Shopping Carts with large number of products created every day at the almost same time

Hello,

Every day I get 1-2 Shopping carts with large number of our products selected and they are created almost at the same time. Those carts are of course not finished. Every day I remove those shopping cards.

Should I worry about this? It's clear for me that this is not a person but a computer that is doing this, but I cannot understand the reason.

Did somebody else had such king of "problem"?

Can I do something? and  again should I worry...is this a spam?

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Kind regards,

Boris

Sounds to me like a search engine bot indexing your website. 

You should review your access logs (cpanel or hosting panel), search for that time frame and you should see entries from an ip address or domain name.  That should give you an idea of who/what is doing it.

the first step is to identify who or what is doing it, as I described above.

You should review your access logs (cpanel or hosting panel), search for that time frame and you should see entries from an ip address or domain name.  That should give you an idea of who/what is doing it.

Sorry to ask, but is this good or bad that an engine bot is indexing my website?

these bots are there not always for indexing purposes.

a lot of bots are spam bots and trying to place some "vagra pills" advertisements by posting each "form" to send some datas to your website.

add to cart action is also a kind of "form", so i bet that this bot just trying to spam.

what to do?

exactly as Michael mentioned, search for ip of this bot (cart should contains log as far as i remember) then block it with iptables (if you're tech savvy and have own vps) or use some module to block ip addresses

Thank you to both of you...looks indeed that's exactly what Vekia described it...This evening again...

Now the difficult think for me...I tried ot look in Prestashop menu and the only think I could find is the Geolocation - the Whitelisted IPaddress...most of them are from Google (did not checked all of them). Also I looked under statistics, but no IP addresses - for example under Referrers Save Direct Traffic is now set up to "NO"...

All this to put the question - Where to find the channel or the hosting panel? I opened the card but there is only the list of the selected products...nothing more and I can only delete the card...

I will look for some modules, but I think 1st I have to be able to identify the IP address...think which now I cannot do.