what do you think ?

mfermo

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all took the time to have a look at it. I am still worried to change the theme as everything seems to work (so I think for time being I'll keep it...) and all suggestion were very helpful. If anyone has any other thing would be always appreciated.

br

a little slow, i have to wait several seconds for page load and im not a mobile device, but on a fast broadband connection

shop looks like default theme without any modifications / theme changes

if i were you, i will do some theme modifications to make it unique and related to stuff you sell

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

a little slow, i have to wait several seconds for page load and im not a mobile device, but on a fast broadband connection

shop looks like default theme without any modifications / theme changes

if i were you, i will do some theme modifications to make it unique and related to stuff you sell

@vekia: I know you are a big expert...I have 2 modules from you, the one to cancel the orders and the one to log in as customer ;-) that works really well...Is there any specific advise on what to do to make it faster ? (on changing the theme I thought a lot but quite frankly everything works pretty well and I am really worried of what could happen...)

Are you selling furniture from France to the world ? Are you ready to ship to the US?

Yes, if small objects it's no problem. The real problem is when it's a big object. In this case the idea would be to have shipping quote sent after as it's really difficult to know exact cost. I would love to find a module where:

- customer could buy or make an offer on an object and his offer would be kept on hold until approval of shipping cost

- seller gets a notification to state shipping cost for a particular Country and when ready enter shipping cost

- once entered customer gets a notification

- if shipping cost approved then transaction is finalized (including shipping cost)

- if shipping cost is not approved order is cancelled

...For the moment I think I will just add a button on the product page that says "ask for shipping cost if not available for your Country" that sends an email to admin

A lot of things : 

Optimize the DB / requests

compact/Inline the CSS / JS

Reduce weight of pictures

Install the cache etc..

Let me know if you need help ;-)

Oh yes I need a lot of help I really have no idea, I was thinking about buying a module but also there it's bit foggy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't mind the default theme, I think your site looks fine. But you have some serious speed issues which I would be addressing asap as it could be affecting your SEO and making impatient people hit the back button.

Check out this thread for some speed improvement ideas:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/489749-boost-your-prestashop-website-speed-to-extreme-speeds-see-how/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't mind the default theme, I think your site looks fine. But you have some serious speed issues which I would be addressing asap as it could be affecting your SEO and making impatient people hit the back button.

Check out this thread for some speed improvement ideas:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/489749-boost-your-prestashop-website-speed-to-extreme-speeds-see-how/

Thank you for the input ! That's really one of my priority. I have some setting I can't touch (otherwise they compromise google tag, no idea why...)

Is there any module you would suggest ?

A bit late coming on this post, but I still observe this speed issue, then i add my contrib :

You are hosted at OVH, and anyone having Prestashop never stay hosted there because it simply sucks....

Reminder :

Thanks for the input. Yes I am on OVH, what would be a better choice in your opinion ?

Best

You are hosted at OVH, and anyone having Prestashop never stay hosted there because it simply sucks....

Sorry, but I've to contradict your statement. I'm on OVH still I moved from your hosting service (used only one year...) to there... I'm very satisfied with OVH.

Thanks for the input. Yes I am on OVH, what would be a better choice in your opinion ?

Best

Which package are you using on OVH. There are several. For proficient users VPS on OVH is a good and stable option. If you need more than only dedicated servers...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the site looks fine -- I also use the default theme for one of my stores and I don't see it as an issue.

The speed is an issue. The first visit to the main page was took so long I would normally have given up had I not read the previous comments -- that it got faster on second and third attempts makes me think you have some pretty heavy images. PrestaShop optimizes the product images for you which is likely why I didn't get as much lag on other pages but the theme images you have to optimize yourself. There are free programs for Windows and Mac as well as online sites that will optimize your images.

Beyond that I'd probably suggest better hosting as well -- I'm very much against using shared-hosting. I've done it in the past and most shared-hosting is garbage. There is some good shared-hosting out there but eventually it seems like EIG will just buy the good hosting company and ruin it. Having just moved a site from shared-hosting to VPN without even doing any significant optimization the store is already significantly faster.

• Like 1

We talk of their shared hosting offers.... VPS require management skills which few can have

This is simply not true. Getting every single possible optimization out of a VPS is probably above most people's skill level but setting up a server that is secure and will be much better than shared hosting is something anyone can do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

"Call us now" font color is black and not bold therefore not visible clearly like contact ,sign in right side menu items and footer menu items.

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)