Issue with Language Change

fzk007

Hello all, I couldn't find any similar issues after searching for a while, so hopefully I can get some help from here.

The website is: www.angelintertrade.in

In the customer facing site, everything is working fine under default US - English language. but as soon as you change the language to one of the other ones from the drop down list at the top, the top hook module comes up with a big question mark as if the module is missing but it shows fine under English. What could be wrong here?

Also, changing the language doesn't seem to be translating any text at all. Please advice.

Thanks!

I guess the issue related to the URL of images, check the if the image URL is hard coded or it is code in the way that URL become incorrect when the URL of the page is changed (to have xx/ language code included in the URL of page).

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have also a problem related to changing the language of the site

I have installed ja-marketplace module, and the problem started

The problem is:

If I open a product page, and change the language to lang X, then change to language Y again, I get a blank page, then I have to refresh the page to get it work.

I found that if the product do no have image, this problem not happen.

Also if I change the language while browsing a category and then click on any product or link in the page I have the blank page again.

This problem happen only if a user logged in

If I disable the ja-marketplace module, the problem disappear.

Please if someone can help ...

you have tried to set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to true in file /config/defines.inc.php and then try again to see if there is any error message displayed?

the error  message will give you some hints, you will know what is the cause of problem.

Hi, I did this and get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in /homepages/13/d616742473/htdocs/clickandbuilds/PrestaShop/saudiserawat/classes/module/Module.php on line 2299

What is this means??

At this file and this line number I found this, the line number 2299 in red:

public function display($file, $template, $cache_id = null, $compile_id = null)
    {
        if (($overloaded = Module::_isTemplateOverloadedStatic(basename($file, '.php'), $template)) === null) {
            return Tools::displayError('No template found for module').' '.basename($file, '.php');
        } else {
            if (Tools::getIsset('live_edit') || Tools::getIsset('live_configurator_token')) {
                $cache_id = null;
            }

$this->smarty->assign(array(
                'module_dir' =>    __PS_BASE_URI__.'modules/'.basename($file, '.php').'/',
                'module_template_dir' => ($overloaded ? _THEME_DIR_ : __PS_BASE_URI__).'modules/'.basename($file, '.php').'/',
                'allow_push' => $this->allow_push
            ));

The file and line itself is from PrestaShop core, it should be fine because it is used by many module.

Not sure what version of PrestaShop you are using, and in what circumstance the method is called. 

There should be more details of errors that shows the call stack to indicate where the call is from.

From there you can see the error originated, you may be able to identify the problem of the real file.

Hi

I am using version 1.6

This is the only error I see in screen, no more details.

And this problem only happen when ja-marketplace module is enabled, so I think the call must be from that module.

And why this error happen after changing the language only?

And why if I refresh the page it work fine again?

Can you tell me what is the mean of: call the function on a non-object?

Thanks a lot for your help

But the module maker is not responding to me, I sent him the error.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Yes my problem solved

By disabling some modules, i am not sure what module was conflicting with jamarketplace.

I disabled all not important modules like crossseling and others i can not remember exactly

Try it , it will solve the problem