Times enable of products

mostlyharmless

Hello.

Ive allready asked in the danish forum about this but thought id give it a go here too.

Im looking for a module that can set a range of products online at a specifik time and date fully automated.

Sounds weird, but im trying to help a company who has alot of midnight launches and it does make it easier for then not to have to be online at midnight when a product goes online.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

regards
Bo

could you provide a bit more detail about what you mean by 'online'?

are you saying that the merchant wants to add a group of products (let's say 20 products), and the merchant will add these products using the back office.  But all of these products will be disabled, so customers cannot purchase them yet.

then at midnight, all of these products should become enabled and customers can start to purchase them?

• Like 1

Sorry about the bad explaination.

But yes thats just what i mean.

The idea is that they can prep all the things (put the products up but disabled), then at a given time they should be set to online.

I know i can be done via Cron, but would just make it easier for them if they didnt have to sit and edit too many files.

The reason i mainly ask is that if a solution like it is not available now, i might make it 

There is no way to avoid using cron for something like this, since Prestashop does not have any scheduler based functions.  I do believe there used to be a cron task module, but it no longer exists in the addons store.

I also think you would need a separate module so you can define which products should be enabled, and at what date/time that should be scheduled for, but as far as the schedule, it would have to be done via a cronjob that executes a module file.