Cannot create a customer account in Frontoffice

We're fiddling around with Prestashop for some time now. Got our toes wet with 1.6.0.0. Did some template changes and some other stuff. Shop seemed to be functioning OK. 

Recently uploaded a brand new PS store with 1.6.1.0. Got wet to the knees this time, with more changes. Ran into the problem that we couldn't create a new customer account in the frontend. Read all the stuff about translations, cookies and so on, but that didn't help us. When we try to create an account, the shop comes back to /index.php?controller=authentication, with a 1 in the e-mailfield and nothing else happening, no new account, no error messages, not even with debugging on.

Very confused we deleted all PS shops and databases, did a virgin install of 1.6.1.1 and the same problem persists. If anyone would like to give it a try:

http://www.mijnzandbak.nl/prestashop/index.php?controller=authentication&back=my-account.

Does anyone have a clue what might cause this?

Not for me... tried again. Used a browser we hardly use, Cleared the entire history, every box ticked. Same problem persists. Can't create a customer account in the front office, can create a customer account in the backoffice. Anyone?

Edited by iTea (see edit history)

Did you make any file changes?

When I click on register I can see the input fields but if I submit the form with erros it returns me to the authentication page and sets value="1" to the email address input, hence the error.

Also edit /config/defines.inc.php and set define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false); to true. Maybe you have errors.

Catalin Scaesteanu: Completely virgin install, Enabled debugging to check for errors, no errors whatsoever. Debugging on/off makes no difference at all. The value of 1 is what I see also, very strange!

@ El Patron: I don't see your account in the backoffice!?

gosh yea, I don't know maybe I did not pay 'close' attention the first time I tested, I could have sworn it took me to 'my account'.

re-tried the test with your results

08.31.2015-18.28.png

http://screencast.com/t/o1nIcBr3uP

typically if we see a '1' then there is php with return true;  (1)...

but I have not seen this behavior of clean install...I will try new intstall tomorrow and report back.

Yes, but why is this happening on a virgin install? I presume you didn't enter 1 as an e-mailaddress, neither did I. On the same server (PHP versie 5.6.12, MySQL versie 5.6.23) other non-PS shopping carts are running production with authentication fully intact.

php.ini:
max_execution_time = 1000
max_input_time = -1
max_input_vars = 10000
memory_limit = 128M
suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000
upload_max_filesize = 25M
post_max_size = 20M

Edited by iTea (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, rented a new VPS, started all over again, PHP 5.5.28 this time and the problems creating a new account disappeared. Maybe it was the (experimental) PHP version, or possibly I tweaked the earlier VPS a little to much for Prestashop.

OK, rented a new VPS, started all over again, PHP 5.5.28 this time and the problems creating a new account disappeared. Maybe it was the (experimental) PHP version, or possibly I tweaked the earlier VPS a little to much for Prestashop.

Good thing it's working right. I'm using PHP 5.6.10 and there are no problems so I don't think there is much difference between this and 5.6.12.

Also the settings you've posted shouldn't be the cause for the error you had.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

"It will remain a mystery..."

I found the same problem on PS 1.6.0.14 in Firefox only. No problem in GoogleChrome. "Das ist fantastisch". Tested on different computers - described problem take place. No error messages neither in js console, nor in php debug mode.

PHP 5.6 is installed on VPS. I will try to downgrade it to PHP 5.5

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I already tested with 3 different servers with 3 version PHP: 5.6.15 - 5.6.17 - 5.6.19

The test theme is theme No. 1151 (beauty theme), Prestashop version 1.6.1.5

It is strange that with PHP version 5.6.15 and 5.6.19 worked well for create customers account but with 5.6.17 it met the same problems.

The big problem is it is the main server I am using to install the theme.

Could you let me know your suggestion for this case soon?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Tuk66,

Could you let me know which kind of information we need to check in the server setting?

I could only see the information in the advanced parameter in back office. The information as following:

1. The main server I am using:

Server information Linux #1 SMP Sun Sep 27 06:34:10 EDT 2015 x86_64

Server software version Apache

PHP version 5.6.17

Memory limit 256M

Max execution time 90

2. Other version .19:

Server information Linux #1 SMP Tue Aug 12 09:58:26 UTC 2014 x86_64

Server software version Apache

PHP version 5.6.19

Memory limit 90M

Max execution time 30

3. Other version .15:

Server information Linux #1 SMP Fri Dec 18 17:32:04 MSK 2015 x86_64

Server software version Apache/2.2.31 (CentOS)

PHP version 5.6.15

Memory limit 64M

Max execution time 180

It seemed a bit different at Memory limit and max execution time only.

Could you please suggest?

Thanks a lot!