CSV image uploads issue

Derek.Floorsun

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help. I've spent a lot of time on trying to fix this and just can't seem to figure it out. 

I have a site with about 600 products that need images uploaded to them. I have tried a thousand different ways to upload a CSV file with the image paths, and failed every single time, always with the same error message. 

"[product name (ID: 1)] cannot be saved."

i dont know what I am doing wrong. I have Added all of the images to the server through ftp, the directory is public, I can access the images through a regular browser... 

Please someone help. 

Disclaimer: I am very new to presta, as in, began using it in June 2017. 

I originally imported a large amount (600 rows) of products through the CSV import just to make sure I knew how to do it. Then I was planning on going back and adding image paths/URLs through the same CSV option, and began encountering this error. 

Presta version is 1.6.1.4

I am now also having an issue where I cannot even add a product through the presta backend. I am on a timeline and need to get this done ASAP. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

PS: Is there some sort of diagnostic service or even a company who could fix this so I can get back to work? May not go that route, but it would be nice to know they are there in a worst-case-scenario. 

So I checked, and I am on Presta 1.6.1.2. 

I figured out why I couldnt add a product through the presta backend, that is solved (changed a column header in the DB, thinking it wouldnt be an issue. Changed back - works fine.)

The CSV uploader now seems to work fine as well, however, now my issue is that I keep getting the "error copying image" message. I found some archived topics on this forum, but I do not understand the fix. Can someone break it down for me? This is the topic: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/274479-solved-error-copying-image/

When they talk about changed a line or two in a certain file - how do I find that file/line to solve the issue? It seems to be a php setting, but I do not have any training on php. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!