Paypal Payments not showing as paid or reducing stock

stoo_s

I've recently installed the Paypal - Oficial Europe module and have started taking payments. The payments are being received by paypal and I'm receiving emails confirming a new order but the back office isn't being updated correctly and there are a number of issues with the module. I'd be grateful for help on any of the following problems:

1. When an order is created the customer automatically receives a 'dispatched' email instead of the 'order confirmation' email they should receive. Why? This doesn't happen with the Worldpay module we have.

2. The 'paid' section in the orders area in back office shows nothing even though the payment has been successful. I can manually update it to show that the payment has been successful but why isn't this doing so automatically? When a Worldpay order is processed this section is automatically updated to show the amount paid and method used.

3. No invoice is being generated when a new paypal paid order is created. Again, this is automatically generated when worldpay is used but isn't happening with paypal.

4. The stock held isn't being reduced when a new paypal order is received. Usually, the stock would automatically reduce when a new order is created by a customer. I shouldn't have to go in to the back office to reduce stock levels every time we receive a new sale.

Any help much appreciated!

Stuart

I guess the payment status in your Paypal account is not "Complete". Please check your Paypal account transactions. it could be "Payment Review" status or something else.

So the module does not set the order status as Payment Accepted. If this is the case, usually it is because that you choose to approve your payment at Paypal account. 

I've had a look on the paypal account but all payments are showing 'Payment Status: Completed.' I am receiving an immediate email from paypal confirming the payment and order. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that's it.

Okay, so I didn't realise I had to manually select 'authorization accepted from paypal' in the status box of the orders area every time a new sale came through in order to generate all of the above. I don't understand why that isn't happening automatically but that's a different question so I'm going to set this as solved.