India Rupee Symbol How to Add

You can't. PrestaShop only allows text as the currency symbol, not an image. Until it is added to the Unicode standard, you can't specify it as text. I think it would be difficult to modify PrestaShop to display an image for the currency. I suggest that you use wait for the symbol to become widely accepted.

July 16, 2010, 03:15 AM — IDG News Service —

Vendors of computers, mobile phones, and software say they will support the symbol for the Indian rupee that was approved by the Indian cabinet on Thursday.

But it may be over two years before the rupee symbol starts showing on computers and mobile phones, analysts said.

The time required to add the new rupee symbol to products does not depend on vendors at this point, but on the time it will take for the inclusion of the encoding in the Unicode Standard, Parappil said.

Once a new version of the standard, which has the code point for the rupee symbol, is released by the Unicode Consortium, Microsoft will start work to include it in the Windows operating system and other products, Parappil said. He did not specify the time it would take to include the changes. Users will not have to buy new software, but will likely receive downloadable updates to their existing software, he added.

If you Dont mind.. Can you explain me More ... i am New prestashop

Not exactly, rocky,
He can delete all currencies but the Rupee and then replace, in blockcurrencies.tpl:
{$f_currency.sign}

with his image, scaled down, of course,

I only use Dollar so I only have $ showing. I could do the same thing if I wanted.

First save your image of the rupee symbol to the img directory in your theme, then open blockcurrencies.tpl
in the modules/blockcurrencies directory in a text editor, notepad will do.
Find the text shown above and replace with an img tag containing the image tag that contains your rupee symbol.
Something like this should work:

However, be aware that the jpg you posted resized to 12 px height looks bad.
You need to get a much smaller version.

• 1 month later...

I somehow not getting it right in my system.
I replaced blockcurrencies.tpl as mentioned above and the line looks like

{}

It is still showing the symbol mentioned in the currencies configuration section (seems to be mandatory field).

I am using 1.3.1.
Please help.

Here the Code in my blockcurrency Module

Hope you Help me

<!-- Block currencies module -->
[removed][removed]

<form id="setCurrency" action="{$request_uri}" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="id_currency" id="id_currency" value=""/>
<input type="hidden" name="SubmitCurrency" value="" />

</form>

<!-- /Block currencies module -->
[/Quote]

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hello

I tried to copy and paste the code

<script src="http://cdn.webrupee.com/js" type="text/javascript"></script>

in the theme,header.tpl file

Also I changed the Rs currency in the currency module

But nothing works..

anything im doing wrong?

Id there any special place where i need to paste that code to get all the Rs symbols change to the new rupee symbol?

Thanks in advance

but nothing works

• 2 months later...

If you have a font which supports the new indian rupee symbol just press Ctrl-shift u20b9 and the symbol will appear. I use ubuntu linux which comes with the ubuntu font which supports this symbol. u20b9 is the unicode value for the rupee and any font which supports the value will work.

• 7 months later...

Hello Friend,

I am using prestashop 1.4.9 for my own my website, i am trying to added Rupee symbol but its not working for me. i did below step to doing this :

1. Add <script src="http://cdn.webrupee.com/js" type="text/javascript"></script> in themes -> mytheme -> header.tpl in head tag

<script src="http://cdn.webrupee.com/js" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>

2. I changes currency symbol Rs. from Currency tab in Back-office.

Thanks,

Seth

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...