Cancel order= product back in stock

hi,

I have reed four a few evnings somewhere that prestashop has a function when you cancel or refund a order then the product should get back in stock. I cant find that the function is working in my shop and i can´t find the articel i was reading.

Dose anyone know a solution so when a order gets a status the products should gets back to stock!

Like it is now i can cancel a product but is´t get back to the stock.

• 2 months later...
You must change the status of an order to "Delivered", then a "Re-stock products" checkbox will appear on the order page. Tick that box before clicking the "Returns products" button.

hi rocky. interesting read. as I stumbled across the same issue. basically because I have returns disabled for various reasons, primarily since it interferes with German revocation laws unless you make huge changes. anyway, once an order is set to shipped I get the tick box to re-stock products. but obviously no 'return products' button. However, I would still like te use the re-stock option in case a customer revokes his order. any chanche someone knows whether this is possible? workaround would be to leave orders in 'shipped' status but I do not like this.

EDIT: would it be possible to tick the re-stock box and then cancel an order which was set to delivered before? Would that re-stock all associated products? sorry, cannot try this right now since away from my install PC... but if yes then it's degital, right? either the complete order or nothing but not specific line items of an order?

thx
phil

Yes, it is possible to set the status of an order to "Cancelled" after setting it to "Delivered", though the customer will see the "Delivered" status in their order history.

I know that. But how can I then re-stock the products? That is my real question. Any idea? Phil

Sounds too simple to be true. Will check this soon and report back.

EDIT: does not work. Once delivered I cannot get the items back - except manully. There is the tick box "re-stock products", I did tick it and then cancelled the order but the item was still sitting there like a fat duck.

Is there really NO way to get items automatically back in stock once an order as delivered when returns are disabled?!

Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

what a total joke.. I dont know about you guys but we have a policy where we deilver when we receive payment, but some people chose for wirepayment, were waiting 4 weeks, no payment but in the meantime those products were out of stock.. when I then cancel the order after numerous mails to the non paying customer without an answer the system should put the stock back, but it doesnt.. typiical prestashop.. had a system crash last weekend while trying to update.. really easy to do it says.. site fucked up and had to upload a backup to the ftp and replace the database.. took me 2 hours of my life to fix.. lots of things to improve on this system indeed

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...up...

Change the order status to "Delivered", then click the "Re-stock products" checkbox, then change the order status to "Cancelled".

Besides, ehm..., I just learned a few minutes ago that the status delivered is the prerequisite for the RMA process.

Yeah I know, that sounds for English speaking natives logically but you must know that the German translation (at least the one in our shop) says something like this: "successfully 'finished'/wrapped up".

Here, I am inclined to think, well, RMA time frame is over or something like that...Never thought about it originally is named in English "delivered". Grr.

Moreover, since 'shipped' is translated correctly more or less. When I am right English people say or at least the Prestashop does so:

shipped = packet has its stamp on it and is on its way to the customer

delivered= packet has received the customer (or vice versa^^)

Puh, another thing is, I had changed the 'shipped' status in a way the RMA process was possible, allthesame.

In a nuthsell:

Since I have now hundreds of statuses: SHIPPED

Can some one be so kind to give me SQL querry to change als SHIPPED orders to DELIVERED?

I have absolutely no clue of SQL and do not want to crash our productive live DB but it could be something like this?

UPDATE `ps_order_state` SET `delivered` =  `shipped`

Besides, I found a module that changes the status shipped to deliverd automatically after a given time. But that one is costy. So, if some one has a free solution or does already know where to find one...

thanks alot!

Edited by B.Köring (see edit history)

This exactly is the reason why the German translation distinguishes between "Versand" (shipping) and "Lieferung" (delivery). ;-)

Please ask your question in the German forum instead of complaining here. This would make it much easier to help you to get a better unterstanding of the status functionality and management in PrestaShop.

instead of complaining here.

Wasn't my intention and I don't see where I did that. I am asking for help and layed out why I had these problems. They were due to the German translation. And for the status in question (delivered that is translated as wrapped up) I had asked many times and never got an answer.

That aside, I would still like to know how I can mass-change the status in my DB.

thanks alot

Look, Boris, I think your problem isn't so much a question of mistranslation but rather of a mix-up of status meaning. And you should note of the fact that there's a difference in meaning of 'delivery' [what you call 'wrapped up'] and 'delivered', which is the expression the status tab uses.

Status 4 'shipping' is named 'Versendet' in German (Icon is a truck)

Status 5 'delivered' is named 'Erfolgreich abgeschlossen' in German. (Icon is a door)

Maybe this helps for a better understanding.

As your PrestaShop's online just about a few weeks I guess it's easier to modify the manageable amount of affected records in ps_order_state manually by replacing the '0' in field delivery with '1'.

The state 'shipped' should be untouched as I assume that a delivered parcel was shipped before. ;)

• Like 1