properly now. It uploads the company logo but will not accept any text, even though it says "Setting updated successfully" every time. The text will not appear on the front page or the back office after clicking the update button.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the module which throws an error every time, even though it seems to work. I have tried disabling and re-enabling it. I've reuploaded the Editorial module. I've checked the permissions on the Modules and Editorial module folders and they are set at 0755 and I've tried playing with the cache settings in the back office but nothing works.

Anyone know what the fix is?

Thanks,

Andy

www.thunderbirdmodels.co.uk

Resetting the Home Text Editor module fixed issue for me. It populated it with Lorem Ipsum and after that I could edit and save again : )

• 1 month later...

I've tried absolutely everything and I still can't get it to work. I've changed every file and folder even remotely connected with this module to 777, no joy. I tried disabling FS Cache, nothing. I enabled Force Compile, nope. I reset the Home Text Editor and it threw an error saying "Module cannot be uninstalled", though it did it anyway. I reinstalled it and it threw the "Module cannot be installed" error, but it still reinstalled it! This is driving me mad...!

I'm completely stumped. Any other ideas gratefully accepted!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having issues with the Home Text Editor too.

I'm trying to change the default images in the Design Furniture theme... so I click browse and select the new image, click upload, It give me a message saying everything was successful; and nothing has changed.

I'm using version 1.4.5.1 with the Design Furniture theme and am completely new to Prestashop... why won't it just work?!?!

Thanks for the response. I do have a modules/editorial folder within my theme, at the moment the only things in there are 'editorial.css' and 'index.php'. Do you mean I should move all the other xml, php & tpl files out of the main modules/editorial folder to the one within my theme, or just certain ones?

Thanks,

Andy

No, and actually now that I look the modules folder within the theme is in the css folder, as in: mytheme/css/modules/editorial. The rootfolder/modules/editorial folder has the tpl file in it. I've tried moving all the files in that folder into my theme but it still doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem after upgrading from 1.2.5 to 1.4.7. I am using Chrome, I have tried different browsers but no result.I have uninstalled and re-installed home text editor module on the BO, reset it, enable and disable but still the same problem.I can not use formatting tools at the Product description page. If I bold a text, it does't appear as bold in the FO, I can not format a text the way I want it.

Any idea please?

• 4 weeks later...