Get Status "payment error" after receiving a payment with Paypal

claudiaIta

Hi,

after upgrading my prestashop to the 1.6.1.10, in the latest orders i get in the BO the "payment error" status when an order is payed with paypal, even if money has actually been received to paypal account.

Then in order page in BO there's this error like this : payed 308,98€ instead of 308,99€

Can somone please advise me?

At the moment i just hide the status to the customer.

Screen shot of the bug is attached

Thank you

post-1248979-0-49875800-1485183632_thumb.png

do you mean that i should just confirm the payment from the BO changing the status to "payment received" ?

I can't confirm manually every single order that's payed with paypal and gets this error.

However it is correct the first amout.

I red from a similar old post that it's caused by the rounding of prestashop that is different from paypal.

So maybe i should try different configuration in settings > general

no, i mean you should literally confirm what amount paypal took from the customer. 

Prestashop is telling you that the amount of the order, and the amount that paypal took are different.  .98 is not the same as .99

308,98€ instead of 308,99€

So, start by first confirming what amount Paypal really took, and confirm that the error is real

• 1 month later...

I think this is to do with rounding.

If you have rounding per line then PayPal ignores that and recalculates using rounding per item

I am still working on this, but the devs of the module I use (agile) have made a fix this afternoon. Now just need to test it for a while

Simple solution: change rounding to per item in prestashop

If you need per line or per total then try to talk to the module devs. or visit the agile site and buy their module. It will not work immediately, ask them to make the fix. They are working on putting a switch in the module itself

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hello everyone,
Sorry for my bad English, I'm French!
I also have rounding problems with the Paypal module version 3.11.3 and a PS 1.6.1.11. I wrote to dev 202commerce, but no response (www.202-ecommerce.com/).
Are you using the same module?
I have rounded the rounded round to infinity and rounded to the line on the bill. What is strange is that sometimes it works and sometimes not, and I fail to highlight common things between errors.
Thank you for your feedback!

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French!

I also have rounding problems with the Paypal module version 3.11.3 and a PS 1.6.1.11. I wrote to dev 202commerce, but no response (www.202-ecommerce.com/).

Are you using the same module?

I have rounded the rounded round to infinity and rounded to the line on the bill. What is strange is that sometimes it works and sometimes not, and I fail to highlight common things between errors.

Thank you for your feedback!

Simple solution: change rounding to per item in prestashop

More complex: use the fix discussed above

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I was following the discussion and actually the suggestion "Simple solution: change rounding to per item in prestashop" is not a real solution.

We are using our shop in Germany and if you use presta with the above setting you'll get rounding errors in tax and final calculation of the total sum.

Does anyone has a real solution to this problem?

We use presta 1.6.1.10 and paypal plus 1.6.40

THX

Hi guys,

I was following the discussion and actually the suggestion "Simple solution: change rounding to per item in prestashop" is not a real solution.

We are using our shop in Germany and if you use presta with the above setting you'll get rounding errors in tax and final calculation of the total sum.

Does anyone has a real solution to this problem?

We use presta 1.6.1.10 and paypal plus 1.6.40

THX

Do the German tax regulations state that you have to round per line or per total? In the UK we can choose to round per item, per line OR per total. That is why for the UK the fix is simple - round per item. That is the way that PAYPAL do this. So if you want to use PayPal and you want to use Prestashop and you do not want errors then you have to use the fix as mentioned

I think it is actually ok in germany to calculate your tax per item.

But the things is: it is very common in Germany to calculate the tax on your total net sum.

Here is one example:

Products 1 118,70 €
Shipping 0,00 €
Taxes 212,50 € --> 1118,70 / 100 * 19 -> 212,55 -> this should be the real tax value
Total 1 331,20 €

And many customers ask "Did you calculate the tax wrong". We are selling only B2B, so changing to only tax incl. prices for better understanding how tax is calculated is not possible.

I think it is actually ok in germany to calculate your tax per item.

But the things is: it is very common in Germany to calculate the tax on your total net sum.

Here is one example:

Products 1 118,70 €

Shipping 0,00 €

Taxes 212,50 € --> 1118,70 / 100 * 19 -> 212,55 -> this should be the real tax value

Total 1 331,20 €

And many customers ask "Did you calculate the tax wrong". We are selling only B2B, so changing to only tax incl. prices for better understanding how tax is calculated is not possible.

Which means you cannot really use PayPal then. Because PayPal works per item. They are much bigger than any of us, and prestashop, so if they want to calculate per item they will

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem. Any helps ?! 

Prestashop version 1.6.1.17 and PayPal Official module version is 3.11.4

How the hell this thing is bugged after so many years ?! How can i solve a problem like this ?! it's totally embarassing, any Prestashop developer could help please ? it's not a little bug,  it cause many problems, because our clients usualy try to pay again after receiveing a Payment error, so we have many Payments at once and we must refund them everyday ! Yesterday a customer after receiveing  a Payment Error he paids 5 times !! And we received 5 payments !!! it's such a shitty thing, please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this topic was opend based on the rounding problem. The standard paypal module only works with rounding per item.

If your setting is rounding on total, you'll (or the customer) receive these errors. My suggestion is using a paypal module which works with rounding on total.

And I'm not the dev of this module. I'm using it on 3 shops and it works fine.

19 ore fa, Wladi dice:

Well, this topic was opend based on the rounding problem. The standard paypal module only works with rounding per item.

If your setting is rounding on total, you'll (or the customer) receive these errors. My suggestion is using a paypal module which works with rounding on total.

And I'm not the dev of this module. I'm using it on 3 shops and it works fine.

Hi Wladi, thaks really for your solution ! I'll buy it and try. Thaks again

For anyone who wants use the free PayPal module, a possible solution could be this:

=> Go to preferences => General
=> Rounding rule: Round to infinity when the value is halfway (recommended)
=> Rounding Type: Rounding for each item

The problem is that PayPal and PrestaShop do not calculate rounding in the same way, but normally by configuring your PrestaShop as this should correct the problem

The  solution is proudly given by the Team of 202 ecommerce

i'm testing thi solution, cannot have many stats to say that's works, but for now seems that solved the problem. Keep in touch and stay updated

Really big thanks to us !

that the standard modul works with rounding on each item / line is known for quite a while now. You have to decide if this type of rounding is suitable for your business. For example in germany it is common to round on total. Everybody does that. So if you dont want that the customers think that you cant calculate taxes, you should probably change to rounding on total. And here comes the problem that the standard paypal module does not work with rounding on total. So I suggested using a module which works with rounding on total. Thats it.

Hello Wladi, you miss one point anyway:

i buyed the module on your advice, but the module works with AUTO Url Return, not with APIs

So if you have more than one site and use ONLY ONE paypal account, what can i do ? I cannot specify the AUTO Url return, because i have many site and one only paypal account.... i told the problem to developers of the module, i'm waiting an answer from them :)

On 11/30/2017 at 5:50 AM, ienabellamy said:

Hello Wladi, you miss one point anyway:

i buyed the module on your advice, but the module works with AUTO Url Return, not with APIs

So if you have more than one site and use ONLY ONE paypal account, what can i do ? I cannot specify the AUTO Url return, because i have many site and one only paypal account.... i told the problem to developers of the module, i'm waiting an answer from them :)

Hey,

You specify the Auto-Return URL on PayPal's side as a back-up in case there's no Auto-Return URL passed at the time of the actual request to PayPal. However, the PayPal Standard module overrides the Auto-Return based on the store that created the request so you can use one PayPal account for multiple websites without a problem.

The main drawback is that only the cart total gets sent to PayPal so customers don't see detailed order of products on PayPal's side. I had many merchants who needed the detailed report on PayPal so i developed this one as well recently...(also doesn't use Auto-return but other api methods) hope this helps!

PayPal Express Checkout (express api - newer)

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/28886-paypal-express-checkout.html

PayPal Standard (classic api - older)

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/22786-paypal-standard.html

-Best regards

Developer of both of these modules