payment error status at all after paid paypal module

rewuxiin

payment error - warning £85 paid instead of £85

post-766940-0-99937900-1483705476_thumb.png

A stripe of pay if the module - all ok if pay Paypal module - error

However, the operation is carried out in Paypal, after payment - get the Confirmed, the database status paypal confirmed as the same data module

Where validation occurs after the payment? What could affect the occurrence of this error?
Edited by rewuxiin (see edit history)

From the warning message, the amount looks like the same, usually this error occurs only when the amount is different.

Is it possible that the amount you passed to Paypal is different from the order amount because of floating points that you did not display on your store?

For example in database it was €85.01 and €85.02, but you displayed as €85 because for your displaying format configuration?

• Like 1

it is a defect in prestashop.  if you turn off decimals, prestashop still stores the values in decimal in the database, but you are sending the non-decimal (rounded) value to paypal. 

so after payment is made, prestashop checks the payment amount against the database's decimal (non-rounded) value and they do not match, and you get an error

since EUR has decimals, your best bet is to turn them back on

• Like 1

If that is the case, I think it is the calculation related issues.

I guess the details item list including price has been sent to Paypal, can paypal calculated the total amount, but there total amount is different from the total calculated by PrestaShop. It is caused by decimal rounding related issue. you may need to contact the author of the module to fix the issue.

• 1 month later...

The author of the module is prestashop.

So it is kind of a dead end at the moment, but I`m thinking about the Essential-Support.

Hi,

I have me too the same problem with the last version of paypal 3.11.3 and PS. 1.6.1.11 I have some payment error for a difference of 0.01 euro. 

How did you solve it?

thanks

Angela

Hi,

I have me too the same problem with the last version of paypal 3.11.3 and PS. 1.6.1.11 I have some payment error for a difference of 0.01 euro. 

How did you solve it?

thanks

Angela

For a product without VAT, set the price with decimal not more than two.
For example, without vds price == 15.702479
With VAT, it is displayed == 19.00
However, this is not the case - when recounting, it turns out that 15.702479 == 19.0004 and when the store rounds to a larger one, it turns out 19.01, although with payment indicated at 19.00
I decided this way - 15.702479 remove the extra = 15.7000  we see the price with VAT the same at 19.00, however, when recalculating, we get 18,9993543 and when rounding by the store when buying to the whole we get 19.00

Well, or as an option, if the version Prestashop > = 1.6.1 - set the rounding to the whole down, maybe it will work too.
Edited by rewuxiin (see edit history)

Hi,

How did you solve it?

thanks

Angela

Hi Angela...

Still no solution. But I`ll check rewuxiin`s advice.

Thanks & Best Whishes

• 3 weeks later...