How to disable module in database

Hey there, I run a Prestashop 1.3 (don't laugh - few k products to migrate) shop and just upgraded the paypal module which resulted in all modules to be gone from the backoffice. I know that it might be the exceeded memory issue and I believe that if I disable in db some modules I don't use, the modules will appear in the back office.

So my question is - how to disable a module in Prestashop 1.3 directly in a database?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 6 years later...

Lets update this topic for PrestaShop 1.7.7.5 with list of default modules (preinstalled).

The query bellow will disable all non default PrestaShop modules.
This might be useful if your PrestaShop is crashed and you need to disable all non core modules but you have no access to your admin dashboard.

UPDATE ps_module SET active = 0 WHERE name NOT IN ('contactform', 'dashactivity', 'dashgoals', 'dashproducts', 'dashtrends', 'graphnvd3', 'gridhtml', 'gsitemap', 'pagesnotfound', 'productcomments', 'ps_banner', 'ps_categorytree', 'ps_checkpayment', 'ps_contactinfo', 'ps_crossselling', 'ps_currencyselector', 'ps_customeraccountlinks', 'ps_customersignin', 'ps_customtext', 'ps_dataprivacy', 'ps_emailsubscription', 'ps_faviconnotificationbo', 'ps_featuredproducts', 'ps_imageslider', 'ps_languageselector', 'ps_linklist', 'ps_mainmenu', 'ps_searchbar', 'ps_sharebuttons', 'ps_shoppingcart', 'ps_socialfollow', 'ps_themecusto', 'ps_wirepayment', 'sekeywords', 'statsbestcategories', 'statsbestcustomers', 'statsbestproducts', 'statsbestsuppliers', 'statsbestvouchers', 'statscarrier', 'statscatalog', 'statscheckup', 'statsdata', 'statsequipment', 'statsforecast', 'statslive', 'statsnewsletter', 'statsorigin', 'statspersonalinfos', 'statsproduct', 'statsregistrations', 'statssales', 'statssearch', 'statsstock', 'statsvisits', 'welcome', 'gamification', 'emarketing', 'psaddonsconnect', 'psgdpr', 'ps_mbo', 'ps_buybuttonlite', 'ps_metrics', 'ps_accounts', 'ps_eventbus', 'blockreassurance', 'ps_facetedsearch');

src: https://devwl.pl/disable-all-modules-in-prestashop-using-sql/

Edited by DevWL (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hello Guys,

I try to disable the module by updating the ps_module table record set active = 0 but it does not work.

Maybe when disabling the module from the back office PS update multiple tables and writes into file.

I tried renaming the module name from the modules folder and it works fine.

Does anyone know how to disable and see the enable option in the back-office like the attached screenshot by disabling the module from the database or files without the admin panel (back-office)

dfsdfdsfdsfdsfdf.png

dsfsfdsfdsfdsfds.png

• Like 1

Modern versions use the "devices" field in ps_module so that you can disable separately for mobile, tablet and pc (Mob=4|Tab=2|PC=1). So normally it is 7 and when you put it to zero the module is disabled everywhere.

Switching modules off this way is a bit tricky as it may have overrides that are not disabled this way.