Product Comments

Peter.31

I would not worry about it at this time.  In screen shot you only have demo data.

rather than worry about comments, concentrate on building a catalog of products, shipping and checkout.

then get a quality theme that has core features you want and has capability to include more feature.

stop design, build functioning catalog, you will never make the default theme pretty or extend it's features....

On the picture above is only the demo version of PrestaShop front office. My eshop is fully online a few months and now I need to fix this problem.

The module "Product Comments" by PrestaShop does not work properly because comments are visible at the end of product page. Comments should be visible together with a describtion and product details tabs. 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:15 PM, Peter.31 said:

On the picture above is only the demo version of PrestaShop front office. My eshop is fully online a few months and now I need to fix this problem.

The module "Product Comments" by PrestaShop does not work properly because comments are visible at the end of product page. Comments should be visible together with a describtion and product details tabs. 

Can you show link to your store?

Hi,

Use this code in your module but before using this code you need to register this hook in your module.

$this->registerHook('displayProductExtraContent');

public function hookDisplayProductExtraContent($params)
{
$array = array();
$array[] = (new PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Product\ProductExtraContent())
->setTitle('tittle')
->setContent('content');
return $array;
}

1 hour ago, uzishabab said:

Hi,

Use this code in your module but before using this code you need to register this hook in your module.

$this->registerHook('displayProductExtraContent');

{
$array = array();
->setTitle('tittle')
->setContent('content');
return $array;
}

Where exactly should I insert the code?

{
$array = array();
->setTitle('tittle')
->setContent('content');
return $array;
}

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Peter.31 said:

On which line am I supposed to add that code?

Are you developer ? You need to customize this code according to your need . You need to add this inside the class. If you are not able to do this let us know in private . thanks

1 minute ago, Peter.31 said:

Thanks for editing the file, but it doesn't work. After updating the file, the product web page crashes. A white page with the words "Write your review" will appear.

image.png

Enable debug mode and send me screenshot

@Peter.31

I have modify the file you can now play here is the final output

{
        $pro = $params['product'];

$id_lang = $this->context->language->id;

// Load Product object
        $id_product = $pro->id;
        $product = new Product($id_product, false, $id_lang);

/** @var ProductCommentRepository $productCommentRepository */
        $productCommentRepository = $this->context->controller->getContainer()->get('product_comment_repository');

$averageGrade = $productCommentRepository->getAverageGrade($id_product, Configuration::get('PRODUCT_COMMENTS_MODERATE'));
        $commentsNb = $productCommentRepository->getCommentsNumber($id_product, Configuration::get('PRODUCT_COMMENTS_MODERATE'));
        $isPostAllowed = $productCommentRepository->isPostAllowed($id_product, (int) $this->context->cookie->id_customer, (int) $this->context->cookie->id_guest);

$this->context->smarty->assign(array(
            'post_allowed' => $isPostAllowed,
            'usefulness_enabled' => Configuration::get('PRODUCT_COMMENTS_USEFULNESS'),
            'average_grade' => $averageGrade,
            'nb_comments' => $commentsNb,
            'list_comments_url' => $this->context->link->getModuleLink('productcomments', 'ListComments', ['id_product' => $id_product]),
            'update_comment_usefulness_url' => $this->context->link->getModuleLink('productcomments', 'UpdateCommentUsefulness'),
            'report_comment_url' => $this->context->link->getModuleLink('productcomments', 'ReportComment'),
        ));

$content = $this->context->smarty->fetch('module:productcomments/views/templates/hook/product-comments-list.tpl');

$array = array();
                ->setTitle('Comments (0)')
                ->setContent($content);
        return $array;
    }

Now need some fine tune

Thank you

product-tab-comment.png

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Thanks, @SmartDataSoft. I've been fighting this 💩 whole day. It did load but also generated a ton of errors in the log about undefined index 'product' or using private methods. Your code finaly works as expected. You're a savior! ❤

...at least it's a good start. Unfortunately modal doesn't load. Reviews show inside product tabs, but are unsuable :(

How can I use these freakin'

{widget}

thing? 😡

Edited by Sharak (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

@Sharak You need to edit one more line(918) in productcomments.php to fix your problem.

public function hookDisplayFooterProduct($params)
    {
        return $this->renderProductCommentsList($params['product']) . $this->renderProductCommentModal($params['product']);
    }

This is hook which displays old product comment section and modal. We only want to disable the duplicate comment section and not touch the modal, so the final version should look like this:

public function hookDisplayFooterProduct($params)
    {
        return $this->renderProductCommentModal($params['product']);
    }

This modification should keep the modal and allow to add new comments. I didn't test this solution extensively so let me know if it works.

Cheers