Db backup problem

SVKpneux

Hello,

I don´t know, what happened with my e-shop. 2 days ago, backup of database worked. But now, there is some problem:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /web/htdocs2/.../home/www/eshop/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 91

I try to delete stastistics table from database, clear cache, change php version (from 5.5 to 5.6 and also try 7.0) but no success. Memory limit is 128M and my provider inform me, that is maximum, what can I have (shared server).

Can you help me please? My version is 1.6.0.9

Thank you very  much and sorry for my English.

Peter

14 hours ago, vekia said:

hello

you wrote that it is a "db backup problem" - you see this when you trying to build a database backup? or it is not related to any part of "backup" process?

Hello Vekia

Thank you for your reply. When I click to Create new backup (in BO - AdminBackup), result is error message ( Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted...)

I don´t know, what happened, few days ago, everything worked. I try delete statistic in db, db is smaller, but the result is also error message.

Thank you for your help.

Seems your database is too large. Before you make a back-up delete the content of temporary statistics tables. See post here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/400826-ps_connectionsps_connections_page-can-i-delete-all-of-the-records-in-these-table/

Take into consideraton to deinstall all stats module and use only Google Analytics.

OR

ask your provider for to upgrade your webspace and give you more memory and more space.

The error memory exhausted is not really related to the problem of big database, but a low memory_limit, max_execution_time and max_input_time set to your webspace.

See here the min requirements for to your webspace. https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633856-server-requirements-tested-in-production-for-ps-16/

You provider should adapt the values of memory_limit, max_execution_time, max_input_time and max_vars_input.

22 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

Seems your database is too large. Before you make a back-up delete the content of temporary statistics tables. See post here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/400826-ps_connectionsps_connections_page-can-i-delete-all-of-the-records-in-these-table/

Take into consideraton to deinstall all stats module and use only Google Analytics.

OR

ask your provider for to upgrade your webspace and give you more memory and more space.

The error memory exhausted is not really related to the problem of big database, but a low memory_limit, max_execution_time and max_input_time set to your webspace.

See here the min requirements for to your webspace. https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633856-server-requirements-tested-in-production-for-ps-16/

You provider should adapt the values of memory_limit, max_execution_time, max_input_time and max_vars_input.

All statistics module were deleted long time ago. I don´t understand, what happened, because I didn´t add products or something else. Backup db shows me error, but before (without any changes) it is work.

I checked my values from provider:

memory_limit - 128M

max_execution_time - 90

max_input_time - 90

max_input_vars - 10000

Info from my provider is that these values can´t be higher, because server is shared. Maybe this is the PROBLEM.

Now, I can backup my db only manualy from my db access.

Sorry for my English :)

With this values you will not have luck on a mid size shop (remember your shop is growing by each new customer and order). You should take into consideration as long term project to move to another provider, which gives you that what you need, i.e. grows with your page and is not restricting you.

17 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

With this values you will not have luck on a mid size shop (remember your shop is growing by each new customer and order). You should take into consideration as long term project to move to another provider, which gives you that what you need, i.e. grows with your page and is not restricting you.

I´m looking for different provider(s) in my country (Slovakia), but it is a big problem. None of them provide values like on page:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633856-server-requirements-tested-in-production-for-ps-16/

I don´t know, what will I do. Now, e-shop works fine, except problem of db backup. But, it is true, that loading pages is too slow.

Cloud is expensive for me, becouse my e-shop is smaller and profit is also smaller :)

Sorry for my English :)

37 minutes ago, tantan199 said:

Try increasing the value of memory_limit to 256M or 512M in the php.ini file. the best way is to use capnel > File manages to backup your store file, and use phpmyadmin to backup your database,

Hello tantan,

my e-shop runs on shared server, where memory_limit is 128M. My provider informed me, that this value can´t be higher (only for cloud). I don´t have access to php.ini file. I backup database from phpadmin. Sorry for my English :)