Emails Being Blocked by GMAIL

Scotty501

Starting to see lots of order confirmations being rejected by GMAIL.  Anyone know why it suddenly does not like a pdf?

Error as below.

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Remote-MTA: dns; gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
 552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit
 552-5.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our
 552 5.7.0 message content and attachment content guidelines. f44si10827205wra.196 - gsmtp

Here the same problem. I think it does have to do with Prestashop.

Because there are only problems with e-mails that are sent from Prestashop to gmail accounts. And only if there is a pdf attached (like the invoice). Alle our other emails are handled fine.

We recently upgraded to Prestashop 1.7.2 and that was when this problems started.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem with customers complaining they did not receive the order confirmation. Gmail has a very strict spam policy. I don't know but perhaps there is a difference between php or smtp option to send emails. Personally I see often remarks from other webshop that advise customers to check their spam folder. I have also added this to the translation so that when the confirmation screen is shown that the order it accepted I advise customers to check their spam folder if the order confirmation is not in their INBOX.

Hyperlinks in the email might be a problem as well. I just upgrade from the old 1.4 to the new 1.7 version and saw that even the product description in the email(mailalert) is now an hyperlink so that customers can click and view the product they have ordered. The email address of the customers is also a hyperlink.

Can this be changed to delete the hyperlinks.

perhaps you guys should research with google support as to why their mail servers are treating your mail like spam.  i mean, they even provided you with a URL to their support

552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit
 552-5.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our
 552 5.7.0 message content and attachment content guidelines. f44si10827205wra.196 - gsmtp

Not black listed.

IS a general complaints that you hear a lot. Probably why Web Push Notifications are getting a more popular way to communicate with customers.

I have enabled SPF on the mailserver as well.

I think hyperlinks in email should be avoided as a lot of malware is spread using hyperlinks in messages. Why in the new PS version the product discriptions in emails are hypelinks I don't understand what the added value of this is.  If Google/Gmail thinks certain words in de product description are spam they will regard to whole email as spam..  And a lot of customers have Gmail.  Which emails to other domains I don't have the same problem.

If the hyperlinks link back to the same domain as the senders email domain it should not be regarded as spam but the fact that it has hyperlinks is enough for Gmail to put it in the spam box. Some gmail users don't even know they have a spam box and in the default theme you cannot see the spam box unless you click on "more" to see more folders.

• 4 months later...

The problem seems solved (anyway in our case):

Our hosting provider placed a missing SPF-record on our domain. Since then all mails to gmail addresses went fine.

The reason that we did not discover that earlier, was the fact that there were two domains involved. We missed that on a former investigation.

Edited by Matje (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello,
I have the same issue, PS version is 1.7.4.0
I removed all hyperlinks from the email templates (nankwire, order conf, order cancelled, payment and shipped) and still none of these are received by gmail recipients. The PS shop emails do have pdf attachments only. do not know what should be malicious with that.

I tested my order conf email with https://www.mail-tester.com/?lang=en

and got a score of 10/10, no issues found.

please advise / help.

Anyone please any idea how to solve this ?

Bastian