Images not showing after CSV product import

I have imported categories and then products using the CSV import utility. The categories and products are showing correctly but the images are not showing at all.

I uploaded my images to a folder in my site and then put the url of each individual image into my CSV file (http://mywebsite.com/product_images/701120.jpg)

I have over 3000 products and cannot update the image uploads “one by one”.

I have found and followed the php.ini instructions for “safe mode” and then deleted my categories and products, re-imported my categories and products and it still didnt show the images.

Does anyone know how to get PS to show the images?

Thank you.

Does anyone know how or where to prevent prestashop from renaming images? I have images which are based on a "product code" from my manufacturer. If i could put the images into the img/p folder, then reimport the products into PS, this might force PS to "SEE" the imported images as the image associated with the product i imported.

Or maybe if i could just upload my images to a specific folder and then change the PS code to simply look in my uploaded folder for the filename i uploaded....I don't know...that seems logical and simple instead of renaming all the images...if it has to resize and regenrate, then use the original filename and add the "Small large thickbox" stuff as a suffix to the original filename.

I'm trying to find a workaround since i cant find an answer or get any help on getting PS to import and show images for products the usual way.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated, not just by me, but by every person who ever has to import a product. AND THERE ARE A LOT if you check the forum.

It would be very difficult to change the way Prestashop names images. Prestashop uses the product id and image id for the images. By doing this, Prestashop doesn't need to store the filenames in the database, it can just use the product id, image id and image size to generate the image URL. To keep the filename when importing like you are requesting would require you to add the filename to database and then perform a database query every time you want to get a product image.

I HAVE done exactly as you suggested. I did that before I posted on the forum.

I created a folder in my site called "product_images", I then adjusted my CSV file to reflect the location URL along with the image filename for each item (http://mywebstore.com/product_images/XXXXX.jpg)
I then imported all the 3412 items into PS and it showed everything EXCEPT the images.

I regenerated thumbnails and it still didnt help.

I searched the forum and found info about PHP "safe mode", I followed the directions precisely.

I have had ecommerce sites since 2003. I have used multiple programs and am very fluent in editing the configuration of my php settings, folder permissions, database connections, etc.

I have also used multiple hosting services to see if this issue was a hosting problem and ALL of them are resulting in the same problem.

The simple fact is that this is a defect in PS.

I have used VPASP in the past and it worked great. I didnt want to pay the upgrade price....but I'm losing sales by not having a site with images....VPASP has a FREE fully working demo which I will use until I upgrade.

have fun tinkering and being frustrated.

• 3 weeks later...

hello,
i have the same problem, in my import.csv file i have specified the http://mydomain.tld/images-to-import/image-n.jpg

all images are on a different web server, but are viewable. when i run the import, the database is correctly populated and the ps_images table is also ok, but the images are no where to be seen.

do i need to manually import and rename each image on to this server?

thanks

hi,
i am using

$ php --version
PHP 5.2.12-pl0-gentoo (cli) (built: Jan 14 2010 21:31:50)
Copyright © 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2009 Zend Technologies

anyhow, i wrote a script which renamed my images in the directory to the product_id-image_id.jpg and i then regenerated the images. following which i updated the ps_image table which worked pretty well.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue on PS 1.2.5.0
I put the full URL of the image on my csv file, uploaded the images. Then did the import. That seemed to work out.

It seems that PS generates all the necessary images from the URL field at the time of import.

To add, not all images are there for some reason. Looks like some thumbnails are ? but the image location is valid. I'm checking this out now.

I switched to VPASP and immediately had my images on my site. I have about 3000 products and it took about two minutes for it to add them to my site and the image links are all there. http://americanaquaponics.com

I did have to upload about 200 MB of images to my site using frontpage, but the actual ecommerce program added and updated my products and images in a couple of minutes. (it is possible to upload the images using VPASP but I opted for using frontpage since I was already using it for other site editing.)

Since that time, I have updated my images using the same vpasp import method (product weight, price, dimensions, descriptions, etc) and it still only took a couple of minutes.

Don't get me wrong; Prestashop is an outstanding program. I really like the look and feel of it and the features are excellent. But each person has unique requirements and the product upload feature (with images) was a huge issue for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...