Shipping Price Differences - PayPal Module Issues

MCIAdmin

Hi,

We are using Prestashop 1.5.4.1 on our webstore. Recently had to update the Paypal module due to POODLE/SSL 3.0 and encountered the following issues. 

1. The old PayPal module never showed the "Upgrade" button which it should have. So I had to manually download PayPal module version 3.8.1 and update on the website.

2. Since the update, the problem customers are having is that the whole process goes smooth and the payment gets completed. However, at the end they don't get a confirmation. The error in the back-office is Price paid on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop.

I identified that the problem is occurring due to shipping prices. In the website, the shipping price is rounded but now after the update, Paypal is taking the two decimals also and the price gets mismatched.

For example:

Previously, Upgrade discs to Canada would be: US$ 30 (price)+ US$ 15.19 (shipping) = US$ 45 (both on PS and Paypal)

Now, Upgrade discs to Canada would be: US$ 30 (price)+ US$ 15.19 (shipping) = US$ 45 on PS and US$ 45.19 on Paypal

Need urgent help on this as it is affecting many customers. Changing the shipping rates is not an option.

Thanks,

Previously, Upgrade discs to Canada would be: US$ 30 (price)+ US$ 15.19 (shipping) = US$ 45 (both on PS and Paypal)

But isn't this wrong?  My calculator says that 30 + 15.19 = 45.19

It sounds like you have made some sort of customization in the past to deal with rounding of prices, and you likely need to re-apply that customization.