Upgrading From 1.4.8 To 1.6 ?

I have a shop full of 100s of items, works well, but it is too old for tablets and phones at any sort of ease of use. I am thinking of upgrading to 1.6. My template was made way before 1.6, it is called Free Red or something. So I would have to use a new template, is it fairly straight forward to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6 ? How much would someone charge for this service and how would I know if my modules will be compatible ?

Thanks all.

My template was made way before 1.6, it is called Free Red or something. So I would have to use a new template,

Yes, you would need a new theme.  The one you are using now will not work.

is it fairly straight forward to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6 ?

This depends on your store and server hosting environment, what kind of customizations (if any) you have made along the way

How much would someone charge for this service

There are many that will offer upgrade services.  If you are looking for a paid service, you are probably better off posting in the Job Offers forum.  Feel free to contact me via PM or via my website if you would like me to provide an estimate 

and how would I know if my modules will be compatible ?

There are core modules developed by Prestashop, and there are third party modules.  You need to review each module, determine where you obtain the module from, and then review if the module will work with PS v1.6.  Most likely the Prestashop developed modules will have new versions that will automatically be updated, however there are some older modules that no longer exist, so you may need to find replacements.

• Like 1