How do I upgrade to 1.7?

karant

Hi

I am trying to find out how do I upgrade to 1.7?

I am on 1.6.1.9

I received an email and every time I go to PrestaShop site, 1.7 is plastered everywhere available for download.

However I do not have a ability for upgrade from the 1-Click Upgrade module.

It shows as

Your current PrestaShop version 1.6.1.9

Latest official version for major channel.1.6.1 stable (1.6.1.9)

Thanks

I don;t think you can. Currently 1.7 is for new stores - OR do a fresh manual installation and then import all your current products, customers, sales etc

Well, let's start with the dev talk : Upgrading is a process that should monitored and followed by a developer. trying to pass to 1.7 would be quite hazardeous for the moment, so don't try it until 1 click update gives you the option.

Also, 1.7 is a core update version. They are migrating the fundamental part of the application to a framework. 1.7 is a migration. For the moment, only the product controller has been migrated, that being said it will be better once everything is migrated. I can't wait for it so I am going to get cryogenised for the next 2 years (My rough estimate of the migration process)

My personal advice now: Like haylau said, you could export and reimport. I am unsure tho if that will be as easy as it seems.

Martin

• Like 1

The only way I know is this:
1- Pray your God
2- Find a lamb
3- Sacrifice the lamb

Then it should work. lol.

Jokes apart, you can't, there is no upgrade path, and even if there were, nothing you currently have would work (no modules, no theme)
Also, you lose features, why do you want to upgrade?

• Like 1