/order/step0.html showing in analytics but no page exists

airbag

Hello, My web stats show a large amount of hits upon the /order/step0.html page. My store uses the one page checkout module which is the url /order.php page, but when visiting the /order/step0.html page, there is nothing there but a 404 error.

Does anyone else have an issue like this? What would be causing this to happen?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys, I noticed that this hasn't been replied to anywhere - my fix was to add the following line to the .htaccess file (in the root directory of your site:

RewriteRule ^order/step0.html /order.php?step=0 [QSA,L]

Not sure if it fixes it completely but seems to do the trick for me. Hope that helps someone :)

I had the same problem. So..

If you see your page source and search for "step0" link you will find it on your analytics code. This is becouse the new analytics module.

This is only happening when you have the one page ckeckout option enableld, becouse the step0 is the first step when you go to the cart page (I think).

To solve this, you need to go in modules/ganalytics adn edit the analytics code from header.tlp to look like the original code from google analytics.

Your webmaster tools will scream becouse of the 404 errors given by this error.

I don`t know if is the best way to fix it, but solves the 404 problem.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I do not know if it will help but I kind of understood that there is URL rewrting done under the hood by the Google Analytics module (ganalytics.php) so that we can define the different steps in the conversion funnel. I still need to find some time to fully understand what is going on to define a funnel that WORKS.

The "content overview" in the Google Analytics account pages just appear like this:

/order/step0.html

/order/step2.html

/order/step3.html

and others without being able to see the actual pages that made browsing.

I activated order in 5 steps and order as guest.

There solution to this bug? What?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you see your page source and search for "step0" link you will find it on your analytics code. This is becouse the new analytics module.

This is only happening when you have the one page ckeckout option enableld, becouse the step0 is the first step when you go to the cart page (I think).

To solve this, you need to go in modules/ganalytics adn edit the analytics code from header.tlp to look like the original code from google analytics.

this worked. First I replaced the code, tested and it was working. Then I reinstalled the module and is still working.

Standalone reinstall did not help. Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried your solution and the "step0" doesn't appear anymore in my analytics stats, which is great...but unfortunately, actual orders (Analytics menu -Conversions- Ecommerce-Overview/Summary) are not being recorded as well :-( have you had the same problem? I checked the sourcecode of the confirmation page and it does include my Analytics-account ID.

thk fredrickew

Here is a .httacces fix i like to use

RewriteRule ^order/step([0-5]{1})\.html$ /order.php?step=$1 [QSA,L]

Hi HA!*!*Y,

What's the difference between your RewriteRule and that of Fredrikew:

RewriteRule ^order/step0.html /order.php?step=0 [QSA,L] 

?

I see yours include step 0 to 5, but unfortunately I don't have any programming skills and don't know what's actually happening. I try to understand what solution would work best for me (PS 1.5.4.1 and using onepagecheckout module). Thanks in advance for the explanation!

• 4 months later...

In my case i solved it like this (single page checkout enabled):

1. In GA: admin -> View -> Goals -> Select your Goal.
2. Destination -> select "Regular expression" and enter: .*order-confirmation.php
3. Funnel - OFF, Yes OFF, because it's a single page checkout and no steps in the funnel. 

4. Save.
5. In modules/ganalytics/ganalytics.php:

a) Before line 

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'views/templates/hook/header.tpl');

add this: 

$pageTrack = '/order-confirmation.php';
$this->context->smarty->assign('pageTrack', $pageTrack);

b ) Comment line (add two slashes in front  -> //)
$this->context->smarty->assign('pageTrack', '/order/step'.(int)Tools::getValue('step').'.html');

c) Save file.

And it's done.

Worked on my PS 1.5.6, GA classic

Edited by ufikas (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if there is an issue or if I understand the problem at all.

Google Analytics has a variable, called: _trackPageview.

This variable can be used to assign a url to some page, which doesn't exist.

The module assigns /order/step0, /order/step1, etc.

That happens on the module's header.tpl on line 7.

No issue. Just handy for tracking and reading results easily in Google Analytics.

For more info on this and other variables see:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/methods/gaJSApiBasicConfiguration?hl=nl#_gat.GA_Tracker_._trackPageview

• 5 months later...

I had same issue once. I think you should go to web master tool and request the removal of URL. You should Also check there if there is any other page linking to this page which allows Google to find this one,

I don't think that removal of that URL is good. If you remove that URL than your "Users Flow" in Analytics wont be accurate. it will not report you that the user has left your shop on the order page anymore, right? and this is bad for e-commerce