Can't create sub domain in the multi shop feature

33 minutes ago, ComGrafPL said:

Well, you can't do it on prestashop panel. Here you can add subdomain url for the multistore. But before that, you need to create in hosting panel.

So what do i have to do? I don't know yet. Is there a link for guidance. I got a link from the other thread and i followed but it does not work.

44 minutes ago, caffe663 said:

What did I do wrong. How can I create a sub domain?

Read about hosting, read the help files of your hosting. Abilities of CPanel, Plesk etc.

Get some help, if you try to accomplish everything yourself you end up with nothing.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickz said:

Read about hosting, read the help files of your hosting. Abilities of CPanel, Plesk etc.

Get some help, if you try to accomplish everything yourself you end up with nothing.

The thing is i followed the guide on the youtube and the guide on the other thread but it does not work. I am trying to get some helps 😅.

3 minutes ago, caffe663 said:

The thing is i followed the guide on the youtube and the guide on the other thread but it does not work.

A few questions:

You do an E-commerce because you watched a YT Video?

What good will it do even if you can get it going? No one except you and your friends will see your shop. Why do you want a subdomain?

1 minute ago, Nickz said:

A few questions:

You do an E-commerce because you watched a YT Video?

What good will it do even if you can get it going? No one except you and your friends will see your shop. Why do you want a subdomain?

1. This is a shop i sell thing on it?
2. It runs good in our place so i want to open another shop which has the name of the place before it.
And i followed this document but it does not work 
https://docs.prestashop-project.org/1.7-documentation/user-guide/managing-multiple-stores/multistore-interface/setting-store-url

10 minutes ago, caffe663 said:

It runs good in our place so i want to open another shop which has the name of the place before it.

If it runs good that build from it. A domain cost some 12 to 15 $ and having two (2) shops on one domain brings a cheap hosting to its knees.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickz said:

If it runs good that build from it. A domain cost some 12 to 15 $ and having to shops on one domain brings a cheap hosting to its knees.

I got another host too. I asked on other thread if i can copy all the content to the other site. Because i want the same content on both shop. And i was advised to use the multistore feature. He says it would be much more easier and better for me.

Just now, caffe663 said:

Thank you ComGrafPL. Im trying this. Thank you a lot.

But as @Nickz said, better use another domain for multistore instead of subdomain. Subdomain is good for testing modules, themes etc. For second store is better to have second domain.

PS: Don't forget to like / thanks for His posts.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 15-05-04 Can't create sub domain in the multi shop feature.png

2 minutes ago, ComGrafPL said:

But as @Nickz said, better use another domain for multistore instead of subdomain. Subdomain is good for testing modules, themes etc. For second store is better to have second domain.

PS: Don't forget to like / thanks for His posts.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 15-05-04 Can't create sub domain in the multi shop feature.png

So i should use another host for the other store instead of using the sub domain feature?

35 minutes ago, caffe663 said:

I got another host too. I asked on other thread if i can copy all the content to the other site. Because i want the same content on both shop. And i was advised to use the multistore feature. He says it would be much more easier and better for me.

Hello Caffe663,

bad practice!!If you do this you will be penalized by search engines algo's....sometime it can happen to have similar content on different domain but a "mirror" of your site with a different domain is duplicated content.

If you want to improve your seo at local level..work on Local Seo but on main domain!!! simple as that.

just my 2 cents

Fabrizio

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fabry said:

Hello Caffe663,

bad practice!!If you do this you will be penalized by search engines algo's....sometime it can happen to have similar content on different domain but a "mirror" of your site with a different domain is duplicated content.

If you want to improve your seo at local level..work on Local Seo but on main domain!!! simple as that.

just my 2 cents

Fabrizio

I will change some stuff in the second domain. Thank you for the advice Fabrizio.

Edited by caffe663 (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Nickz said:

What is rude on my guess that you are over your head? It happens also to me once in a while. Only thru recognition we get better. 

Ok nevermind you was just helping maybe it's that im sensitive. Sorry for saying you rude.

maybe this was answered, 

you have to be able to alias/park subdomain to the main domain.  it is not generally possible to alias a sub to sub, though we have linux person that knows how loool.

hey mom look what we did!  Here is a multishop module that does not require native ps multishop,  written way back in 1.4...still rocking it.

https://prestaheroes.com/products/prestashop-multistore-multishop-pro?variant=40653348012239

world your  welcome