Gift certificate with possibility to ship it?

• 1 month later...

Hi rtkjeldsen,

I'm bumping your thread, because I would like something like this as well.

Physical vouchers are a very good thing in some branches of trade, and I sadly didn't find any module or solution for PrestaShop...

One question I have is:

If the customer buys product X (any normal product) and then also buys a gift voucher, can they be delivered to different addresses? Because maybe the customer wants product X for herself and then send a gift voucher to somebody else. A way would be to add a separate address field for this specific product, but I couldn't find a solution for this.

I would also like the possibility to get an email notification when this particular product is bought, a separate "heads up" mail to the shop admin, to know a special product has been sold.

Another thought: I suppose gift vouchers should always have 0% tax, since the products which are later bought for the voucher all have tax on them? Otherwise tax would be doubled.

Can anyone share some insights?

Is anyone already doing this? How?

There used to be an option in the Preferences > Orders page named 'Allow multishipping', which would allow for the feature you are looking for.  however for an unknown reason it was removed/hidden, and the code in the theme was removed.  Maybe it was not working properly and they did not feel like supporting/fixing it.

I'm not aware of any modules that would add this support, but you can try searching for it.

As far as tax is concerned, don't define a tax rule for your gift card products.

gift cards in facts are "cart rules" (voucher codes)

in prestashop voucher codes can have only specific target

available "voucher value" in PrestaShop: 

• Apply discount to.
    • Order (without shipping). The discount applies to the whole order.
    • Specific product. You can choose to which product the discount should apply: type the first letters of the product, and choose in the list of matching names.
    • Cheapest product. Only available for the "Percent (%)" option.
    • Selected product(s). The customer can choose on which products the discount should be applied. Only available for the "Percent (%)" option.

as you can see there is no option to apply discount that also includes shipping.

as long as prestashop will not allow to do this, you will have to modify the core to make it work as you expect.

this case is very complicated from development point of view, this is why no solution is available currently.