We're sorry, PayPal doesn't allow residents of United States to ship purchases to Philippines.

noel ian lirio

And are you using a sandbox account or a live Paypal account? 

Is your business Paypal account a United States Account?

And what exactly is your expectation here?  The message is quite clear, Paypal does not allow shipments from US to Philipines.  I don't know why, but I can't change Paypal restrictions.

Perhaps you can alter the Paypal USA module so that the shipping address is not sent to Paypal in the first place?  Then Paypal would never know where the order is being shipped, and you could lose your seller protection.

Hi bellini13,

Please see feedback on bold texts:

And are you using a sandbox account or a live Paypal account?  -- Sandbox Account

Is your business Paypal account a United States Account? -- Yes, but since PayPal Sandbox account doesn't have an option "Philippines", we just left it default.

And what exactly is your expectation here?  The message is quite clear, Paypal does not allow shipments from US to Philipines.  I don't know why, but I can't change Paypal restrictions. -- Here's what we want to do:

1. Create a user account of the website 

2. Purchase it using PayPal account

3. Ship it to the address that is set on the shipping address

Perhaps you can alter the Paypal USA module so that the shipping address is not sent to Paypal in the first place?  Then Paypal would never know where the order is being shipped, and you could lose your seller protection.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I had this problem too.

What I did to solve is, was find this file: https://github.com/PrestaShop/paypal/blob/df46f740003ca41a878441195fef52d52ef19c0c/express_checkout/process.php

And change the line #284:

$fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE'] = $country->iso_code;

To:

$fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE'] = 'PT'; //$country->iso_code;

For your case, I think should be:

$fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE'] = 'US'; // $country->iso_code;

• 4 months later...

Hi. I have similar problem.

I try everything in PS 1.6.1.4 but don't solve this.

Please give me any solution.

THX in advance.

What exactly is your problem?  If Paypal does not allow US residents to ship purchases to the philippines, what exactly do you want Prestashop to do?

As found on their developer pages, changing ADDROVERRIDE to '0', will cause Paypal to hide the shipping address when the customer pays

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/SetExpressCheckout_API_Operation_NVP/

(Optional) Determines whether or not the PayPal pages should display the shipping address set by you in this SetExpressCheckout request, not the shipping address on file with PayPal for this buyer. Displaying the PayPal street address on file does not allow the buyer to edit that address. It is one of the following values:

• 0 — The PayPal pages should not display the shipping address.
  • 1 — The PayPal pages should display the shipping address.

Character length and limitations: 1 single-byte numeric character.

• 2 weeks later...

After changed this $fields['ADDROVERRIDE'] = '0'; i have error of payment from paypal.

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2016-06-01T01:50:31ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10474L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Invalid DataL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> This transaction cannot be processed. The shipping country is not allowed by the buyer's country of residence.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Any solution for this?

THX in advance.

Well it seems Paypal does not support the sending and receiving address combination.  I'm not really sure what solution you are looking for.  Perhaps you should speak to Paypal support directly about what you are trying to accomplish.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

I try to ask PayPal about this, many times, but the answer is the same - All it's ok with my PayPal account, try to contact developer of the module.

In this case i don't know what to do.

Error persist and i can't found any solutions.

How can help me and give me any suggestion. Please.

THX in advance.

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, bnadauld said:

or does paypal just not want to take the risk allowing customers to send money to the Philippines?

this is most likely the answer. 

I don't see a way of 'fixing' the issue since the issue is caused by Paypal directly.  This is not an issue with the module, and there is nothing you can change in the module that will force Paypal into allowing the money to be sent from a USA account to a Philippines account.

To verify this, take Prestashop and the module out of the equation.

Log into your USA Paypal account and try to send money to the same exact Philippines Paypal account, and then see if it works, or see if you get the same error.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the reply. I have the same problem with my UK and Singapore customers now. I read online that it could be something to do with country codes or invoice address info not being passed from my Prestashop site that suits new PayPal requirements?

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2018 at 1:07 PM, bellini13 said:

this is most likely the answer. 

I don't see a way of 'fixing' the issue since the issue is caused by Paypal directly.  This is not an issue with the module, and there is nothing you can change in the module that will force Paypal into allowing the money to be sent from a USA account to a Philippines account.

To verify this, take Prestashop and the module out of the equation.

Log into your USA Paypal account and try to send money to the same exact Philippines Paypal account, and then see if it works, or see if you get the same error.

Yep it works - we can directly invoice a customer but when its automated via prestashop it is rejected.

Whats the use of a content management system if you have to manually bill each customer?????

This is the final nail

Fixed it (kind of... partly 90%).

I changed modules. To: (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/27842-paypal-payments-standard.html)

I can now take payment via c.card from the UK so i imagine i can can take payments from anywhere now. The one issue is that if the customer chooses to pay via a paypal account he/she (when asked in paypal checkout) is unable to add in the Filipino delivery address - forcing him to ship to his billing/invoice address.

Im working with the module maker to further things. Will let you know..

All i can say is this module is working and the developer is great, replies back almost instantly and produces something that has saved my business.