Jump to content
Shahraam

Problem in Serve scaled images

Recommended Posts

Hi,

  In GTMetrix and Serve scaled images part I see low performance in my site since lots of images are re sized. A message like this:

 

image  resized in HTML or CSS from 250x250 to 193x193. Serving a scaled image could save 5.4KiB (41% reduction).

 

Do you have any clue how I could resolve this issue and avoid re sizing in HTML or CSS to improve site loading time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is about your theme, and it can be right if your theme is responsive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem you mentioned is related to images, for example images of homeslider

these images are resized by css styles, so this is why you see the message about serve scaled images

it is impossible to avoid such messages, because default theme uses bootstrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in case I use different responsive theme the problem might be resolved? If so how I could know the them functions well before paying for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not totally off topic but I wrote an adaptive image module for ps

 

http://adaptive.etiendas.co/

 

but it only works without friendly url's, even hired apache [spam-filter], it made him cry.....the tools/platforms in www are barbaric.

 

happy day, el

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a guide to serving scaled images on a responsive website on the gtmetrix website: https://gtmetrix.com/blog/how-to-optimize-images-a-practical-guide/

It suggests finding out the maximum display size of the image, and then manually resizing the image file to these dimensions and re-uploading it. 

Will this method work on a prestashop website? 

Quote
On 5/2/2016 at 1:25 PM, vekia said:

the problem you mentioned is related to images, for example images of homeslider

these images are resized by css styles, so this is why you see the message about serve scaled images

it is impossible to avoid such messages, because default theme uses bootstrap.

 

 I am using the warehouse theme, I don't know if it uses bootstrap or not (actually I don't know what bootstrap means at all...)

Thanks for any thoughts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2016 at 5:43 PM, El Patron said:

not totally off topic but I wrote an adaptive image module for ps

 

http://adaptive.etiendas.co/

 

but it only works without friendly url's, even hired apache [spam-filter], it made him cry.....the tools/platforms in www are barbaric.

 

happy day, el

Hi

It is one example:

https://20bekhar.com/3914-home_default/تلویزیون-ال-ای-دی-سامسونگ-40-اینچ-مدل-40m5860.jpg is resized in HTML or CSS from 280x320 to 86x98. Serving a scaled image could save 15.7KiB (90% reduction)

Note all my images are save web and optimize, they are 1024*1024 and I don have any problem in optimize image but what shoud I do for scale. Of course changing to 280*320 is impossible because the image will be really small.

please help me in one case and after that I try to solve other items.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, 20bekhar said:

Hi

It is one example:

https://20bekhar.com/3914-home_default/تلویزیون-ال-ای-دی-سامسونگ-40-اینچ-مدل-40m5860.jpg is resized in HTML or CSS from 280x320 to 86x98. Serving a scaled image could save 15.7KiB (90% reduction)

Note all my images are save web and optimize, they are 1024*1024 and I don have any problem in optimize image but what shoud I do for scale. Of course changing to 280*320 is impossible because the image will be really small.

please help me in one case and after that I try to solve other items.

 

that was 2016, check out webp there might not need to be a adaptive solution.  happy selling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More