Hosting solution for my requirements?

Hi there,

I'm having a little trouble in finding out what hosting requirements are needed for our website. It's going to be an e-commerce website with around 10.000 (and ongoing) products, designed for B2C and B2B. That means that a lot of data will be customized in order to show different results for different types of customers. Also it will require quite a few modules.

Ergo, my questions are:

1.Will I require a VDS sollution from my hosting provider in order to run this type of store?

2.What would you suggest to be an optimal configuration for the system on which it will run?

Thank you in advance!

I'm asking this forum because I want to know about user experiences, and not just accept whatever the hosting company recommends.

Edited by Alex Nitu (see edit history)

Thanks, but I'm not looking for a different hosting service. We're pretty happy with the services we're recieving now for our current platform, but I want to know if that type of database/customization might experience issues regarding speed and function if we don't upgrade to a VPS based server and if the configuration of one Intel Xeon 20MB Cache/4GB RAM will be enough for a smooth experience.

Right now we have a working platform but we want to change it to prestashop because we need the open-source flexibility and it seems that this product is one of the few that meet our demands.

Edited by Alex Nitu (see edit history)

Ok, so I finally uploaded the platform on a shared server which we are using since the first website was created. I tweaked it so now it shows a decent score in google's pagespeed test (96), and I started added some products. So far, everything works great, but soon I will import the full 10.000+ CSV and see what's what. I figure it shouldn't be too much to handle if I give it 10.000 entries but I'll come back with updates after I figure a way to import pictures and texts also. So far I don't have any ideas of how to import our curent database of descriptions and images for all these products.