[SOLVED] How Can I Get My Website Listed In The Search Engines

simpson7647

hi all, i had my website mostly set up some months ago 4-6 and it wasn't live although was listed in google and ranked.

I've now started to complete the site and its not listed in google at all.

How can i get it listed in the different search engines please?

many thanks

you need to post you site to all the search engines let them know your site is there. And also you can try to get some back links from some other site. It should be index soon. But for page ranking, it will take time. Maybe it will never get ranked if they don't think your site is good enough.

you need to post you site to all the search engines let them know your site is there. And also you can try to get some back links from some other site. It should be index soon. But for page ranking, it will take time. Maybe it will never get ranked if they don't think your site is good enough.

thanks for the reply.

It was ranked veyr highly for certain keywords when i first started it.

in the top 3/5 for some.

now when i search those keywords, my website is no where.

How would i go about posting it to all search engines please?

thanks

in the top 3/5 for some.

if you site has been indexed before, it means the engines know your site already, you don't need to post again.

By the way, all search engines has a link for you to post your site.Just Ggoole it.

There are also paid 3rd party tools there to use.

Mayb there are some other website have the keywords, the engine their are better than yours, that's put your at end of list.

Please also check if there is errors occurs on your site.

in the top 3/5 for some.

if you site has been indexed before, it means the engines know your site already, you don't need to post again.

By the way, all search engines has a link for you to post your site.Just Ggoole it.

There are also paid 3rd party tools there to use.

Mayb there are some other website have the keywords, the engine their are better than yours, that's put your at end of list.

Please also check if there is errors occurs on your site.

okay thankyou,

i think ill finish it and then work for them on.

Also need to finish off all the metatags as there not completely done.

thanks

Hi,

You probably have done this already, but I find http://www.google.com/webmasters/ helpful! It go through a step by step as to how to get everything listed, and shows where there are errors on your site in terms of metadescriptions/tags and so on. Also loads of useful articles. As for the other engines, I just went to each of them and searched for a submissions page and followed the instructions - slow but at least you know its done!

Hi,

You probably have done this already, but I find http://www.google.com/webmasters/ helpful! It go through a step by step as to how to get everything listed, and shows where there are errors on your site in terms of metadescriptions/tags and so on. Also loads of useful articles. As for the other engines, I just went to each of them and searched for a submissions page and followed the instructions - slow but at least you know its done!

Many thanks for that, ill give it all a go :)

does updating your website regulary make the search engines happy as i think this is why i was listed so highly before, as its when i started my website (adding lots of content)

Its now no where on google so is this because nothing has really been updated on it apart from images?

thanks

does updating your website regulary make the search engines happy

Yes, definitely it is. But it also depends on the contents.

If the contents is just duplication of others, it may not have the effect.

for example, if you have a product reviews function at your website, and you got new product reviews frequently, it is also a good new contents to your website.

Actually I have a product reviews/rating module(sorry it is not free), it has a good feature that list latest reviews on the home page. It also have good effect. Because engine most care of the your home page. You can have look at following thread if you are interested.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/115506/

does updating your website regulary make the search engines happy

Yes, definitely it is. But it also depends on the contents.

If the contents is just duplication of others, it may not have the effect.

for example, if you have a product reviews function at your website, and you got new product reviews frequently, it is also a good new contents to your website.

Actually I have a product reviews/rating module(sorry it is not free), it has a good feature that list latest reviews on the home page. It also have good effect. Because engine most care of the your home page. You can have look at following thread if you are interested.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/115506/

thanks for the reply and ill look at that def :)

Does adding images to a website etc have the same effect as adding text?

thanks

I think it will. But most cases it will shows up when someone search images.

And you need add some tags and description for images. Also put a meaning name/title for images.

I think it will. But most cases it will shows up when someone search images.

And you need add some tags and description for images. Also put a meaning name/title for images.

thanks

yeah ive named the image my company name and what it is, although has the company name in the image.

So best thing to do is to finish website, add all meta tags (as i dont seem to have many) and then tell all search engines about website and see where that gets me?

thanks

first, I checked your site, it is under maintenance mode. there is only one page is visible to public, which is the maintenance page.

I Googled your site at "www.protectandenhance.co.uk", there are two linked appears, one is from this forum, another one is your site maintenance page.

I would like put the screenshot of search result, but I have used all mu attachment quotas. So I just put the text here for your reference.

PrestaShop Integration Looking to enlarge my website width ways ...
   www.prestashop.com › Forum › English Forum › Integration - Cached
   16 posts - 4 authors - Last post: 20 Jan
   If you eneable your shop at http://www.protectandenhance.co.uk so I can view the source I might be able to give you some more hints but for ...
   ►
   Coloured Fog Light Film - ProtectAndEnhance
   www.protectandenhance.co.uk/category.php?id_category... - Cached
   Welcome, Log in · Cart: 0 product products (empty); Your Account. Tags. Clear Protective Bonnet Bra. Catergories. Smoked Head Light Film · Smoked Rear Light ...

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 2 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

first, I checked your site, it is under maintenance mode. there is only one page is visible to public, which is the maintenance page.

I Googled your site at "www.protectandenhance.co.uk", there are two linked appears, one is from this forum, another one is your site maintenance page.

I would like put the screenshot of search result, but I have used all mu attachment quotas. So I just put the text here for your reference.

If you eneable your shop at http://www.protectandenhance.co.uk so I can view the source I might be able to give you some more hints but for ...
   ►
   Welcome, Log in · Cart: 0 product products (empty); Your Account. Tags. Clear Protective Bonnet Bra. Catergories. Smoked Head Light Film · Smoked Rear Light ...

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 2 already displayed.

Thank you for that reply :)

So my website is only on google for this site and the home page?

Why is this?

Because it's not live?

what can i do to correct all this?

thanks

►

Thank you for that reply :)

So my website is only on google for this site and the home page?

Why is this?

Because it's not live?

what can i do to correct all this?

thanks

Go into the Back Office, then in the Preference tab select 'Enable Shop'.

• Like 1

is that why?

because its not live?

thanks

Yes, that seems to be the issue.

Just check you have 'Enable Shop' ticked in the back office. If it's already ticked then it could be a different problem (although I don't know what).

Hi simpson,

Personally, I would actually say that you probably don't want your website to show up in search results UNTIL the site and the store are live. This is because if someone is searching your keywords and pulls up your site only to see that it is not yet online, they will probably be less likely to come back to it, and even if the site is live, they might opt for a page they know to be functional.

Once its live, you absolutely want to make sure to keep up with your SEO efforts, but a bad first impression can hurt your business if visitors come to your site looking to buy only to see that they can't.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi simpson,

Personally, I would actually say that you probably don't want your website to show up in search results UNTIL the site and the store are live. This is because if someone is searching your keywords and pulls up your site only to see that it is not yet online, they will probably be less likely to come back to it, and even if the site is live, they might opt for a page they know to be functional.

Once its live, you absolutely want to make sure to keep up with your SEO efforts, but a bad first impression can hurt your business if visitors come to your site looking to buy only to see that they can't.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Thank you mike for the reply and I totally agree :)

Although is this why it's not showing up? because its not live?

because if not, i need to know why really so i can correct it once website is live.

thanks

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you without looking at your back office settings for myself, but for now, I would suggest that you finish building out your store to prepare it for launch, enable the page and submit it to the search engines, and give it a little bit of time to gather results.

It won't be instant, but if you're still not showing up once you've got the store up and running, definitely check back here with more details and we should be able to help you fix it.

-Mike

thanks for the reply.

in the top 3/5 for some.

thanks

have you tried the searching term " site:www.yourdomain.com " on google ?? that will bring up your site pages that are indexed with google arleady ...

as someone has already mentioned aswell google webmaster tools is another way to list your pages with google .. the 'sitemap' submission within the tools is probably the best approach to list all your pages.

about your ranking for your keywords that you had 3/5 ?? when was that ? how long ago ?? things change daily ... :)

Hi,

does updating your website regulary make the search engines happy as i think this is why i was listed so highly before, as its when i started my website (adding lots of content)

Its now no where on google so is this because nothing has really been updated on it apart from images?

thanks

Fresh content is always good content .. well sometimes anyway .. :)

thanks for the reply.

in the top 3/5 for some.

thanks

have you tried the searching term " site:www.yourdomain.com " on google ?? that will bring up your site pages that are indexed with google arleady ...

as someone has already mentioned aswell google webmaster tools is another way to list your pages with google .. the 'sitemap' submission within the tools is probably the best approach to list all your pages.

about your ranking for your keywords that you had 3/5 ?? when was that ? how long ago ?? things change daily ... :)

Thanks for the reply.

Yea ive searched my domain which is www.protectandenhance.co.uk and its no where to be seen.

I'll give google webmaster a go i think but it looks like you have to add a script to every page or something? Or was that just for tracking?

Yeah the ranking was like 6 months ago so it's probably because no one has been on the site for such a long time as its not been up haha.

So i guess if i finish the site, update the content and then finally live it, hopefully should go on from there?

thanks

Hi,

thanks

Fresh content is always good content .. well sometimes anyway .. :)

Agreed :)

Many thanks :)

Hi Simpson,

If you want your website to be Panda friendly and thus have a better chance to be indexed, you really do want to make sure you're providing fresh, original content. This means that you should not copy and paste content from other sites and should work to create new content with high quality value.

If your content is original and of value to those who might be searching for you, you'll have a much easier time getting indexed by Google and climbing the search ranks!

-Mike

Hi Simpson,

If you want your website to be Panda friendly and thus have a better chance to be indexed, you really do want to make sure you're providing fresh, original content. This means that you should not copy and paste content from other sites and should work to create new content with high quality value.

If your content is original and of value to those who might be searching for you, you'll have a much easier time getting indexed by Google and climbing the search ranks!

-Mike

thankyou,

all the info on my site is my own and none is copied.

I hope once i complete the site and live it, the search engines will pick it up :)

Hi Simpson,

-Mike

thankyou,

I hope once i complete the site and live it, the search engines will pick it up :)

Hi Simpson,

As long as the content is yours and doesn't try to cover too many topics at once, you should be fine. Good luck!

-Mike

Hi Simpson,

-Mike

thankyou,

Hi Simpson,

As long as the content is yours and doesn't try to cover too many topics at once, you should be fine. Good luck!

-Mike

Many thanks! :)