where to edit instant checkout

Thanks Marty for your replay, i found the file but i am still little bit confused...

in the file there are many places where is title and date of birth
i didnt figure out witch one is for the instant checkout (all the forms contained password field but when i look the instant checkout there isnt that kind of field)

No problem. Simply remove the following code (from lines 120 to 126).

{l s='Title'}
                   <input type="radio" name="id_gender" id="id_gender1" value="1" {if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.id_gender == 1}checked="checked"{/if} />
{l s='Mr.'}
                   <input type="radio" name="id_gender" id="id_gender2" value="2" {if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.id_gender == 2}checked="checked"{/if} />
{l s='Ms.'}

That should do it for you. This will remove the gender titles. Just look right below this to remove the birthday.

Marty Shue

raxsix,
Then go to Performance (in the sub-menu below the tabs).

Under the heading Smarty choose the following options:
Force compile: Yes
Cache: No

Some more info here if needed: http://prestanotes.com/2011/05/changes-to-theme-tpl-files-in-prestashop-1-4-not-showing/

Re-posting what I literally just posted in another thread, looks like a lot of people have this issue! Maybe some back office message/explanation would be useful in a future release for people not aware of the theme caching?

It may be your browser's local cache, try pressing ctrl+f5 to force a complete refresh in your browser (Assuming you're on Windows).

Otherwise it could just be something overlooked like was it definitely the theme in use that you edited? Did you upload the file after editing? I know I've done both of those before!

Mark

Marty, this is obviously a hot topic! I have a similar issue you might be able to help me with.

I want to:
1. Remove the Mr/Mrs and Date of Birth from the register form.
I have removed the text within the identity.tpl, authentication.tpl and order-opc-new-account.tpl, uploaded the files, force compiled with no cache, refreshed my browser but still the fields appear. I must be missing something?

2. Enable instant checkout
I've activated the 'guest checkout' which only asks for email, name, one address line, city and country. But when the form is submitted it comes back with two errors:
There are 2 errors :
You must register at least one phone number
mobile phone is required.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I like to edit the required fields also.

I enabled the one page checkout and the guest checkout. If somebody choose the guest checkout I need his name, surename and e-Mail-address. The other fields should not be shown.

I'm using the default prestashop theme.

What do I have to do?

Please help!

I'm interested in doing this also.

To reduce clutter it makes sense to not have the title or date of birth fields show at all on guest checkout.

After all if they're not registering for an account, why would we need this information anyway?

I think it uses the same fields for both new accounts and guest checkout, so not a simple case of deleting or even hiding the fields for guest checkout as it will affect the new account form aswell!?

• 1 month later...

Try to go to your control panel, go to tools >smarty>compile and delete all files there. Do the same for cache.

Reload your page and check if it works.

Module Clear Smarty from catalogo-onlinersi.com.ar is worked for me and I'm using it a lot. It's free.

T.

• 8 months later...

I need a custom form for checkout:

I want a "Instant Checkout" form with only this information:

First name:

Last Name:

Company : (optional)

Adress:

Zip code: (optional ! NOT REQUIRED)

Phone:

Additional info: ( optional)

Confirmation

is this posible? I managed to delete the spaces in php files, but don't know how to change the required condition.

I need a custom form for checkout:

I want a "Instant Checkout" form with only this information:

First name:

Last Name:

Company : (optional)

Adress:

Zip code: (optional ! NOT REQUIRED)

Phone:

Additional info: ( optional)

Confirmation

is this posible? I managed to delete the spaces in php files, but don't know how to change the required condition.

In the authentication.tpl change the class to text instead of required text for the fields you want to be optional.

It will look something like this:

<p class="required text">

<label for="firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>

Change it to this:

<p class="text">

<label for="firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>

Note that their are multiple entries for some of the fields so you will have to change the correct one or both.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Is this problem already solved?

I encountered the exact same problem. I don´t want the Gender, date of birth and or even tax number/dni visible for fast check out. I deleted the concerning code in the tpl. file, yet nothing changed.

Followed the steps in the admin pannel as well. Changing the performance settings as mentioned.

Hope someone can help me with it please

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...