Prestashop is asking for copy of my ID.

Molya

I am web developer. Before submitting my module for Prestashop Marketplace I've got message:

"

For security reasons on Addons, we are checking the identity of Integration fund contributors. Please send a copy of your ID before we can proceed to the next steps. 

"

Is anybody else got same message?  There is nothing in General Terms and Conditions for Contributors about checking ID and sending copy of ID!!!  

I am web developer. Before submitting my module for Prestashop Marketplace I've got message:

Is anybody else got same message?  There is nothing in General Terms and Conditions for Contributors about checking ID and sending copy of ID!!!  

Hello Molya,

I've forwarded this thread to the dedicated team, I'll get back to you as soon as I get more information.

Antoine

Edit: answer from the dedicated team.

The integration fund is a relationship of trust between PrestaShop and a developer of modules who wish to participate. PrestaShop finances the development and ensures visibility in the country concerned for the launch of the module.

If there is no trust, it can't work. Recently, it seems that a contributor has used different identities to submit modules, rather than simply proposing to make a particular module for another country than his own so that the best solution can be decided together.

We are therefore constrained at this time to verify the identity of certain postulants. We want to work with confidence with the contributors who participate in this great program that allows e-merchants wherever they are to have the local functionalities necessary to create and succeed their online store.

Edited by Antoine F
Added answer. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

But if there is nobody else is doing the same module why it is does it matter. If there are other developer doing same module - just reject this developer and accept offer from other.

We can't accept multiple applications (with different identities) to promote the same module each time (and thus have access to more funds).

When I mention the module, I mean an exact copy (hence the identity check). If you would like more information, please contact the team in charge of the project directly (here)

Antoine

• 5 weeks later...

" We can't accept multiple applications (with different identities) to promote the same module each time (and thus have access to more funds)."

But if there is NOBODY is doing or proposing to make the module.  Why does it matter? So Prestashop would rather do not have module at all?

" We can't accept multiple applications (with different identities) to promote the same module each time (and thus have access to more funds)."

But if there is NOBODY is doing or proposing to make the module.  Why does it matter? So Prestashop would rather do not have module at all?

Well, if you want to create a module that isn't already on the local market, we'll accept it for sure (unless it's a copy of another module).

Just a quick reminder: the Integration Fund aims encouraging local developers to make local modules for their country. not for other countries.

As mentioned above, I suggest you contact the team here in charge of the program. They will provide you more precise information than me. :)

Antoine

Well, if you want to create a module that isn't already on the local market, we'll accept it for sure (unless it's a copy of another module).

Just a quick reminder: the Integration Fund aims encouraging local developers to make local modules for their country. not for other countries.

As mentioned above, I suggest you contact the team here in charge of the program. They will provide you more precise information than me. :)

Antoine

Well, some "find and replace" is enough to consider it different! -_-

what is your concern exactly with them verifying your identity.  you are not just submitting a module to the addons store, you are applying for the integration fund, and Prestashop is going to send you money for this

Anyone giving you money like a loan, is certainly going to ask you to prove your identity...