PS 1.6.1.6 Taken off Google search

KGI

Hi PS fellow PS users and advisers.

A few days agon we had our new site removed from Google Search Engine by Google - they sent us a email advising they had with drawn our site and its pages from their search results.

Oh crap we thought and started to look into this - we are not much further though.

So we have found some data via the Google Structured Data testing tool.  (Which may be the reason we have been blocked - it might happen too to new suers of PS too.)

It has found an error on each of our products.

We have 3 curencies Euro by default, GBP Pound and Polish zloty

domain in herpa.online

They found this error in the price of the default currency - Euro and it seems the pacement of the Euro sigh and the use of a comma , as seperator rather than a full stop .

Does PS team need to urgently look at their coding ?

This is what google wrote to us

warning
price
45,95 € (The property 45,95 € is not a valid price specification. Learn more about http://schema.org/price.)
priceCurrency
EUR
availability

and code

href="http://herpa.online/en/herpa-announced-new/657--herpa-wings-82mlcz7206-iraqi-air-force-sukhoi-su-25k-frogfoot.html" rel="http://herpa.online/en/herpa-announced-new/657--herpa-wings-82mlcz7206-iraqi-air-force-sukhoi-su-25k-frogfoot.html">
                            <span>Quick view</span>
                        </a>
                                                                            <div class="content_price" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/Offer">
                                                                    <span itemprop="price" class="price product-price">

45,95 €                                    </span>

It seems that PS programe is auto imputing the data about schema.org etc and this is why we have been barred

Clearly this could be a serious BUG in PS 1.6.1.6 - please advise urgently

Please can this be looked at and reply - cheers

Ean
Edited by KGI (see edit history)

That is definitely not the reason your site was removed.  The testing tool even says it is a warning, not an error.  The fix is simple by the way, I have posted the solution in these forums already if you would like to search for it.

What you should really be concerned with is the real reason why google would remove your website from the search results.  Perhaps you have content that they do not wish to include

Hi Thank you for looking and checking - I am looking at everything to try to determine what Google is on about - and as much as this error popped up I thought it might be grabbing at a hope line.

I have spent several hours trolling the forum here - and very hard to find the data you tack about - if you could help and point me a link I could try to get at leasy this issue sorted.

In the matter of Google have post on their forum for help and still waiting to see if any one knows more or can help.

The site is www.herpa.online nothing unusal about it - so am blanked at what it could be.

Ean

Hi  bellini13

Tried

No results found for 'structured data testing tool'. - Found 2 entries for this - nothing to do with my issue and not your.

No results found for 'not valid price specification'.  - nothing for this entry

No results found for 'google warning price'. - nothing for this entry

No results found for '<span itemprop="price" class="price product‐price">'. - nothing on this

What text do I need to enter - even re-search your user name only came up with last entries.

And several other lines of text - nothing seems to come up

Please could I have at least one link - thank you

Ean

Edited by KGI (see edit history)

I am very sorry I just cannot find anything about this issue on this forum - I must be doing something wrong - just so many way to type the error and if it does not match your thread - It will not show

Please assist

Ean

I am looking in the product.tpl

And can see this script

Which is slightly different to that show on the link above

<span id="our_price_display" class="price" itemprop="price" content="{$productPrice}">{convertPrice price=$productPrice|floatval}</span>
                                        {if $tax_enabled  && ((isset($display_tax_label) && $display_tax_label == 1) || !isset($display_tax_label))}
                                            {if $priceDisplay == 1} {l s='tax excl.'}{else} {l s='tax incl.'}{/if}
                                        {/if}

Am I looking at the right file ?

Ean

We are going to try this - hopefully it will work

only question is this wording ??  |floatval}

<span id="our_price_display">{convertPrice price=$productPrice|floatval}</span>
                                        <meta itemprop="price" content="{$productPrice}" />
                                        <meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="{$currency->iso_code}" />

REgards

Ean

Hi - OK

So I can see we are nearly there - the product.tpl does the main part of the web site

But on are front page to which Google is testing is the Featured products Module for the home page - this does not seem to be using the product.tpl file that we have amended - so must presume that there is another file to be amend -

Do you know which one.

Ean

• Hello

We are still getting this error

ing
price
EUR 119.95 (The property EUR 119.95 is not a valid price specification. Learn more about http://schema.org/price.)

<span itemprop="price" class="price product-price">

Despite us using this script

<span id="our_price_display">{convertPrice price=$productPrice|floatval}</span>

<meta itemprop="price" content="{$productPrice}" />

<meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="{$currency->iso_code}" />

in the product.tp

any further ideas?

Ean

Here are some links

Main item open in its own page

http://herpa.online/en/herpa-announced-new/657--herpa-wings-82mlcz7206-iraqi-air-force-sukhoi-su-25k-frogfoot.html

<p class="our_price_display" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/Offer"><span id="our_price_display">EUR 45.95</span><meta itemprop="price" content="45.95" /><meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="EUR" /> tax incl.<meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="EUR" /></p>

The above seems ok

But still throws up the error

Ean

After another night of head scratching - the Google Structure module still throws up the warning.

After much work - the Currency symbol is still showing and causing the google error.

is there anyone who can help with the script of PS1.6.1.6 to resolve this issue

Clearly all new down loads of this PS version will have same error warning from Google - so it must perhaps be a fix somewhere along the line

PLEASE, please, please help

Ean

Hi - I am very grateful for your continued help

Sadly I checked after receiving your message here and the warning notices are still in place using the google structured data testing tool / fetch url for domain www.herpa.online

So really not sure whats going on here

The EUR status still shows prior to the price.

Ean

Well maybe you should be more specific in your posts.  Your last post you provided the product page, so I checked the product page.

http://herpa.online/...k-frogfoot.html

Now you are providing your home page

www.herpa.online

On your home page, you are using the "blocknewproducts" module, so you will need to make the same change to this modules template file