No downloads when not logged in

musicmaster

Question

When people are not logged in on the forum they can no longer download. I consider this a very serious problem.

It is made even worse as those people see a message that the file is not there - what suggests that I am responsible and not Prestashop.

Please fix this. This is not customer friendly.

4 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

Yes, that's right. But from what I know not since yesterday, but a long time ago. For me this option is a good thing. Bots will not be able anymore to index downloads and downloadlinks. I think it is purpose and from what I see, also usual practice on other forums.

I beg to disagree. The first time people visit the forum they will not yet have registered. And when they try to download some free software they will get the message that the software is not there. That is a lie and it makes me as provider of the software, the forum and Prestashop all look bad.

The absolute minimum would be to have a clear message that you need to login before you can download. Not the lie we see now.

I can't see what would be the problem when bots see the downloads.

• Like 1

It's true that you had no chance (at least not since I became a member) to download anything without signing up. But this stupid message that there is no download is new and totally confusing for newbies. It really makes no sense at all and should be modified asap.

It doesn't make sense that you can only download when logged in either. Such rules were designed in the 1990s when bandwidth was expensive and webpages were small. Keeping such rules in 2019 when the average webpage is bigger than any of the downloads on the forum is just ridiculous.