PayPal payment problem after installing 1.6.1.7

preoteasa

After installing the new version 1.6.1.7 I got the following problem when a customer payed

for an order with PayPal.

The order has a warning: Warning 310,21 € paid instead of 310,23 €, however the payment

was charged, but order was not marked as complete. The products were still available, and

the customer placed the order 3 times, always with the same error, and with the customer

being charged.

I don't know if it is related to the version 1.6.1.7, but this is the first and only order that

I have so far after upgrading to 1.6.1.7 from 1.6.1.6.

Any help will be appreciated.

Viorel

from the difference of amount (only 2 cents), the issue seems related to rounding of order amount  calculation. I guess the module pass the items details to paypal, so paypal calculated the total based on order items. And this total calculate by Payapl is different from the one calculated by PrestaShop.

If above is the cause of the this issue, then it should not happen on all orders, only happens for some specific numbers that will cause rounding differently. if you are using the same version of the Paypal module, it might be not related to version of PrestaShop. Try different products and different quantity, the issue might be gone.

How many penny digits do your products have? I mean the selling price you provided when creating the product, not the one that is limited to 2 when displaying the price to the customer. My thought is that the module takes that value and calculates the price which means if your product costs $2.00492 Prestashop will display $2.00 but if the Module passes $2.00492 to paypal and a customer buys 2 items this will result in following.

Prestashop amount $ 4.00

Paypal amount $ 4.01

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by jetway (see edit history)

@preoteasa

Not sure if you have figured out the problem and got a fix. like @jetway explained in more details with example,  I think that might be the cause of the issue.

The issue may happens with some numbers, not happens to all orders and the differences of amount is also different.

You may consider to try our Agile Paypal Express Checkout modules if you are interested, it has other module features such as Express Checkout, customer does not need to register before payment.

Hello,

I did not solve the problem, but I managed to investigate it further. I took a copy of my shop, and

set it up as a test. I also set up PayPal sandbox. 

I have only 2 digits after the dot (23.05 Euro). However I have also a Catalog Price Rule of 10% discount,

and this seems to cause these problems.

Prestashop calculates the total for a product by applying the discount to the full amount.

For example if I have 10 products, each costing 10.09, then the total is (10 * 10.09 * 90% = 90.81)

However, in the list of products, Prestashop shows the price (10.09*90% = 9.08). It seems that

it sends this price to PayPal, together with the quantity 10. So of course the two amounts  will not match.

I did not have this problem before installing 1.6.1.7. This seems a bug. This now happens in my shop

quite often, and customers think that they made a mistake, they try again, and they are charged twice.

The products also stay available.

Another annoying problem, when using the PayPal sandbox is that after a payment, prestashop

shows status "Awaiting PayPal payment" instead of "Payment accepted", or the error for

the payment amount.

Edited by preoteasa (see edit history)

thanks for your feedback.

yes, there is also a parameters for a module to send DISCOUNT information to Paypal, I think the discount amount is also one of the causes as you mentioned.

Another annoying problem, when using the PayPal sandbox is that after a payment, prestashop

shows status "Awaiting PayPal payment" instead of "Payment accepted", or the error for

the payment amount.

This might be related to your sandbox Paypal account configuration. 

Please check if you have set to review approve transactions to accept payment, if that is the case, the Paypal will return a payment status of "Payment review" so the module will be order status at "Awaiting payment". Check the the payment transaction status at your Paypal sandbox account to see what it is.

• 3 months later...

Hi I can confirm this is still a problem in Prestashop 1.6.1.9

I'm having the same problem, with a sale on all products of 30% off, customers are paying 1p or 2p different to what prestashop should be charging them. So warnings are coming in.

Does anyone know how this can be please fixed?

Hi thanks Shokinro, I do realise that it doesn't happen all the time. But I've set two different sites up and both have this issue. Approx 50% of orders ARE having this problem. We really could do with a fix, as just because an issue doesn't happen all the time doesn't mean it isn't a nuisance and causes problems...

Thanks if anyone can provide any help.