ps_connections/ps_connections_page - can I delete all of the records in these table?

Hi guys

These tables are taking up 13 megabyte of database storage and I would like to know the following:

1. what are these tables used for?

2. can I delete all of the records?

3. Is there a way to limit the number of records being kept?

I am using 1.6.0.9.

Thanks

Regards

Greg

Hi Greg, these tables are used for Statistics in the back office, and there are 3 ps_connection tables.  The most common action is to disable stats collection in Prestashop and use Google Analytics instead.

Alternatively if you use the stats in the BO, then you can safely purge the records in the 3 connection tables, however you will lose all of your stats.

You can refer to this thread for more details

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/295672-increase-the-speed-of-prestashop-by-diabling-stats/

personally i don't use default prestashop statistics

these stats can affect performance of the shop, especially when you will have a lot of visits

database will be really huge

i just emptied these tables totally and instead of official default stats use analytics from google, exactly as Bellini13 suggested above

• Like 1

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies and feedback.

When you say to disable stats, do you mean to simply disable the Datamining module or is there something else that needs to be turned off?

Vekia, I'm wanting to display the number of pages views for each product on the Front Office via the method you define in your tutorial (http://mypresta.eu/en/art/developer/product-page-visits-counter.html) and have it working except that the visit count is not correct. If I disable Datamining, I'm assuming that this will never work?

I have Google Analytics configured and working. Is there a way to programmatically connect to it to use to display the visit count on the Front Office for each product???

Thanks again guys.

Regards

Greg