Can't install more then one PrestaShop

Hello to everyone.

I'm having a hard time with an issue and I'm hoping someone can help.

It is my intention to setup numerous PrestaShop retail sites.   It seems however that if I have more then one PrestaShop site setup then there is a problem with the hosting company I am using.

I started with my first site over on HostMonster.  The site worked great, so I added another.   As soon as I did I got a warning that told me we were using an excess number of database tables.   I worked with the tech guy at HostMonster but the only way I could really fix the problem was to eliminate the 2nd PrestaShop site.

I figured that the trouble was with HostMonster so I setup a new site over at BlueHost.   I installed a PrestaShop retail site and life was good.   Here's the link.   www.thebostonbarn.com.  Everything works fine.  

So, I figured it's time for a new site as I have many products to sell.   I asked my IT person to install a 2nd PrestaShop site at BlueHost.   He did so and before we even touched it I got the same warning I got from HostMonster.   The problem is, if we ignore the warning then they shut down ALL of our sites even non PrestaShop sites and we can't have that happen!

Here's an exerpt from the warning:

================================================

It has come to our attention that your site is using an excessive amount of MySQL resources on your Bluehost account. This is causing performance problems not only on your own website, but for other customers that are on this same server.  When left unchecked, it can potentially cause crashes or service interruptions and lead to additional downtime.

Our research shows that server performance degrades when the MySQL usage is over 3000 tables and/or 5 GB on a single account or 3000 tables and/or 5 GB on a single database.  In order to ensure optimal performance for your account and the others in your shared hosting environment, we request that you reduce the MySQL usage on your account to under these limits by 06/07/2015.

Your account information:

Total MySQL Database Size: 395.42 MB

Total MySQL Tables: 3115

Largest MySQL Database Size: 62.06 MB

Largest MySQL Table Count: 335

=====================================================

Keep in mind that we did NOTHING other then install a basic PrestaShop site. 

When I got the warning (yesterday) I instructed my IT person to immediately uninstall the new PrestaShop site.   He did and the problem went away.  

I can't help but conclude that I can only have one PrestaShop site per hosting account which seems absurd.

It is and has been my intention to have many (dozens) of PrestaShop sites running and I'm not sure if that's going to be possible based on what I've shared with you.

I'm hoping that given this information, someone will see what we're doing wrong and offer a solution.

I figure that PrestaShop wouldn't be as popular as it is if only one instance of it can be run per hosting account.

Thank you for reading this, I appreciate any help we can get.

Jim

The Boston Barn

Your account information:
    Total MySQL Database Size: 395.42 MB
    Total MySQL Tables: 3115

Largest MySQL Database Size: 62.06 MB
    Largest MySQL Table Count: 335

Prestashop installs about 200 tables for each installation, so I'm not sure where the number 3115 comes from.  You can simply open phpmyadmin from your hosting control panel, and review the database you have created and confirm both the size of the database, and how many tables exist. 

Also, most shared hosting environments, where you are paying a cheap monthly price for "unlimited" resources, are never going to give you unlimited resources.

btw. have you tried to use multistore? you will avoid database tables duplication :-) it's great feature to handle many shops from one prestashop installation, even if you want to sell totally different products