Installation of 1.4.0.8 freeze on last step

Hi,
I'm trying to install the Prestashop 1.4.0.8 version in my localhost, all is ok, but in the 4th step, after put all the info in the form "next" button doesn't work and no user was created.
In this step I can see the frontend but can't access to the backend, I try to update the default user passwd with a SQL UPDATE query in database but it doesn't work seems the user is not created.
The little checkbox at the bottom of Step 4 requesting notifications by email is unchecked. I test it with this box checked too but the result is the same.

¿have you the same problem? ¿do you know how can I solve it?

I use:

XAMPP for Windows Version 1.7.3
MySql database 5.1.41

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

I did not get the line 233 error but install still freezes at the same point, i did try the solution and it did not work.

The error i get is the following in my php error log.

http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/7005/

I had a quick look, could it be the xml parser that is not working properely. The language file (../localization) does not seem to be read correctely.

I have the same issue. Jiri's solution do not work for me.

I have this issue in all 1.4.0.x versions, now i test in beta 5

In log error

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/classes/LocalizationPack.php on line 240

Regards

• 1 month later...

1.4.0.17 also freezes at step 4 during installation.

I have set up my own SMTP at sted 3, and "Welcome to your new shop" mail appears in my inbox, but the stores frontend is empty (except the shoplogo).

Backend seems to work fine. But frontend is not :(

Si un jour tu traines sur ce forum et que tu rencontres les mêmes difficultés , envoies moi un message on fera l'installation en direct si tu as un compte Gmail ( sur le forum on ne peut pas adresser plus d'un message toutes les 30 secondes ) - A bientôt -

• 2 months later...

SOLUTION:
Before instalation set error_reporting=E_ERROR in your php.ini

/prestashop/install/xml/createDB.php

doesnt close correctly mysql result an PHP add warning into jquery.ajax return value:

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0

And success handler in of function createDB in controller.js file is not called.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had the same problem when installing version 1.4 AND 1.3. I have installed many prestashops on this server, and all of a sudden i had this error.

After trying about every single possibility, i noticed suddenly the installation worked.

Apparently the installation din't hang when i used different user info. I changed the first and last names to only the initials, the shop mail adress to a mail-adress not related to the domainname, and used a different password.

I don't exactly now wich of these changes did the trick. But i hope this info can help some of you with the same issues.

• 11 months later...

SOLUTION:

Before instalation set error_reporting=E_ERROR in your php.ini

/prestashop/install/xml/createDB.php

doesnt close correctly mysql result an PHP add warning into jquery.ajax return value:

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0

And success handler in of function createDB in controller.js file is not called.

How can we do it please?