Product is not saving any changes ,

lilliput

Hi 

I am using 1.6.1.6. I am trying to change my product title lines and also some other changes . But its not changing once i press the save or save & stay it goes to previous saved title.

I do not even have any error or any other notification when saving , I need help..Pls help

Thanks

Anamul  

I'm having the same problem in 1.6.1.1. How come this never happened in the past and has only started today, after a year of using this Prestashop (on my side, anyway)?

I'm kind of new here, but I suppose that the highlighted code in the solution is what needs to be added to the template?

It's because PrestaShop has been using synchronous AJAX calls that have been deprecated for a long time now. The latest version of Google Chrome removes this deprecated feature, which caused PrestaShop to break for everyone using that browser.

The highlighted code should be removed, not added.

• Like 1

It's because PrestaShop has been using synchronous AJAX calls that have been deprecated for a long time now. The latest version of Google Chrome removes this deprecated feature, which caused PrestaShop to break for everyone using that browser.

OK, thank you, that's very clear for a newbie such as myself!  :)  Makes sense now. Indeed using Chrome. I'll try switching to a different browser for the time being, as I need a clear head to make changes to core files and I'm kind of swamped right now, and need to make the product changes urgently. When things cool down, I'll try locating the file mentioned on Github and removing the highlighted code. Thanks so much for your assistance!

• 2 weeks later...

So I looked into the coding on the particular page that was listed in the correction. I am not seeing the code line anywhere and definitely not those particular line numbers I did place this in several different text editors in order to validate that I was looking at tit correctly and I did read all the code top to bottom and I could not find that line anywhere in the coding. Is there something I am missing?

Edited by Jade4580 (see edit history)

Thanks Rocky; this solved my problem after days of searching for a solution

• Like 1

Thanks.

This solve my problem. i have been searching for this for 2 days.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for posting a solution to this. Saving changes to or adding new products had become steadily unbearable as nothing was saving. You could redo something 10 times and it might save once if you were lucky. I was honestly close to calling it a day with prestashop. The solution above has solved this problem. Every change is saving first time now! Can't thank you enough!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys! 

I am new into the forum with limited programming skills. Where I can find that code? I am struggling with the same issue in version 1.7.1.1 Does anyone else is having that problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here on 1.7.1.1, seems like a fundamental bug so no idea how its got this far through, its not the 

submitHandler: function(form) { form.submit();

},

as before, appears to be something else causing it.

ok, I fixed my instance of this, allow iframes in html in general settings, would be good if rather than giving the green "saved" light, it threw some kind of error or alert stating that this was the problem..

anyway, hope this helps others..

• 2 months later...

Hello,

My products aren't saving. The save button and save and stay button keep on showing this refreshing icon and clicking on them has no effect. I can't save product details, price, associations, etc. I'm using version 1.6.1.15

I've tried deleting broswer cache, using a different browser, i've checked form.tpl as mentioned above, i've enabled i frame, enabled and disabled normal and smarty cache.

I'd appreciate some help on this, thanks.

• 1 year later...