how to export all products (so import into other prestashop?)

You have to use PhpMyadmin to export the DB from your first site - zipped or gzipped - choose your option from there if you like to insert, update or replace the data into the new one.

read this
read this

The problems will begin when you try to login into backoffice - a cookie problem i think.

The img with your products are located in presta/img/p but you can replace the entire folder into the new site.

• 2 weeks later...

Well you are going to need to have categories so the tables categroy, category_lang and category_product would be needed.

If you have attributes then the 5 attribute tables will be needed.

You will need the 3 image tables so your products have the images linked to them.

and finally you will need all 7 of the product tables.

• Like 2

ok i dropped all those tables from the wholesale site sql (the one i want to copy files TO), and imported the ones from the regular site. now in the backend, all the categories copied but the products did not... i coped the images to it, but i cant see why the products aren't appearing...

i definitley think an "export" products button in admin would make this much easier, especially considering saving product tables from mysql to .csv don't do it in the right format, and copying through sql format doesn't seem to copy them into the store.. unless i did something wrong, which i probably did....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, an Export capability would be so DOS and Win 1.0.

I've sold many Point of Sale programs that include it.

If you can Import the file, why can't you Export in exactly the same format?

Why making it more difficult than it needs to be?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have figured out the files to export/import:
categories x 3 files
products x 11 files
images x 3 files
accessory x 1 file

just export the relevant files (you need to highlight all files for each transfer) then import the files back.

i.e save files as ps_categories.sql, ps_products.sql,ps_images.sql etc

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Why should someone use the module from Presta-Changeo, if he can get a really cool tool called "MySQLDumper"? :)
http://www.mysqldumper.net/

For FREE! :)

PhpMyadmin is also free, and does not require any installation (which was my first suggestion).

However, some people rather use a module, which comes with free support... also, the module is meant for automatically backuping up you shop, moving products from site to site is only a small part which it can help with.

Not everyone is that engaged with PHPmyadmin. And not everyone is a programming-geek.
Prestashop fails at least trying to be customer-friendly.

After all, the greatest fail actually is, that there is just a hand-over to import products - not to export them.
Normally, this should be a dual-taken way. No idea why PS doesn't implemented it yet.

And: MySQLdumper does also cronjobs to auto-backup and auto-move/-update products, when setted.

So what? Just another easy way to make fast money. Bravo.

And no, I'm not a freeloader. I certainly do purchase modules, if they are worth. But its the same like the 0815-"dm-Themes". $40 dollar for a color-changed crap. Sorry, but no. Then I prefer that those guys who offer that, really create an impressive Theme, which costs $100+.

I like prestashop a lot, because it is in my eyes the most customizable CMS actually. But there are still a lot of things which need to be improved. I also think that PS 1.4 isn't finished yet.

And - finally: Prestashop and Support are two different worlds.

• Like 3